1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Coffee with your F1

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2017, 07:38 AM
48 Steel
Laughing Gas
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
Coffee with your F1

I had to share this with FTE and the coffee is great.

Attached Images  
Old 11-18-2017, 07:59 AM
Gertie-The '49 F2
More Turbo
Received 14 Likes on 1 Post
I had to Google them, and sure enough, they have a '49-50 Ford F-1 on every bag. Kinda neat, will have to order a couple bags.

Old 11-18-2017, 08:39 AM
48 Steel
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by Gertie-The '49 F2
I had to Google them, and sure enough, they have a '49-50 Ford F-1 on every bag. Kinda neat, will have to order a couple bags.
Some of the Costco stores carry it. It is the best in my opinion.

Old 11-18-2017, 01:12 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,059 Likes on 804 Posts
My wife works at the local Costco and doesn't think they sell the brand but she's going to check this afternoon when she goes to work. According to the Pinon website Trader Joes in our area sells their products, I'll have to check them out when I get a chance.

They also have a T-shirt and magnet on their website with the truck on it.

https://nmpinoncoffee.com/products?by=food_and_gifts

I'll have to get a bag of coffee and magnet to go with my other Ford truck stuff on my shelf

And a T-shirt to go with my other Ford truck shirts

I do have to say I'm rather disappointed in FTE member Ross and Bobby T for not informing us sooner of these products and having to rely on someone from another state to bring us this information. Pinon Coffee is practically in their back yard, or front yard, whichever way you want to look at it. Very disappointing We need each other to help feed our addiction on all things old Ford truck related. I can kind of understand Ross, he probably doesn't want to promote anything with the beautiful Monkey Face, but Bobby, there's no excuse.

Old 11-18-2017, 03:11 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 607 Likes on 377 Posts
Never saw those before, Bob. That outfit is down in the foo-foo yuppie neighborhoods. Roasted shelled pinon nuts are $20+/lb. Not exactly snack food.

Remember a few years ago, Hills Bros. had a steel "holiday" can, covered with plastic shrink wrap label, with a very nice picture of a monkey-face crossing a wooden bridge under the plastic? I can't find the picture now, but I wonder if they are doing that this year too?

Old 11-18-2017, 03:32 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Ross, yeah, I figured they were yuppie when I saw Trader Joes sells their product. Never been in a Trader Joes but I've heard about them.

I assume you're referring to this coffee can. I doubt they'll redo it for another year. Some time ago some kind of whiskey or brandy had billboards around town at Christmas time. Really nice image of an old Ford driving up to a country store in a snow storm. I saw the boards 2-3 times but couldn't remember whose they were. I really wanted to get the image.

Old 11-18-2017, 03:50 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
That's the one! I think I gave mine to either BobbyT or Doc. I washed parts in it for a couple of years before the plastic came off and I realized what I had.

Old 11-18-2017, 04:05 PM
EffieTrucker
Phantom of the Phorum

Received 859 Likes on 458 Posts
Have you guys ever just done a search for "Ford Trucks" in different areas of eBay?

In the clothing area you come up with things like this:

Attached Images  
Old 11-18-2017, 05:16 PM
48 Steel
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by bobj49f2
My wife works at the local Costco and doesn't think they sell the brand but she's going to check this afternoon when she goes to work. According to the Pinon website Trader Joes in our area sells their products, I'll have to check them out when I get a chance.

They also have a T-shirt and magnet on their website with the truck on it.

https://nmpinoncoffee.com/products?by=food_and_gifts

I'll have to get a bag of coffee and magnet to go with my other Ford truck stuff on my shelf

And a T-shirt to go with my other Ford truck shirts

I do have to say I'm rather disappointed in FTE member Ross and Bobby T for not informing us sooner of these products and having to rely on someone from another state to bring us this information. Pinon Coffee is practically in their back yard, or front yard, whichever way you want to look at it. Very disappointing We need each other to help feed our addiction on all things old Ford truck related. I can kind of understand Ross, he probably doesn't want to promote anything with the beautiful Monkey Face, but Bobby, there's no excuse.
I had to go to Trader Joes to get my fix last Spring in AZ. They only had it ground, in a container. I checked Costco in MESA and they didn't have it either. Now I stock up from Colorado and carry my stash down to AZ.

Old 11-18-2017, 05:38 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,836 Likes on 1,835 Posts
Originally Posted by bobj49f2

LOL!

Hmmm, let me see...
...someone else disappointed in me...
The line forms on the left, go ahead and get on in the line with the rest of 'em.

I'll have to try and remember to dig up and take a picture an old Budweiser shirt that I have, it features a beautiful monkey face truck and some dalmations.

Ross is right, pinions are like gold around here.

Bobby

Old 11-18-2017, 10:36 PM
Carbonarc
Mountain Pass

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Last year we had a bag of their coffee. Found the taste not to our liking in espresso. To each his own.

Old 11-19-2017, 11:32 AM
petemcl
Still Learnin'
Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
Well we will try it. I just ordered some too.

Old 11-19-2017, 12:29 PM
Gertie-The '49 F2
More Turbo
Received 14 Likes on 1 Post
Just ordered me a couple bags of the stuff in French Vanilla, bean style. Will run it through the grinder and the French press and see how it tastes.

If nothing else, it certainly goes well with Gertie.

Old 12-29-2017, 04:25 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
My buddy Bobby T has come through for me, I now have two 12 oz bags of Pinon coffee to flank my truck shelf. I don't drink coffee so they'll be there just like the wine and beer bottles, just for looks.

Thanks Bobby, if you're ever up this way again we'll break open a bag and brew a couple of cups.

Old 12-29-2017, 06:28 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Bob, put the coffee in something else, and refill the bag with sand or pea gravel. No one will be wiser and you can enjoy a hot cup of Pinon coffee!

Now we need to set you up with some Hatch green chile...

Quick Reply: Coffee with your F1