2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Anyone having problem with the new trucks

Old 12-13-2017, 11:40 AM
Buliwyf
Posting Guru
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Reading the OP. It sounds like the normal varible steering problem. And a bunch of techs that don't know how to fix it. Or fixed it with parts from the same bad batch.

The rest just sounds like sensational nothings. Going full drama lama at a dealer is bad mojo.

Old 12-13-2017, 01:37 PM
svtride
Tuned
Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by zelinadc
Wow! I have a CC Premium XLT - zero issues at nearly 10k. Seems very odd the computer was not fully programmed AND it left the factory that way.... I cant believe Ford doesn't check the software install before it leaves the factory. Something is not right here...
Ford KTP checks the SW flashes multiple times in their EOL and pre-ship process. Actually, computers check the SW flashes, and there is no human judgement on pass fail criteria. No way truck gets out of plant with "partial" SW load.

Old 12-13-2017, 04:39 PM
CRSFX4
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The part that makes no sense is the computer not having software installed for a factory option (adaptive steering).......never heard of anything like that.

Also agree that the "I paid $$$$ for this and it shouldn't happen" is as weak an argument as you can have. Plenty of Lexus, BMW, Mercedes owners have had lemon cars.......I bet you could find a Bugatti Veyron customer, or 2 that had issues with their $1 Million+ cars.....plus, throwing a fit in a dealership is a complete waste of time and will never, ever resolve anything.

Old 12-13-2017, 05:21 PM
Buliwyf
Posting Guru
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Might just be a bad Ford ECM. Or the tech has a crappy computer and just plain messed up or misunderstood something. Or deleted it while trying to fix it. Techs say stupid things. That's why they don't do the weather on TV.

Old 12-13-2017, 08:54 PM
TxHeat
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by loggerkev
Back to the drawing bord hear steering screwed up all over guess it will be another 9 weeks with out a truck. i'm considering trading in for something without adaptive steering. seems like its the gear and motor in steering wheel causing my grief. gonna start looking around ford has only offer to fix it and not just swap out to a new truck.
You said your steering was screwed up. Did it happen to make noise when you turned it significantly to the left or right? I’ve noticed a weird noise when I turn the steering wheel hard.

Old 12-20-2017, 11:07 PM
loggerkev
New User
steering locks up loss all power assist like theirs no power steering in it. the adaptive steering fault light keeps coming in and the steering wheel keeps going off center. just got back from camp and found a power steering leak again its going into PG motors tomorrow gonna see if they can delete the adaptive steering if not I,m gonna get rid of the truck sick of fixing the same thing over and over. this is the 12th time this truck is going to a dealer for a steering problem and ford refuses to address the problem if it was nothing more than a light id probably stick tape over it and keep driving but being such a safety deal and reliably thing it needs to be working 100 percent its like brakes there kinda important lol.

Old 12-21-2017, 07:59 AM
USSenator
Elder User
My oil life monitor did not give me a warning at 5%. My dealer is looking into it.

Old 12-23-2017, 08:22 AM
loggerkev
New User
truck is getting all new steering wheel gear box power steering pump all over again its throwing codes that wont go away. ford still will not fix the situation PG motors stepped in gave me top dollar trade of 52k truck only worth 57 on the lot. looked at a 17 xlt priced at 68k decided ageist bran new for the ford bought a 2016 platinum came out owing way less money truck drives like a dream 6.2 gas no adaptive steering junk. we think that because the truck gets loaded down with 3000lbs worth of gear than taking nasty logging roads between bumps and ruts the lack of power steering in mine is why it keep getting screwed up. the 2017 with out adaptive was night and day for steering little tighter than our 17 f150 but not near as tight as my 17 f350 .
they wear willing to sell me a new 17 but i was not willing to pay the differences at that point i would of went dodge. im very happy with the 2016 F350 i got into.

Old 12-23-2017, 08:43 AM
DRKBC
Senior User
Well at least your out of it. You can start to loose faith in a vehicle after a while, i don't blame you. I think your right for your application the adaptive steering, in its current form anyway, isn't right for your application.

I am presently getting a little irritated myself, small problems, water leak in the cab, passenger door has refused to stay shut twice now resulting in the passenger having to hold the door shut for the entire trip so it wouldn't fly open (the dealer just had it yesterday for this problem and then it happened again last night). Then yesterday morning I had to crawl over my front seats to get into the back as the side door locks wouldn't disengage. Info screen has gone completely black for the last two drives. Again not huge things but still frustrating on my new very expensive Ford Tough truck. Fist new vehicle in years and so far it has had more problems than any of my others did over their entire lives.

Old 12-23-2017, 10:12 AM
TrippinStfflr
Junior User
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Top_Speed1
Being that "if" this is a real issue; I agree you got a lemon. It happens with every brand, and granted most here will say their truck is perfect, this must be "fake news" or maybe an anomaly or just plain bad luck. Well, it sucks when it finally does happen and you're the victim, my heart goes out to you and hope you get it resolved to your satisfaction. Nothing sickens the stomach like peeling out piles of hard earned cash for a bucket of lemons.
Totally agree. Its sad when you get people who assume no one else could possibly have an issue with their vehicle simply because they dont and they label them a troll. Look through this forum and tell me if there is a single page that doesnt have multiple legitimite issues listed. Are all those people trolls?
When you sell millions of vehicles you are bound to have hundreds of thousands of issues, big and small. When you create a community where all those people come together theres gonna be a concentration of good and bad experiences. Its like a doctor thinking everyone in the world is sick simply because every patient he sees is. At the same time we all have to be honest with our selves about our vehicles. Although the '17 is a big improvement and Ford has made some good improvements on the 6.7 over the years, it is in no way bullet proof. There is plenty of room for improvement. Its up to us as consumers to decide what we are willing to pay for and deal with. There are only a few vehicles on the road I would dare call bullet proof but unfortunately those vehicles cant do what I need them to do so I dont own one.
If you are one of the lucky ones who considers their truck bullet proof, then sleep well tonight cause there are plenty others who are laying in bed hoping theirs starts tomorrow.
The best thing we can do is try supporting those who are struggling(as the majority of the people on here do) and not try to alienate.

Old 12-23-2017, 09:14 PM
loggerkev
New User
i definitely dont wanna say its so much the truck fault lemons do happen but how i got treated by both caribou ford and ford themselves is wear the problem was if they would of given me a rental truck for the 10 weeks down id be allot more happy, if the first time i took it to the dealer said there was a problem and they didn't say i was a lire and making up things id been happy its all how they delt with the problem.
Ford right now is screaming for customers that what i was told yesterday.
on the other note i am very happy with the 2016 F350 platinum i chose the 2016 over a new 2017 for price and already owned a 2008 2009 2014 super duty never a single issue i decided the older body style was the most reliable since its not the first year on the lot. the fact i owe less now to is great.

Old 12-23-2017, 09:23 PM
xxxsherpa
Fleet Mechanic
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I think you made a good choice Kev!

Old 12-24-2017, 09:59 PM
loggerkev
New User
thanks everyone
very happy with this truck 4wd works traction control works and shuts off properly more power than the 17 i had.
-the 4wd issue was explained that on my 17 the speed sensor keep saying the front wheel are at a different speed than rear which is why it kept disengaging the front axle.
-traction control would not work when the truck went in but when i first got the truck normally with my other ford in 4wd it shuts off in the 17 it would allays kick in and stop the front axle.
the 2017 xlt i test drove in the snow i could not make do any of this im 100 percent it was a issue in the truck. how the mechanics told me is everything linked together one sensor screws up it mess up the entire system engine 4wd adaptive steering traction control i dont know what to say to this but glad its over for me someone else headache.

Old 12-26-2017, 02:11 PM
tony m 6.7
Elder User
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Found a very small coolant leak, bad freeze plug is the culprit. Getting repaired as we speak.

Old 12-26-2017, 07:52 PM
Dan B.
Mountain Pass
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Remmy
Smells like a Troll....but I've been wrong before ;-)
Yeah, but maybe not wrong about this...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone having problem with the new trucks