Missouri Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:77&79F250

January freeze your a$$ if BS thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2018, 07:45 PM
77&79F250
Moderator & parts seller
Received 3,288 Likes on 2,444 Posts
I called to ck in on RC, he got moved to a different room and might NOT be in intensive care anymore? He is sleeping now and has not been taking calls due to talking is so difficult. I am going to talk directly his nurse in an hour and will report back soon after that, I 'll pass a collective Mo chapter FTE hello, get well soon, word to him.

Old 01-30-2018, 08:28 PM
moose4x4
Cargo Master
Received 131 Likes on 110 Posts
We were able to say goodbye. My wife and his girlfriend handled it better than I thought they would. I was sure his girlfriend would be a complete mess. They had a parents meeting and were very blunt. They stated their core values and rules and said if this wasn't what you signed up for you are free to take your kids home with you. They said they don't need students. They have 4000 apply each year for 350-400 openings. It's such a fantastic opportunity.

When we were there they had all parents and kids go into a auditorium. Gave us the speech and then told all kids to go thru the side door. After they left they told us the kids were theirs now and it would better for them if we all left. Wife didn't like that. Couldn't talk to him or anything for a couple of weeks. Son said it was harder to get into C of O than it was Harvard.

I bought a 48 ford truck in high school to rebuild, Me and my dad pulled apart 3 different v-8 flatheads to rebuild and all three had cracked blocks. Dad told me that was it. Ended up selling to my math teacher. did not get another Ford Truck till after I graduated. 1970 Sports Custom.

All you guys get well, I am off on weekends now looking forward to a GTG.

Old 01-30-2018, 08:32 PM
Harrier
Lead Driver
Received 764 Likes on 374 Posts
Rich, I turn 50 this year. I'm avoiding thinking about the 50 tests. I have never had any procedures done.The worst I've had is getting my wisdom teeth out and some stitches on occasion.

Chip, I haven't met Tim Herron yet. I don't get out much though. I'm a Jaybird. I ran track and cross country at Jeff City. Do you know Ritchie Jenkins? I work with him at Conservation.

Old 01-30-2018, 10:35 PM
77&79F250
Moderator & parts seller
Well just off the phone with RC's nurse (Ashley), he is still resting and they do not like to bother the patient after PM 10?

But he is OUT OF intensive care, so that is a good thing.

Reach out and give him a holler 870-508-3500 3W nurses station tomorrow.

Old 01-31-2018, 02:20 AM
cyclopsblown34
Lead Driver
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
I don't recognize the name Ritchie Jenkins, you two at Conservation on Truman Blvd? I work down the road at IBT. I'm guessing you were in my little brother Russ Bryant's class.

Old 01-31-2018, 06:18 AM
Harrier
Lead Driver
Received 764 Likes on 374 Posts
Originally Posted by cyclopsblown34
I don't recognize the name Ritchie Jenkins, you two at Conservation on Truman Blvd? I work down the road at IBT. I'm guessing you were in my little brother Russ Bryant's class.
Well I'll be, we work about a mile from each other.
I don't recognized the name. but there were 411 in my graduating class 1986. I was a pretty quiet kid and was running all the time. I'm also terrible with names. It drives my wife and kids crazy.

We will have to meet up sometime. Maybe a nice day when I get the urge to drive my truck into work.

Old 01-31-2018, 08:30 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 77&79F250
Yea I want to be OUT COLD for it. Subject change...I am ready for warmer weather so I can get re-motivated on the red truck. Go Go Go
Rich...it really isn't near as bad as the picture that your putting into your own head, been through it, it even took my doctor 2 years to talk me into it. The worst part is your prep at home, stay, near, a bathroom once things start happening.
That's really the worst of it. Bonus! You are going to have a Guiness world record fart! I heard people in the other rooms laughing at me!

Originally Posted by Harrier
Rich, I turn 50 this year. I'm avoiding thinking about the 50 tests. I have never had any procedures done.The worst I've had is getting my wisdom teeth out and some stitches on occasion.
I hit 54 last September, been through 5 different surgeries, the finger, the camera etc. Even have some Titanium installed while we were in North Carolina.

Unk Bob

Old 01-31-2018, 08:49 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by 77&79F250
Joe PM sent.

Unk Bob I hear ya on the sick thing, I am just getting over my bronchial phenomena, Penny is on the tail end of her sickness. Alan might still have it...

Best for everyone that we hold off, I will try to at least call RC and ck in with him and let him know we are thinking of him. We do not need to take the sickness to him.

I have to go to the hospital appt with my mom most of the day tomorrow (blood infusion/transfusion time...) Thurs evening I am prepping for my fri "welcome to being 50 procedure".

Fri is well.. you know...Sat is on the road to see the grandkids, now that we almost over the bug. Sunday meeting with a FTE member for a wheel'n deal.

When do you want to come get those 37's? Friday Feb 9th we will be in Spg that evening to go to a friends band gig at a local bar. I can haul them that far to ya?
I'm feeling better this morning. I have stomach problems (Ulcers and such) so I get a stomach bug easily. But if anybody even thinks they may still have a bug/flu, RC doesn't need that person around him with what he's got going on already.
Buddy I've completely forgotten about those 37's
We'll be in Independence this next Tuesday and Wednesday. Tuesday we'll just killing time. And Wed, Tim is having some surgery on his hand. He's finding out what being a mechanic can/will do to your body. I still hope he decides that he'd rather do it as a hobby than for a living.
He cut a finger pretty bad on a metal wheel cover, and may have cut that tendon completely.

Hope everybody gets felling better.

Unk Bob

Old 01-31-2018, 09:56 AM
earthquake68
Hotshot
Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
Good Morning Everybody!

Just got off the phone with RC's son-in-law. They're moving him to the 4th floor. Room 4402. As soon as the VA has an open bed, he will be transferred out of Baxter Regional. He just took a turn for the worse this morning. That one lung they puncture at the VA filled back up with crap, so he's back on the breathing machine, again.

Rich. Are we still going down there?

Old 01-31-2018, 10:17 AM
77&79F250
Moderator & parts seller
Unk Bob holler on the way up or down Hwy 13 you can stop and pick them up. Hope Tim's finger is going to be ok.

Alan thanks for the update on RC, I am jammed up at work rest of this week (today (my moms doc deal) and tomorrow, so no getting off early), then Friday my doc deal...Sat grandsons last B ball game to attend...

So is he going to be moved to Fayetteville VA? Maybe next week we can get there?

Old 01-31-2018, 02:40 PM
earthquake68
Hotshot
Not sure yet, Rich. I just know they're going to move him when they get a free bed.

Old 01-31-2018, 09:17 PM
cyclopsblown34
Lead Driver
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Harrier
Well I'll be, we work about a mile from each other.
I don't recognized the name. but there were 411 in my graduating class 1986. I was a pretty quiet kid and was running all the time. I'm also terrible with names. It drives my wife and kids crazy.

We will have to meet up sometime. Maybe a nice day when I get the urge to drive my truck into work.
That'll work. I graduated in 85, drove a red 67 Buick GS with a 455 I built. Quickest car in school til Tellman built his 65 Mustang with a nasty 302.

Old 01-31-2018, 09:36 PM
John T super cab
Fleet Mechanic
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by moose4x4
I got mine through Great Lakes Off Road. Haven't put on road yet, project truck.
http://www.greatlakeoffroad.com/GLO-...rsion-Kit.html
Thanks just what i needed .

Old 01-31-2018, 10:41 PM
earthquake68
Hotshot
Today kinda' sucked. I pulled Earthquake around so I could start working on it. I went in to get a soda, came out and saw some gear oil on the ground under the truck. I was going to leave the T-cases alone until I could afford to upgrade them. Guess what I'm doing now anyway?

Old 02-01-2018, 07:48 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Good morning Missouri!
Glad I got to spend some time outside yesterday, tho much of it was at a large fire in Sparta.
Alan, we passed each other a couple of day's ago on 14. I went to see Adam, to get my ears lowered, and seen a "Dent Side" coming at me. Sorry to see that transfer case split open like that.
Rich I'll check with you on the way up to KC this next Tuesday, and get those 37's out of your way. Tim may be coming back with us the day of his surgery, and I just want to get him back here so he can relax for a few day's, and be waited on by the ol' man. Then I'll take him back to KC that next week sometime.
Hope y'all are doing well.

Unk Bob

Quick Reply: January freeze your a$$ if BS thread