Seat Heater - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Escape & Escape Hybrid Ford Escape, Ford Escape Hybrid, Mercury Mariner, Mazda Tribute

Seat Heater

Old 12-04-2017, 03:36 AM
Junior User

Suprawill1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Seat Heater

Hi All,
Has anyone replaced the OEM heaters with aftermarket? Any problems aside of probable connector mismatch?
Thanks.

Will

Suprawill1 Posts: 136E-C LEVEL 2Congratulations on reaching 100 posts!Joined: December 11th, 2013, 10:13 pmMy nickname: Suprawill1My vehicle: '05 Escape Limited
Old 12-04-2017, 06:44 PM
Elder User

scott91370 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.scott91370 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I never had to replace mine but as far as the connector the new set should come with the end attached to the heater and the part that comes the electrical side. These will connect with the connector you mention. I mention all this for so,some who maybe hasn't ever done anything like this before, may e make it easier.
What I would do is leave the factory connector in tact but cut it as close to the original seat heater as possible then wire in the replacement part to that. This way the harness on both sides are still connected and if you ever want to go back to a factory it's sim atill,plug anemic play.
Old 12-04-2017, 07:02 PM
Junior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott91370 View Post
I never had to replace mine but as far as the connector the new set should come with the end attached to the heater and the part that comes the electrical side. These will connect with the connector you mention. I mention all this for so,some who maybe hasn't ever done anything like this before, may e make it easier.
What I would do is leave the factory connector in tact but cut it as close to the original seat heater as possible then wire in the replacement part to that. This way the harness on both sides are still connected and if you ever want to go back to a factory it's sim atill,plug anemic play.
Thanks for the hit Scott91370. That's my plan exactly if the universal connector doesn't fit directly. Another concern is that most of these new heaters come with a whole new harness system with a hi and lo switch setting. If I connect the pads like we discussed, the OEM system which is just an on/off system will probably default to the hi setting and that may be too hot for continuous use.
Old 12-05-2017, 06:52 PM
Elder User

scott91370 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.scott91370 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Good point. I guess it's a try and see with a maybe having to cut the factory harness. Bummer!
Old 12-06-2017, 01:08 AM
Junior User

Yes sir. Trial and error.

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums >