More Turbo
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Looks promising...Who makes it?

Old 05-22-2018, 04:41 PM
Martin Torres
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by vinniez
Here is what you need, Tell him Vince sent this to you . they can even use the OEM pedal, mount and arm.
That’s more of what I was thinking.

Old 05-22-2018, 06:55 PM
oldbleu
More Turbo
Agreed...I just can't figure out who makes it. Am I missing something?

Old 05-22-2018, 07:04 PM
Martin Torres
Tuned
Originally Posted by oldbleu
Agreed...I just can't figure out who makes it. Am I missing something?
yeah I didn’t see the manufacture on the picture either. Just look up Vince.

Old 05-22-2018, 11:50 PM
flhx06
Tuned
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I think its a product from CPP but when you check thier site it lists this bracket for a Chevy. But maybe they make custom pieces?

Old 05-22-2018, 11:55 PM
flhx06
Tuned
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
The one that Martin put up is pretty slick too though because it mounts the master cylinder under the dash. Gets it out of the engine compartment. Leaves you room for that future Coyote!

That one is by ECI Hot Rod Brakes

Old 05-23-2018, 12:28 AM
oldbleu
More Turbo
Between the radio, wires and the wiper arms, things can be kind of tight under the dash. The guys at MPSR are going to try modifying the stock Ford pedal bracket to see if they can make it work. If the brake master is moved to where the clutch master used to be, it will get me 4 full inches of additional clearance. The bellcrank version that Marty posted will provide 3 inches of additional clearance. It is made by a company called "Engineered Components Inc". The CPP bracket that Vinniez posted is for a Chevy truck, but it might be a candidate for some modification. I can't find any tech specs on that bracket to see how far it moves the master cylinder.

As for Wylie Coyote, there is still hope for him yet. Regardless of what I do for an engine, that master cylinder and booster need to be moved. My choice for the IFS front end just isn't as Ford friendly as other front ends. It causes the engine to be mounted higher than normal so that the oil pump clears the steering rack and crossmember. The Coyote engine has a rear sump oil pan which, according to the folks at the Roadster Shop, will fit better (lower) than the 351 Windsor I am dealing with at the moment. In my case, lower is better. As always, I really appreciate the input from all of you guys. Stay tuned.....

Old 05-23-2018, 12:37 AM
vinniez
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This one in the photo is for a cheverolet. Here is the artical.

http://www.hotrod.com/articles/1947-chevrolet-3100-firewall-mount-booster-option-1947-1953-chevy-pickups/

I was talking to Mike about this and told him to have James just make one up for you.

Old 05-23-2018, 12:42 AM
Martin Torres
Tuned
Originally Posted by flhx06
The one that Martin put up is pretty slick too though because it mounts the master cylinder under the dash. Gets it out of the engine compartment. Leaves you room for that future Coyote!

That one is by ECI Hot Rod Brakes
Actually that bracket assembly is under the dash and the power booster and master cylinder are still in the engine compartment. They just have it bolted together to show you how it works. Either one of these wouldn’t be too difficult to fabricate.

Old 05-23-2018, 12:51 AM
oldbleu
More Turbo
Vinnie: Mike and I took a hard look at the stock bracket earlier today. He agreed to try modifying it before looking at messing with a replacement. I am confident they can come up with something. I appreciate your input.

Marty: I agree. If need be, they should be able to fabricate something that will work, maybe something that uses some of the existing bracket. I will post pictures of what we wind up with.

Old 05-23-2018, 12:29 PM
Rusty 57
Senior User
Between the radio, wires and the wiper arms, things can be kind of tight under the dash. The guys at MPSR are going to try modifying the stock Ford pedal bracket to see if they can make it work. If the brake master is moved to where the clutch master used to be, it will get me 4 full inches of additional clearance. The bellcrank version that Marty posted will provide 3 inches of additional clearance. It is made by a company called "Engineered Components Inc". The CPP bracket that Vinniez posted is for a Chevy truck, but it might be a candidate for some modification. I can't find any tech specs on that bracket to see how far it moves the master cylinder.

As for Wylie Coyote, there is still hope for him yet. Regardless of what I do for an engine, that master cylinder and booster need to be moved. My choice for the IFS front end just isn't as Ford friendly as other front ends. It causes the engine to be mounted higher than normal so that the oil pump clears the steering rack and crossmember. The Coyote engine has a rear sump oil pan which, according to the folks at the Roadster Shop, will fit better (lower) than the 351 Windsor I am dealing with at the moment. In my case, lower is better. As always, I really appreciate the input from all of you guys. Stay tuned.....
Bleu, I got my disk conversion from ECI and was very happy with the product and service.
just saying. Love the thread keep it up.

Old 05-27-2018, 08:09 PM
Rustypanel
Cross-Country
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
oldblu,

Thanks guys, I really do appreciate the encouragement.

I am still exploring my options regarding the fuel tank. There is at least one more crossmember which needs to be installed above the panhard bar that could have an impact on the location and size of the tank. I would guess a Mustang tank could be made to fit. Since I am planning on running "Fuel Injection" on the engine, I want the fuel pump to be submerged in the gas tank if at all possible. I think the best way to do that is to mount the pump vertically. I don't know for sure if a Mustang tank will work.

The above picture is the tank I had made for my '63 Falcon. It has the pump in the tank. I am not real wild about the way the pump mounts. Although it is kind of horizontal, it does work and it might be the way to go considering the bed will be covering the tank up, limiting access.

Another consideration is the exhaust. I would like to have a pipe run on each side of the tank, exiting in the rear. However, modifications like these tend to have a domino effect. Making one change necessitates the need for three other changes to be made in order to accommodate the first change. Once all of the crossmembers are installed in the area in question, I will contact the fuel tank company and see what they can do. Ideally, I would want something in the 17-18 gallon range.
Many Mustang parts suppliers carry a 1970, 22 gallon fuel tank with EFI connections. National Parts Depot, CJ Pony Parts, etc.

Old 05-28-2018, 04:27 AM
oldbleu
More Turbo
Rusty, I looked at several different Mustang tanks and didn't find one I liked. There is nothing wrong with the Mustang tanks, but based on personal preference, I went back to the guys at Rick's Tanks in El Paso, Texas. They built my last tank and they have made many improvements on their products over the last few years.

The 18 gallon tank is stainless and has the high pressure, EFI fuel pump mounted inside. It came with the gauge sender as well.

Old 05-28-2018, 02:54 PM
Martin Torres
Tuned
When they have "Senior User" under our names do you think they are referring to our age?

Old 05-28-2018, 03:09 PM
oldbleu
More Turbo
No, not for you. However in my case, I am old enough to rate a senior discount.

Quick Reply: '58 F-100 Restoration Project