Looking for recommendations on two dog accessories - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for recommendations on two dog accessories

Old 11-14-2017, 09:32 PM
Freshman User

Mike5737 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Looking for recommendations on two dog accessories

I have 2018 450 on order and I am looking for advice/recommendations on these two items...

1) Dog bridge. I am in a 2011 450 now and I made up a dog bridge by upholstering plywood and using straps around the headrest. It has worked out very well but new truck..new stuff. I can make up a new one but I am wondering if you have found one you like. I am thinking a bridge and seatcover combo would be nice. I have looked at the dog hammocks but Murphy likes to look out the windshield from between the front seats and a hammock does not give the support to sit-up that a bridge does. Got a good one?

2) Dog ramp. The seats are high on the 2011 and I believe the 2018 will be even higher. Jumping in and out is putting stress on his joints and lifting him in and out puts stress on mine! I would like a ramp that would reach to the seat as the bridge blocks movement from the floor up to the seat. I need something easy to handle, storing. Do the doors open out enough to get a ramp access 90 degrees to the seat? Whatcha got?

thanks

m
Old 11-14-2017, 09:39 PM
Powerstroke User

TufLuk13 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'm not sure what you mean but dog bridge but it sounds like you may be thinking of this?

Amazon Amazon

I have two of them so my dogs both have something sturdy to lay on. I got this seat cover as well. I couldn't be happier with the set up.

Amazon Amazon
Old 11-14-2017, 09:51 PM
Freshman User

Xsuperdutyfan is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Testing one now if it works out will let you know.
Old 11-15-2017, 01:08 AM
Postmaster

wb6anp has a very good reputation on FTE.wb6anp has a very good reputation on FTE.wb6anp has a very good reputation on FTE.wb6anp has a very good reputation on FTE.
I like both of those as well but the seat cover doesnt appear to have slots for the seat belts, I have to harness my 2 labs in seat belts to keep them from trying to climb into the front seat and our laps. They are 76 lbs but still think they are lap dogs.
Old 11-15-2017, 08:39 AM
Freshman User

vtfireftr is starting off with a positive reputation.
Don't all Labs think they are lap dogs?
Old 11-15-2017, 08:41 AM
Freshman User

vtfireftr is starting off with a positive reputation.
Sorry about the double post. Ok the Jack Russell is a lap dog.
Attached Images

Old 11-15-2017, 09:00 AM
New User

desmo21 is starting off with a positive reputation.

STYLE NO. 102304 Dog Seat CoverCOLOR: Carhartt Brown SIZE: OFA
QUANTITY:

Carhartt.com 105.99 with shipping

Last edited by desmo21; 11-15-2017 at 09:11 AM. Reason: mistake
Old 11-15-2017, 09:50 AM
Posting Guru

shortride has a good reputation on FTE.shortride has a good reputation on FTE.
I had this custom made for my two (2) Golden Retrievers. The material is the same for headliners. The rear part is contour fit over the folded up seats. The front has a 1 inch wooden dowel rod.

Old 11-15-2017, 10:22 AM
"Deeds not Words"

jimvan68 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Rear Seat Dog Cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike5737 View Post
I have 2018 450 on order and I am looking for advice/recommendations on these two items...

1) Dog bridge. I am in a 2011 450 now and I made up a dog bridge by upholstering plywood and using straps around the headrest. It has worked out very well but new truck..new stuff. I can make up a new one but I am wondering if you have found one you like. I am thinking a bridge and seatcover combo would be nice. I have looked at the dog hammocks but Murphy likes to look out the windshield from between the front seats and a hammock does not give the support to sit-up that a bridge does. Got a good one?
m

Bulldogology Premium Dog Car Seat Covers - Heavy Duty Durable Quality for Cars, Trucks, Vans and SUVs - Hammock Style, Non-Slip, Adjustable Straps, and Machine Washable

Here is the link.

Amazon Amazon

I would highly recommend this one. I have it in my 2017 F350 for my two dogs. It has option to unzip the hammock part for Murphy to see out the windshield. Went to California to the beach and it worked great for sand. It is water resistant and very durable. It also comes in 2 sizes. I purchased the x-large for my truck.

Jim
Old 11-15-2017, 12:28 PM
Powerstroke User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wb6anp View Post
I like both of those as well but the seat cover doesnt appear to have slots for the seat belts, I have to harness my 2 labs in seat belts to keep them from trying to climb into the front seat and our laps. They are 76 lbs but still think they are lap dogs.
It does not have those holes in place since the cover is waterproof. I have the seat belt harnesses too and have been trying to figure out the best way around that. The Cover does have a portion that sticks up to keep them from crawling forward. I guess it just depends on how persistent your pups are :-)
Attached Images

Old 11-16-2017, 08:31 PM
Freshman User

Mike5737 is starting off with a positive reputation.
TufLuk, This is what I describe as a bridge. It is a platform suspended from the front edge of the backseat to the back of the front. Straps are used from the headrest to support it. This configuration allows for storage under the platform. It is also safer for Murphy. In case of a quick stop he does not crash off the seat onto the floor.
I don't have human passengers back there often so I rarely have to remove it.
Would like to find something with this kind of support integrated into a seat cover. May have to make it up myself.
Haven't received any recommendations on ramps so I guess not many are used.

Old 11-16-2017, 08:52 PM
Powerstroke User

Mike, the seat cover I posted will support your pup just fine without the foam blocks underneath it. I used to have it set up that way in my old truck. It becomes like a hammock for them instead of a hard surface to lay on.
Old 11-16-2017, 08:58 PM
Postmaster

wb6anp has a very good reputation on FTE.wb6anp has a very good reputation on FTE.wb6anp has a very good reputation on FTE.wb6anp has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TufLuk13 View Post
It does not have those holes in place since the cover is waterproof. I have the seat belt harnesses too and have been trying to figure out the best way around that. The Cover does have a portion that sticks up to keep them from crawling forward. I guess it just depends on how persistent your pups are :-)
Hows this for persistence, Both dogs in harnesses and strapped in back seat, took wife to work walked her in to carry her book bag in for her, turned around and walked back out, about 5 minutes. My female lab somehow got out if the harness and into the front seat. Still haven't figured out how she got out of the harness.
Old 11-16-2017, 09:05 PM
Powerstroke User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wb6anp View Post
Hows this for persistence, Both dogs in harnesses and strapped in back seat, took wife to work walked her in to carry her book bag in for her, turned around and walked back out, about 5 minutes. My female lab somehow got out if the harness and into the front seat. Still haven't figured out how she got out of the harness.
LMAO That is hysterical. Dogs are incredibly smart. She probably figured out how to unbuckle the seat belt attachment or just squirmed around so much that she accidentally stepped on it and freed herself hahaha I'm very happy that I'm lucky and my dogs stay in the back seat even when I get out of the vehicle.
Old 11-16-2017, 09:21 PM
Postmaster

the harness was still buckled to the seat belt. she got out of the harness itself.