Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Wheel opinions please

Old 11-22-2017, 01:18 PM
JPMallory
Elder User
JPMallory has a great reputation on FTE.JPMallory has a great reputation on FTE.JPMallory has a great reputation on FTE.JPMallory has a great reputation on FTE.JPMallory has a great reputation on FTE.
Right now I'd say the flat red goes with it best.

Old 11-22-2017, 01:39 PM
Gicknordon
Posting Guru
Gicknordon is a splendid one to beholdGicknordon is a splendid one to beholdGicknordon is a splendid one to beholdGicknordon is a splendid one to beholdGicknordon is a splendid one to beholdGicknordon is a splendid one to beholdGicknordon is a splendid one to beholdGicknordon is a splendid one to behold
Any body good enough with photoshop to do the gold on the wheels? I had someone from the hamb do these ones.

Old 11-22-2017, 05:36 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.
If bobj49F2 reads this he might be able to help you out. He's pretty good at manipulating pics

Bobby

Old 11-22-2017, 09:15 PM
1952 Ford Coe
Senior User
1952 Ford Coe has a great reputation on FTE.1952 Ford Coe has a great reputation on FTE.1952 Ford Coe has a great reputation on FTE.1952 Ford Coe has a great reputation on FTE.1952 Ford Coe has a great reputation on FTE.
My opinion is gloss black. But then I would white wall the tires.

Old 11-23-2017, 01:16 AM
jimcar-9
Posting Guru
jimcar-9 has a very good reputation on FTE.jimcar-9 has a very good reputation on FTE.jimcar-9 has a very good reputation on FTE.
I vote for gloss black, it breaks of, to the rest of the truck!!

Old 11-23-2017, 07:04 AM
GJCAT
Senior User
GJCAT is starting off with a positive reputation.
Flat red for now change them when its bright red. On the other hand my 56 is bright red and I painted my wheels and the grill a Harley steel gray metallic. I also have trim rings and the stainless hub caps. It looks fine and loots of people comment me on the color scheme.

Old 11-23-2017, 08:46 AM
tip49
Posting Guru
tip49 has much to be proud oftip49 has much to be proud oftip49 has much to be proud oftip49 has much to be proud oftip49 has much to be proud oftip49 has much to be proud oftip49 has much to be proud oftip49 has much to be proud of
Bright Red

Bright Red, IMHO ....Nuff said

Old 12-01-2017, 06:19 AM
Gicknordon
Posting Guru
Gicknordon is a splendid one to beholdGicknordon is a splendid one to beholdGicknordon is a splendid one to beholdGicknordon is a splendid one to beholdGicknordon is a splendid one to beholdGicknordon is a splendid one to beholdGicknordon is a splendid one to beholdGicknordon is a splendid one to behold
Wheels amd tires came in the other day. Going to paint them on sunday. I let the pictures of them mounted shoe you guys what color im gonna go with.

Old 12-01-2017, 08:36 AM
yamagrant
Post Fiend
yamagrant has a superb reputationyamagrant has a superb reputationyamagrant has a superb reputationyamagrant has a superb reputationyamagrant has a superb reputationyamagrant has a superb reputationyamagrant has a superb reputationyamagrant has a superb reputationyamagrant has a superb reputationyamagrant has a superb reputationyamagrant has a superb reputation
Gloss Red, is my vote!

Old 12-08-2017, 07:55 PM
Gicknordon
Posting Guru
So i went with flat red. Its the same color I painted the firewall, and was originally gonna do the whole truck in. This really adds to the look of the truck!

Old 12-08-2017, 08:38 PM
dcavan001
Senior User
dcavan001 has a great reputation on FTE.dcavan001 has a great reputation on FTE.dcavan001 has a great reputation on FTE.dcavan001 has a great reputation on FTE.dcavan001 has a great reputation on FTE.dcavan001 has a great reputation on FTE.
Well, I like it. But I was one of the guys recommending it, so I’d better like it! It does look good on that truck as you have it now. Those wheels and tires will last a long time, I expect.

Old 12-08-2017, 11:32 PM
Moe Craig
Postmaster
Moe Craig has a great reputation on FTE.Moe Craig has a great reputation on FTE.Moe Craig has a great reputation on FTE.Moe Craig has a great reputation on FTE.Moe Craig has a great reputation on FTE.Moe Craig has a great reputation on FTE.
Truck looks! Great info on the tire and wheels your using?

Old 12-09-2017, 01:09 PM
Gicknordon
Posting Guru
wheels are steel solids from coker. I think they are the same thing most of the wheel places are selling as solid wheels. Rears are 15x10 with a 5inch back space and fronts are 15x7 with a 4.25 inch back space. rear tires are BF goodrich silvertown radials in 285 70 15. They have the same tread pattern as radial T/As, but in much bigger sizes. Fronts are Radial T/As in 215 70 15

Old 12-09-2017, 02:08 PM
1952 Ford Coe
Senior User
1952 Ford Coe has a great reputation on FTE.1952 Ford Coe has a great reputation on FTE.1952 Ford Coe has a great reputation on FTE.1952 Ford Coe has a great reputation on FTE.1952 Ford Coe has a great reputation on FTE.
Truck looks great. And a good looking stance too

Old 12-09-2017, 03:32 PM
pintoplumber
Elder User
pintoplumber is a splendid one to beholdpintoplumber is a splendid one to beholdpintoplumber is a splendid one to beholdpintoplumber is a splendid one to beholdpintoplumber is a splendid one to beholdpintoplumber is a splendid one to beholdpintoplumber is a splendid one to behold
Nick, how tall is the rear tire? Dennis

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wheel opinions please

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.