Anyone having problem with the new trucks - Page 4 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone having problem with the new trucks

Old Yesterday, 12:40 PM
Senior User

Buliwyf is starting off with a positive reputation.
Reading the OP. It sounds like the normal varible steering problem. And a bunch of techs that don't know how to fix it. Or fixed it with parts from the same bad batch.

The rest just sounds like sensational nothings. Going full drama lama at a dealer is bad mojo.
Old Yesterday, 02:37 PM
Junior User

svtride is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelinadc View Post
Wow! I have a CC Premium XLT - zero issues at nearly 10k. Seems very odd the computer was not fully programmed AND it left the factory that way.... I cant believe Ford doesn't check the software install before it leaves the factory. Something is not right here...
Ford KTP checks the SW flashes multiple times in their EOL and pre-ship process. Actually, computers check the SW flashes, and there is no human judgement on pass fail criteria. No way truck gets out of plant with "partial" SW load.
Old Yesterday, 05:39 PM
Senior User

CRSFX4 is starting off with a positive reputation.
The part that makes no sense is the computer not having software installed for a factory option (adaptive steering).......never heard of anything like that.

Also agree that the "I paid $$$$ for this and it shouldn't happen" is as weak an argument as you can have. Plenty of Lexus, BMW, Mercedes owners have had lemon cars.......I bet you could find a Bugatti Veyron customer, or 2 that had issues with their $1 Million+ cars.....plus, throwing a fit in a dealership is a complete waste of time and will never, ever resolve anything.
Old Yesterday, 06:21 PM
Senior User

Buliwyf is starting off with a positive reputation.
Might just be a bad Ford ECM. Or the tech has a crappy computer and just plain messed up or misunderstood something. Or deleted it while trying to fix it. Techs say stupid things. That's why they don't do the weather on TV.
Old Yesterday, 09:54 PM
Freshman User

TxHeat is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by loggerkev View Post
Back to the drawing bord hear steering screwed up all over guess it will be another 9 weeks with out a truck. i'm considering trading in for something without adaptive steering. seems like its the gear and motor in steering wheel causing my grief. gonna start looking around ford has only offer to fix it and not just swap out to a new truck.
You said your steering was screwed up. Did it happen to make noise when you turned it significantly to the left or right? Iíve noticed a weird noise when I turn the steering wheel hard.