Location (State/Prov):

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State/Prov):

Item Condition:

96 F150 SWB,4.9, E4OD, Very clean, well maintained,W/upgrades.Video.

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2017, 09:35 PM
Boots & Slicks 14
Junior User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
96 F150 SWB,4.9, E4OD, Very clean, well maintained,W/upgrades.Video.

Year: 1996
Make: Ford
Model: F-150
Price: $4900
Mileage: 191055
Color: White
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): OR
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
Color: Gray
Engine: 4.9 300 six cylinder

Please check links for more pics and video. I have 45 pictures uploaded to my photobucket account. If you would like more pics or additional video, I can do so.

In the over 2 years of me owning this F150, I have done quite a bit to the truck to make sure I could have a nice, turn key, reliable drive and tow anywhere rig. Everything works on it! Yes, even both tanks and the A/C & heat! No check engine light, strange noises or fluid leaks.

I spent months looking for one that was a short bed, single cab with the notorious 4.9 300 C.I. six cylinder and E4OD. Most the ones I would find had manual transmissions. I get approx 17-19 MPG on the highway empty. Surprisingly, it's not much worse towing.

I bought it and did all the work to it with the intention of keeping it for a long time, however, I'm going to need a different truck for my future needs, so unfortunately, the truck has to go.

This was the last year of this body style (first and only year with a Mass Air Flow Sensor) and in my opinion the last year of the more "user friendly" generation of F150s. These trucks are getting harder to find in this shape especially in areas where rust is an issue.

The truck used to belong to Pacific Power up in Washington State for some time, at times, depending on how the light is shining on the driver's side door, you can faintly see where the stickers were.

BODY-

With the exception of the dents on the tailgate, body is straight and rust free with original white paint. There are holes on the bed rails since this was used as a work truck. Added fog lights and aux back up lights in the rear bumper both controlled by a switch. I have installed eye bolts (pictured) on each corner of the bed, they're nice when you're trying to tie down loads.

DRIVETRAIN:

ENGINE- Still runs great. Doesn't leak, smoke, or use any oil between oil changes.

Upgrades include, MSD Blaster coil (working stock coil goes with truck), Taylor Thundervolt spark plug wires, Copper plugs, Accel cap & rotor, K&N style free flowing air filter and I ditched the stock power robbing clutch fan for a factory dual electric fan unit out of 90s Dodge Minivan, it was the only one slim enough to fit in the very small space between the pulley and the radiator. Cools very well. Fan is controlled by a relayed controller, works just like a factory unit, turns on with the A/C and defroster. Engine also has an aux oil cooler. Takes 6 quarts of oil total. Has plug for block warmer (pictured).

TRANSMISSION- Has been rebuilt by AAMCO approx. 29,000 miles ago (receipts pictured and go with truck) with a heavy duty torque converter and a shift kit for towing. You can feel it shift into every gear firmly especially 2nd. I have added an aux B&M cooler to it as well. The hottest the transmission temp has gotten according to my Auto Meter Gauge is about 185 degrees, even when towing or in the Summer time with the A/C on.

REAR DIFFERENTIAL- Open 3.55:1 gear ratio with an added B&M cover for extra gear oil capacity, cooling fins and to help strengthen the main caps. Has magnetic drain plug as well. Filled with Lucas gear oil.

EXHAUST- Stock with muffler delete. The dual catalytic converters Ford put on these trucks were already enough of a muffler. Still quiet at idle and while cruising.

WHEELS & TIRES:

Front- Factory 15x6 wheels. 235/75/15 tires at 9/32 tread depth with 2016 DOT dates.

Rears- Wider Wheel Vintiques 15x8 wheels. Taller and wider 265/75/15 tires at 10/32 tread depth with 2015 DOT dates. Has hub caps from earlier model Ford Trucks.

SUSPENSION:

Front-Lowered about 2" with shorter coils. I installed adjustable camber/castor bushings so the alignment is still adjustable.

Rear- Lowered 2" via drop hangers and shackles. (Installing those hangers was a JOB!) Has working air shocks in the rear as well.

Truck still rides as smooth as stock.

INTERIOR- Bench seat was cleaned and extracted when I first got the truck and I had a removable and washable seat cover custom made to match it, cost me over a $100. Seat has no tears. All glass tinted with lifetime tint. Has Kenwood CD player with AUX port. Ditched the cheap plastic door handles and window cranks for steel chrome ones from an earlier model F150. I added a dual gauge pod with Trans Temp and RPM gauge. Also has a trailer brake controller. I also added the factory cruise control to the truck, the base models never came with cruise. Dash pad is cracking which typical of trucks of this era & age.

HVAC- I have changed just about everything in the factory A/C system. Which includes the accumulator, orifice tube, condenser, and compressor. The A/C blows ICE COLD even on the most hot and humid days it will start freezing you after a few minutes.

Parts I have replaced in the last couple of years not mentioned earlier:

Battery, Distributor, PCV valve, thermostat, radiator, front pads and calipers, and possibly other things I can't remember at the moment.

As mentioned, truck runs great, I wouldn't hesitate to drive it anywhere, so if you want to fly in and drive it home you can.(License plates do not go with truck, I will photo copy them and tape them in the windows if you plan on driving the truck home.)

Pick up of the truck is responsibility of the buyer! I have a flexible schedule and will do my best to assist the shipper of your choice. Please give me as much notice as possible so I can be there and have the truck ready for the driver!

I can deliver the truck within 400 miles of 97526 for a fee of 50 cents per mile. Fees must be paid for before delivery.

Truck is sold as is with no warranty expressed or implied. I sell world wide.

Truck is well worth what I'm asking, insulting offers will be ignored.

I have tried to described the truck as best I could to avoid any surprises for the buyer, it's possible I forget to mention or show something, please, feel free to ask any questions.

Thanks for reading!

Boots_n_Slicks_14's Library | Photobucket

Old 12-14-2017, 03:26 PM
Bronco638
Tuned
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Damn, exactly what I'm looking for. I wish you were closer (and interested in trading for my '95 LWB long bed). GLwS

Old 12-14-2017, 09:20 PM
Boots & Slicks 14
Junior User
Originally Posted by Bronco638
Damn, exactly what I'm looking for. I wish you were closer (and interested in trading for my '95 LWB long bed). GLwS
Thanks, you to.

Old 01-30-2018, 06:30 PM
Boots & Slicks 14
Junior User
Still for sale.