'07 axles under the '01 Excursion - Conversion Thread - Page 28 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Reload this Page >

'07 axles under the '01 Excursion - Conversion Thread

Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'07 axles under the '01 Excursion - Conversion Thread

Old 07-10-2018, 10:06 PM
Haulinbass02
Junior User
Haulinbass02 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I want to run 37s on it so yeah I need the extra couple of inches of lift.
Rear springs are needed for lift purposes I assume? I was planning on modded B-codes anyway so I guess that is a given. Iíll make sure the brake cables etc are with the axle.
I am still learning about my Ex, so with the 6.0 do I have Hydroboost for brakes and steering already? I know there is a vacuum pump on the truck for other stuff so surely it isnít used for the brake assist too? Reason asking is because Iíve seen guys talking about swapping it in with the other front end parts etc etc so making sure that doesnít need to be on my list as well....

Old 07-11-2018, 11:04 PM
Nicmike
Veteran Sheepdog
Nicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputation
Your 6.0 has a hydroboost. You still need the bigger master cylinder to power the bigger brake calipers. It is a pretty easy task to get it in there. I wrote detailed instructions with pics in this thread.

F code springs are very comparable to the older B codes in case you run into the different rear leaf letters on the newer trucks.

Old 07-12-2018, 10:56 AM
Ryanpaquette
New User
Ryanpaquette is starting off with a positive reputation.
+1 on the PMF brackets. All hardware is included too. Worth the extra money especially if your lifting it beyond stock.

Old 07-12-2018, 12:57 PM
The Guy
Freshman User
The Guy is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by Ryanpaquette View Post
+1 on the PMF brackets. All hardware is included too. Worth the extra money especially if your lifting it beyond stock.
In most cases... I ordered custom brackets (no frame holes except for the hot rivet hole) and didn't get any hardware. It was great that that made me custom brackets, but a real bummer they didn't see the need to include the hardware. Too bad they don't make a 99-04 version of the brackets where the frame holes line up correctly.