2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

FORSCAN for hire?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2017, 07:38 PM
roadpilot
Laughing Gas
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by bushpilot
what part of I myself am willing to help anyone here (for free) did you not understand?
Perhaps it was when you said this: "but don't expect to benefit from my investment for free." Yea, that. IMHO, that's a **** poor attitude to have when you, I and many others benefit from other people's knowledge and experience without paying a dime for it.

and btw...while the donation of blood is giving from the heart (for free) - BLOOD isn't free - hospitals charge (significantly) charge for it.
The hospitals wouldn't have a single drop of blood to charge for if a generous person did not first donate it. You do know that the word 'donate' means, right?

Old 11-28-2017, 07:58 PM
snow_knight
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would also do this if anybody is in the midwest.. (i'm western SD/eastern WY)

I want to try Forscan but just know i will screw something up :haha:

Old 11-29-2017, 05:16 AM
~erik~
Tuned
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by snow_knight
I would also do this if anybody is in the midwest.. (i'm western SD/eastern WY)

I want to try Forscan but just know i will screw something up :haha:
I'm sure there are ways to screw it up, but if you're careful it should go well. I had no problems.

That does bring up an possible dilemma - what if you volunteer to help someone and you screw up their truck? Or what if the person you've gone to help didn't bother to procure a USB drive to load the original settings onto and you didn't bring one? Do you proceed with making changes anyway?

I suppose ethical questions like that are getting in the way from me raising my hands and volunteering to do the Forscan stuff for a future friend. However if my son asked me I'd have no problem doing it. He can forgive his old dad.

Old 11-29-2017, 08:05 AM
srkr
Cargo Master
Received 440 Likes on 192 Posts
I have two memebers here reach out to me and am very greatful, looks,like I might be getting this done this weekend.

This is an awesome place and am very greatful for nice people who just want to help someone out.

Good people out there. I hope to return the favor some day to a fellow member here as well.

Respectfully,
Shane

The following users liked this post:
ERE
Old 11-29-2017, 10:54 AM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by ~erik~
I'm sure there are ways to screw it up, but if you're careful it should go well. I had no problems.

That does bring up an possible dilemma - what if you volunteer to help someone and you screw up their truck? Or what if the person you've gone to help didn't bother to procure a USB drive to load the original settings onto and you didn't bring one? Do you proceed with making changes anyway?

I suppose ethical questions like that are getting in the way from me raising my hands and volunteering to do the Forscan stuff for a future friend. However if my son asked me I'd have no problem doing it. He can forgive his old dad.
It's impossible to screw up if you make backups first. If there is a problem, you just restore back to OEM settings. You can always email the backup files if a thumb drive is not available.

Also, I've always asked the truck owner to actually make the change. I provide the laptop, the OBDII connector and tutoring. This saves a couple of steps not having to install FORScan on their equipment and trouble shoot problems there. If in some weird circumstance someone would have a problem and blame me for it, I can always default to the fact that I didn't actually make the change, they did. Just keep your fingers off the keyboard and it would be hard to make a case that you caused the problem. You can also make sure you have them read the disclaimer on the spreadsheet that absolves you of responsibility.

Sad that we have to consider these things but I'm afraid he have to nowadays. You can't always know when you're dealing with a Weirdy right away. You just need to make reasonable accommodations to CYA and go about enjoying life. Some of the greatest enjoyment comes from helping others.

Old 11-29-2017, 11:06 AM
ELJ1st500
New User
Denver Area?

Hello Everyone,

Is anyone available to do/help with FORSCAN in the Denver area? Please let me know.

Thanks,
Eric

Old 11-29-2017, 02:57 PM
roadpilot
Laughing Gas
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by EpicCowlick
It's impossible to screw up if you make backups first.
Momma always not to use the words 'never' or 'always' ...

Old 01-16-2018, 10:23 AM
Dockmaster1
Senior User
Anyone in the Portland Oregon metro area with FORSCAN knowledge and equipment to make a few changes? Happy to pay or barter for the effort!

Old 01-16-2018, 12:23 PM
Top_Speed1
Posting Guru
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I will add, if you get an update to your module(s) like I did during my last dealer visit... as I wanted him to initiate the DPF% screen, all my custom set line codes were reset back to OEM defaults. Also, my DEF screen that I setup in the top right (like instead of Turbo PSI) was back to default. I had to reset all my custom settings.

So just a thought, if you FORScan, don't think that you won't have to re-do it later on if you get re-flashed at you dealer.

Old 01-16-2018, 12:49 PM
Top_Speed1
Posting Guru
I will re-FORScan as I will not be liking the double horn honking. Makes very unhappy neighbors at early morning campsite evac's.

Anybody in my area, I will help out with this but I may do like Epic, tell you what to click and key-in, as this more or less takes liability over to them. Oh, no charge either, just happy to help our community.

Old 01-16-2018, 12:50 PM
Dockmaster1
Senior User
Originally Posted by Top_Speed1
I will add, if you get an update to your module(s) like I did during my last dealer visit... as I wanted him to initiate the DPF% screen, all my custom set line codes were reset back to OEM defaults. Also, my DEF screen that I setup in the top right (like instead of Turbo PSI) was back to default. I had to reset all my custom settings.

So just a thought, if you FORScan, don't think that you won't have to re-do it later on if you get re-flashed at you dealer.
Good information to have. Sucks to hear but good to know. Do you simply save a file of your changes that you can upload again or do you have to make the individual changes each time?

Old 01-16-2018, 12:55 PM
Top_Speed1
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Dockmaster1
Good information to have. Sucks to hear but good to know. Do you simply save a file of your changes that you can upload again or do you have to make the individual changes each time?
I will just go in and find the line and make the change within that module. I actually wrote all the numbers/letters down pre and post. It's actually very easy Hex code, just go slow and re-read/write down all your OEM lines and post/altered lines. I keep this note in my glovebox.

Old 01-16-2018, 01:00 PM
BigSpenda864
Mountain Pass
I plan on making some adjustments as well. I am planning on getting the equipment to do it myself. However, I would feel much more comfortable having the assistance of someone with prior knowledge of the subject. Anyone in South Carolina? I'm in the Upstate but travel around SC and western NC a good bit. Then, once I know what I am doing, I will offer my help to others. On the other hand, if anyone has no clue like me and wants to mess their trucks up together, let me know. I'd be way more confident with someone their egging me on.

Old 01-16-2018, 01:07 PM
Top_Speed1
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Dockmaster1
Adding in how easy it is.

(i.e) High Beams on with Fogs LED users (Bambi mode). Halogen is different!, but all noted on the FORScan spreadsheet.

In the BdySM module; 726-27-01 you find this feature (again for LED owners). You simply change (only) one character place (out of the 12 characters listed), from "1" (Default=no in this case) to a "0" (on). Sometimes it's revered around too. You have to adhere and go by the newest FS spreadsheet.

So the above example would be simply ???? ???1 ???? to-> ???? ???0 ????

But, write down the entire old hex code, I then underline the changed character and make a note to what it was changed to. Yep, old fashioned paper and pencil works for me.

Pretty easy, I'd say getting your OBDII and computer setup and talking is much more the task.

Old 01-16-2018, 03:32 PM
ravill
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I’m in Redwood City and I just bought that Bluetooth obd plug. I have boot camp on one of my laptops and I’m just gonna learn.

I can’t believe we don’t have a single member here in the middle of Silicon Valley!

Quick Reply: FORSCAN for hire?