2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

New amp and audio interface choices

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2017, 07:40 PM
FOUNTAIN 1
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GABAR
I`d say whoever installed the PAC unit in your vehicle and couldn`t get any of the SYNC features you mentioned to work either didn`t know what they were doing or they just wanted to sell you the DSR1 because it sounds like they don`t carry the PAC interface.

If your Ford vehicle is "NOT" equipped with the Premium Sony system, the PAC AmpPro will not work. It`s only for the Sony Premium System.
it actually was installed ,and failed completely , I made them use dsr 1 and everything worked as it should . afterwords . but maybe they didn't know what they were doing . I really wasn't that impressed with the install . although ive read on another stereo thread that the dsr1 was also only option to retain all factory functions . hmmmm

Old 12-11-2017, 08:38 PM
hansenlink
Senior User
Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts
I am following up after having the PAC installed along with a Kicker KX400 Amp. The staging and clarity is awesome! I could not be happier. With out a doubt the best sounding system I have had in a vehicle. I have spent more in the past with results not as good. Still have all of my features and chimes. Again, words cannot describe the grin on my face when listening to this setup!

Old 12-12-2017, 08:11 AM
GABAR
Lead Driver
Received 236 Likes on 184 Posts
Originally Posted by FOUNTAIN 1
it actually was installed ,and failed completely , I made them use dsr 1 and everything worked as it should . afterwords . but maybe they didn't know what they were doing . I really wasn't that impressed with the install . although ive read on another stereo thread that the dsr1 was also only option to retain all factory functions . hmmmm
Ahh okay, Totally understandable.

I`m with you when you said "hmmm" regarding what other stereo threads said
about the DSR1 being the only option to retain all factory functions because it`s just not true.

Glad to hear that your system is working well for you.

Old 12-12-2017, 09:37 AM
pickerdd
Tuned
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by hansenlink
I am following up after having the PAC installed along with a Kicker KX400 Amp. The staging and clarity is awesome! I could not be happier. With out a doubt the best sounding system I have had in a vehicle. I have spent more in the past with results not as good. Still have all of my features and chimes. Again, words cannot describe the grin on my face when listening to this setup!
Thanks for responding back with the results! That's great to hear.

Old 12-14-2017, 10:04 AM
krukedways
New User
Good reading for sure. I've been actively researching systems for my F350 WITH Sony premium sound. I can honestly say that I'm not the least be impressed with the premium sound. Even my 14 year old son said it sounds like crap. I had a 2008 Dodge Ram Mega cab that I had (2) Memphis M5 12's, a Memphis 1500 amp, and two Memphis 250 amps for my highs. This system would pound! I would love to have a system that pounds in this truck, but am not finding a way it can be done. Would be cool to do something with (6) eights or (4) 10's. Just not seeing that happening.

I've been eyeballing that DSR1, but have hear both negative and positive feedback. A shop here in town wants to charge $3,900.00 to build a box, installed from and rear speakers, utilize my 1500 amp and my 2 highs amp. For sure that seems redonkulous.

I'm more than capable of doing something myself, if I had some direction and where to look.

Old 12-14-2017, 03:02 PM
TheLex
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by krukedways
Good reading for sure. I've been actively researching systems for my F350 WITH Sony premium sound. I can honestly say that I'm not the least be impressed with the premium sound. Even my 14 year old son said it sounds like crap. I had a 2008 Dodge Ram Mega cab that I had (2) Memphis M5 12's, a Memphis 1500 amp, and two Memphis 250 amps for my highs. This system would pound! I would love to have a system that pounds in this truck, but am not finding a way it can be done. Would be cool to do something with (6) eights or (4) 10's. Just not seeing that happening.

I've been eyeballing that DSR1, but have hear both negative and positive feedback. A shop here in town wants to charge $3,900.00 to build a box, installed from and rear speakers, utilize my 1500 amp and my 2 highs amp. For sure that seems redonkulous.

I'm more than capable of doing something myself, if I had some direction and where to look.
Here's what my plan for augmenting my OEM Sony system consists of so far:

Supercrew Sound has a prefab box that will fit behind the seat. They also sell an Image Dynamic driver with it. It's a decent price at $169. I can do all the terminals, wires, etc myself.

https://www.supercrewsound.com/product1389.html

I would then use either the Pac Amp Pro or the Fosgate DSR1 (more likely the DSR1).

After that it's simply a matter of replacing the stock speakers with the brand speakers of your choice.

Old 01-19-2018, 09:18 AM
tuclai
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by TheLex
Here's what my plan for augmenting my OEM Sony system consists of so far:

Supercrew Sound has a prefab box that will fit behind the seat. They also sell an Image Dynamic driver with it. It's a decent price at $169. I can do all the terminals, wires, etc myself.

https://www.supercrewsound.com/product1389.html

I would then use either the Pac Amp Pro or the Fosgate DSR1 (more likely the DSR1).

After that it's simply a matter of replacing the stock speakers with the brand speakers of your choice.
I read on this forum the supercrew box does not fit.

Old 01-19-2018, 10:14 AM
Kreep
Mountain Pass
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by tuclai

I guess my Web Ninja skills are not worthy, I can't find that post. Can you provide a link?

Old 01-19-2018, 07:18 PM
TheLex
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tuclai
The Supercrew box comes in two versions - one version has a single driver and the other has a dual drivers.

The single driver version is much easier to fit and supposedly even works with the underseat storage box in place with a very small modification.

This is according to the people who make the box.

Old 01-19-2018, 11:52 PM
FOUNTAIN 1
Elder User
For food for thought. I’ve spent 40 k in audio over the years . And I can say just spent measly 3500 on a system for the ranch. I’ve got four Jl digital amps. 1200 by 1 / 2 750s / and a 4 channel. I believe 75 by 4. In the closet. All amps just keep shutting down . Decided to just try something new. Dealer. Sold me a arc audio 1200 / 6. Some merel separates front and back , Rockford fosgate dsr 1 , and two ten inch tw3 slim lines subs I had. Unbelievable. I could not believe the amps power. And I swear to god. I’ve had the best of best in audio over the years. Buy this amp , it slams. . No need for twelves ect. Two tens. Rock like hell

Old 01-20-2018, 01:02 PM
pickerdd
Tuned
Thanks for the responses everyone! I finally have my choices for the audio upgrade locked in and purchased.

I'm using the following components:
JL HD900/5 amp
AudioControl DM-810 DSP for EQ and time alignment
JL shallow mount 10" sub ( a custom enclosure will be built)
Pac Audio AP4-FD11 Interface.

The front speakers are the Focal K2 165KR2 components and the rears are Focal PC130F coaxial speakers.

The JL amp should provide plenty of power to kick some butt. We'll dial the power amp down so as not to kill the Focal speakers.

The reason I went with the AudioControl DM-810 instead of the DM-603 is I want to eventually go to an 8 channel amp and have separate outs from the amp to the front tweets, front mid bass, rear coax's and the sub. The way I asked the installer to arrange the components should facilitate this upgrade in the future.

I'm using a local audio installer that does really fine work. I dropped off the truck yesterday and they will start the upgrade monday morning and It should be ready tuesday. I'll report back on Tuesday or wednesday after I pick up the truck.

Old 01-20-2018, 01:42 PM
GABAR
Lead Driver
Received 236 Likes on 184 Posts
Originally Posted by pickerdd
Thanks for the responses everyone! I finally have my choices for the audio upgrade locked in and purchased.

Im using the following components:
JL HD900/5 amp

The front speakers are the Focal K2 165KR2 components and the rears are Focal PC130F coaxial speakers.

The JL amp should provide plenty of power to kick some butt. We'll dial the power amp down so as not to kill the Focal speakers.

The reason I went with the AudioControl DM-810 instead of the DM-603 is I want to eventually go to an 8 channel amp and have separate outs from the amp to the front tweets, front mid bass, rear coax's and the sub. The way I asked the install to arrange the components should facilitate this upgrade in the future.

I'm using a local audio installer that does really fine work. I dropped off the truck yesterday and they will start the upgrade monday morning and It should be ready tuesday. I'll report back on Tuesday or wednesday after I pick up the truck.
Cool.

Can`t wait to see some pics, if you post any, and hear your opinion on the outcome on your system.

Very cool of PAC to come out with the new AMP PRO for the 2007-2014 Ford and Lincoln vehicles.

Enjoy the remainder of your weekend.

Old 01-29-2018, 02:37 PM
tuclai
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by TheLex
The Supercrew box comes in two versions - one version has a single driver and the other has a dual drivers.

The single driver version is much easier to fit and supposedly even works with the underseat storage box in place with a very small modification.

This is according to the people who make the box.
My bad, I was talking about the super crew mounted back of the back seat. Not sure about the under seat one.

Old 01-29-2018, 05:21 PM
SloScooter
Senior User
Originally Posted by pickerdd

I'm using the following components:
JL HD900/5 amp

The reason I went with the AudioControl DM-810 instead of the DM-603 is I want to eventually go to an 8 channel amp and have separate outs from the amp to the front tweets, front mid bass, rear coax's and the sub. The way I asked the installer to arrange the components should facilitate this upgrade in the future.

All that equipment is great but I didn't see any talk about sealing your doors or sound deadening the truck. Do you plan on sealing your doors? It would really compliment and improve the system.

Old 01-29-2018, 05:58 PM
pickerdd
Tuned
I installed sound deadening material 5 or 6 months ago when i originally installed the front and rear speakers. I had hoped new speakers would work for me, but I was already down the rabbit hole...

Dynamat completely covers the inner door skins (where the speakers are installed) and I installed Dynaliner on as much of the outer door skins as I could reach. The door deadening really helped with the road noise in the truck. It was expensive, but IMO well worth the $$$'s I spent on door deadening material.

Quick Reply: New amp and audio interface choices