Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1023 diesel tuning

Old 11-23-2017, 02:17 PM
ExPACamper
Post Fiend
ExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant future
So I'm guessing our new friend in Alaska likely understands cold starts on our diesels.

Old 11-23-2017, 02:21 PM
Dusty.1023Diesel
New User
Dusty.1023Diesel is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
[SIZE="3"]Can you see Russia from there? [/SIZE]

Oh yeah! I swim over for Borshch and Coffee every morning

Old 11-23-2017, 04:05 PM
Bill Kay
Senior User
Bill Kay is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Bill Kay is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by ExPACamper View Post
So I'm guessing our new friend in Alaska likely understands cold starts on our diesels.
LOL. His no start file probably disables the GPR.
Happy Thanksgiving from the gulf coast everybody. Pulled the 5er down for the week. Truck did great!

Old 11-23-2017, 04:20 PM
Stebs
Elder User
Stebs has a great reputation on FTE.Stebs has a great reputation on FTE.Stebs has a great reputation on FTE.Stebs has a great reputation on FTE.Stebs has a great reputation on FTE.
I'm curious, does the tuning use linear throttle response or is it exaggerated(modified) like other tuners do to make it feel more powerful?

Old 11-23-2017, 05:28 PM
ExPACamper
Post Fiend
ExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Bill Kay View Post
LOL. His no start file probably disables the GPR.
Happy Thanksgiving from the gulf coast everybody. Pulled the 5er down for the week. Truck did great!
Haha. That's probably a great "security system" up there

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Old 11-23-2017, 06:43 PM
Sous
Post Fiend
Sous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant future
Dusty, one last question for you. Most of us were turned onto your tunes by them now being available from Clay on his RiffRaff Diesel site. If it does not delve too much into the business side of things, could you tell us how that came to be?

If it is prying too much or you would rather not say, that is fine too as we are all adults and understand.

Stay warm up there... I lived just north of Fairbanks for 6 years and will never go back in any season other than the summer.

Old 11-23-2017, 06:46 PM
Mdavidson1974
Junior User
Mdavidson1974 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Dusty.1023Diesel View Post
I am glad to see this!

I our goal is to build lenier, clean and economical files. Im happy to see that is the general outcome!
Iím running canned tunes from PHP also if I ever get this truck running again I will be purchasing a couple of your tunes after hearing the excellent comments!!

Old 11-23-2017, 07:09 PM
Jo7.3
Senior User
Jo7.3 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Stebs View Post
I'm curious, does the tuning use linear throttle response or is it exaggerated(modified) like other tuners do to make it feel more powerful?
The tuning did make the pedal touchier than stock. However, the canned PHP tunes offered a linear throttle, and I didn't like it at all. Granted the power delivery of the canned tunes was also pretty bad. But me personally, I prefer a little touchier throttle.

Old 11-23-2017, 11:42 PM
derek0525
Senior User
derek0525 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hmm just saw these tunes yesterday on Clays sight might have to try a few of them. How long does it take to get the files?

Old 11-24-2017, 07:24 AM
SRBF150
Elder User
SRBF150 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.SRBF150 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
It took about 2 days I recall. I'm very pleased with the tunes in my application and am surprised how well they work considering my experience with two other custom tune providers. I no longer need to consider live tuning. They offer the best driveability, idle, power, and are clean running. There is a significant difference between the tunes also which is different. I have Heavy Tow, Econo, Street Shredder, Cummins Killer.

Old 11-24-2017, 07:57 AM
derek0525
Senior User
derek0525 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I was gonna get the econo, street shredder and a tow tune not sure wich tow tune yet though.

Old 11-24-2017, 08:55 AM
andym
Post Fiend
andym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputation
I'll be ordering a few tunes in the next couple days as well. I've been wanting a good alternative to GH. Looks like Christmas came a little early this year

Old 11-24-2017, 09:03 AM
Jo7.3
Senior User
Jo7.3 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I think the tunes took 2 or 3 days to get to me, which isn't bad at all. I almost went with gearhead tunes, but I called and they said they don't tune the early 99 trucks. I didn't feel the need to get a newer pcm as mine was working fine, so I decided to try another tuner. I don't think you'll be disappointed with dusty's tunes.

Old 11-24-2017, 09:03 AM
SRBF150
Elder User
SRBF150 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.SRBF150 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I suggests always getting the heaviest tow tune available. It's more about capability of towing than how much power I can get towing in my mind. If you want more, use econo or a street tune.

Old 11-24-2017, 03:24 PM
brandon_oma#692
Posting Guru
brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.
I ordered a medium and light tow tune. For anyone with a zf6 keep in mind that sometimes the engine side of things is the same but the auto trans side is different between two different tunes.

Quote from Messenger conversation.

The ZF6 truck, I would just do the medium tow, and regulate the heat with the pedal, if that is an issue.

Heavy tow is not a lot more than stock power. Cleaned up some fuel limits and SOI but that's about it.

Medium tow has same SOI tables and the same power delivery up to 2k RPM where it has more fuel then heavy tow if you want it.

As for light tow, that and daily ECON are identical on a manual truck. On an auto its the same tune, with shift points setup for towing

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1023 diesel tuning

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.