Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1023 diesel tuning

Old 11-22-2017, 04:34 PM
Jo7.3
Senior User
Jo7.3 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I realized that I never touched on how much power the tunes have in my post where I described them. The daily economy tune has more power than the php 120 race file and the 140 extreme, and it burns way cleaner. All I got was a very slight haze of smoke at about 3/4 throttle. As for the street shredder tune (which I just tried out) it absolutely blows the php 120 race and 140 extreme out of the water. It also burns extremely clean and is very easy to daily drive. It will puff out a decent amount of smoke if you mash the throttle, but it's a more aggressive tune, I'd expect it to smoke.

I'm still surprised how much these tunes woke the truck up. It is an absolute blast to drive now.

Old 11-22-2017, 04:51 PM
Walleye Hunter
Postmaster
Walleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Jo7.3 View Post
I'm a tad confused. What exactly do you mean by graph it?
A scanner run, something like this.

Old 11-22-2017, 08:41 PM
white Buffalo
Post Fiend
white Buffalo has much to be proud ofwhite Buffalo has much to be proud ofwhite Buffalo has much to be proud ofwhite Buffalo has much to be proud ofwhite Buffalo has much to be proud ofwhite Buffalo has much to be proud ofwhite Buffalo has much to be proud ofwhite Buffalo has much to be proud ofwhite Buffalo has much to be proud ofwhite Buffalo has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
A scanner run, something like this.

there ya go! That's what I would like to see.

Old 11-22-2017, 08:42 PM
Sous
Post Fiend
Sous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant future
Jo7.3, good to hear that you like the 1023 method of doing things. Thanks for being one of the first testers of the newly offered tunes.

Old 11-22-2017, 11:13 PM
Dusty.1023Diesel
New User
Dusty.1023Diesel is starting off with a positive reputation.
Jo,

Im glad you like them!

Its always a pleasure to have a satisfied customer.

What you describe, is exactly how I like to do things!

Walley Hunter,

Is there something specific your looking for? I can load up AE for you and try and load some stuff here is there is something specific?

Sous,

Not 'new' per se.. I have hundreds and hundreds of trucks on the road, it just takes a long time to become a recognized name :P

I apologize if im replying wrong, i have not done much with forums.

I am extremely busy but i would love to chime in here if anyone ever has questions! The most difficult part of tuning is the lack of information available. That is also a good thing, as it gives a guy the ability to learn things their own way.

Anyway, im here to answer anything you have to ask. I love teaching when i can!

Old 11-23-2017, 06:15 AM
Walleye Hunter
Postmaster
Walleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Dusty.1023Diesel View Post
Walley Hunter,

Is there something specific your looking for? I can load up AE for you and try and load some stuff here is there is something specific?
Not at the moment, I was just showing Jo7.3 what I mean by graphing a run. I expect that I will need something in the future and I'm all eyes in the meantime.

Old 11-23-2017, 06:45 AM
Sous
Post Fiend
Sous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant future
Sous,

Not 'new' per se.. I have hundreds and hundreds of trucks on the road, it just takes a long time to become a recognized name :P

I am extremely busy but i would love to chime in here if anyone ever has questions! The most difficult part of tuning is the lack of information available. That is also a good thing, as it gives a guy the ability to learn things their own way.

Agreed, not new to the scene of tuning the 7.3, but new to us as an option among the "mainstream" tuners. We do appreciate what you have done so far and it seems like you are doing a great job.

GearHead used to be our "go to" commercial tuner, but it seems they have not been reliable as of late. I was lucky enough to get in when they were still in contact with their customers on a regular basis (via email and/or phone) and they nailed my tunes. Nothing complicated though, so that was to be expected.

Dusty, where are you located? Does not have to be anything specific, but a state would be good.

Happy Thanksgiving and keep up the good work.

Old 11-23-2017, 07:58 AM
helifixer
Post Fiend
helifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputation
Jo,

Im glad you like them!

Its always a pleasure to have a satisfied customer.

What you describe, is exactly how I like to do things!

Walley Hunter,

Sous,

any hope for increase in mpg?
I have a 2000 excursion that is 90% highway miles currently running TS canned tunes which gained me about 2 mpg not driven hard just long trips (except when my daughter ran it in the diesel drags) I know tuners won't promise mileage and understand that but still looking.
I am currently getting 16 mpg, normally running 80 mph on open highways

Old 11-23-2017, 08:38 AM
ExPACamper
Post Fiend
ExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by helifixer View Post
I have a 2000 excursion that is 90% highway miles currently running TS canned tunes which gained me about 2 mpg not driven hard just long trips (except when my daughter ran it in the diesel drags) I know tuners won't promise mileage and understand that but still looking.
In my GH tow tunes the trans is locked into overdrive above (45mph?), so the driving is all motor-power, not shifting trans so much.

When I have fresh oil it often gets another 2 mpg.

Try a tow tune and see what difference that might make- even though you are towing.

Old 11-23-2017, 10:14 AM
Jo7.3
Senior User
Jo7.3 is starting off with a positive reputation.
With the way these tunes shift and how they keep the motor in the power band, I wouldn't be surprised if I see an increase in mpg. However, I don't expect this particular tank to get very good mpg as I'm still "testing" the tunes out

Old 11-23-2017, 10:34 AM
ExPACamper
Post Fiend
ExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Jo7.3 View Post
I'm still "testing" the tunes out
Using the "butt dyno" ? LOL

Old 11-23-2017, 01:52 PM
Dusty.1023Diesel
New User
I problem! Im located in Wasilla Alaska!

I do not want to get into trouble by advertising on here.. But our info is easily available from our Facebook Page, or from our website. Is it on if i post that here..?

Old 11-23-2017, 02:01 PM
Dusty.1023Diesel
New User
Originally Posted by helifixer View Post

If you are getting 16MPG at 80 in an ex i could not begin to promise you an improvement, thats pretty good in my book!

I will say this, I built the Daily Econ tune with a little bit of hesitation simply because 'econ' tunes in the past have gotten a bad wrap.

There is nothing unsafe in our daily files, matter of fact the way i build them (engine side) is take a Street Tune, then Bring down Fuel Limits vs Boost and Fuel Limits vs RPM. And thats about it. Basically Take a Street tune ''That when you drive sensibly gets the best milage'' and made a tune that is kinda dummy proof. Kinda. That was the theory anyway.

Ive had people tell me they get 20MPG on that tune, and ive had people tell me they get 22... and ive heard a steady 18mpg.

I personally have never gotten more then about 14mpg because i drive like a 10 yo who just stole daddys mustang.

Old 11-23-2017, 02:04 PM
Walleye Hunter
Postmaster
I problem! Im located in Wasilla Alaska!

I do not want to get into trouble by advertising on here.. But our info is easily available from our Facebook Page, or from our website. Is it on if i post that here..?
Can you see Russia from there?

Old 11-23-2017, 02:11 PM
Sous
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
Can you see Russia from there?
I saw on his FaceBook page that the area code was for Alaska, but with mobile numbers now you can never tell for sure.

Dusty, thanks again for posting and contributing to the discussion.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1023 diesel tuning

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.