Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1023 diesel tuning

Old 11-17-2017, 07:07 AM
Sous
Post Fiend
Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by Bill Kay View Post
Dang Cleatus, we are all so wanting you to start tuning our trucks. DP tuned my E99 auto trans F250 and it ran very well. I only had 3 tunes on it. Jody reburned the chip when I got the 2000 manual trans F350. I like his tuning for the auto better. As far as the engine tuning is concerned, do you do anything different from one to the other? Mine seems sluggish until I reach about 1500-1700 RPM then I can feel and see(light haze) the fuel increase without increasing throttle. I know about Jody's non-liner throttle and am use to it.
Sorry if this is a Hijack but it kinda pertains to E99 tuning.
Bill, he has expressed his thoughts about tuning from here on out in the thread linked below. You may have missed it recently when it was posted.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...ing-sorry.html

Old 11-17-2017, 07:24 AM
Bill Kay
Senior User
Bill Kay is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Bill Kay is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by Sous View Post
Bill, he has expressed his thoughts about tuning from here on out in the thread linked below. You may have missed it recently when it was posted.

Yea, I caught that but as soon as I win the lottery.....

Old 11-18-2017, 01:17 AM
Dusty.1023Diesel
New User
Dusty.1023Diesel is starting off with a positive reputation.
Cleatus,

I agree, its silly that it seems to be such an ordeal.
I don't know if its volume of sales that contributes or not, I'm not a big name and I have done a TON of them.

And yes, like any of the models, it takes a lot of time live tuning to get them down, even then they do not always just 'do as commanded'. The biggest issues I have felt with is on OBS autos.

XLEs are simple once you have some seat time. I struggled for a few months with them until I got a chance to live tune a few, turns out my issues were my own doing playing with normalizers I shouldn't have :P

copy and paste sadly most that easy even post NVK. I have functions so drastically adjusted it does not work like that for mapping. Some trans stuff though.

And I'm glad I am not the only one who feels that way with the hydra! Such a fantastic Tool. but as you said, TS is easier when everyone does not feel like they can just get a quick revision on every file.

I wish it was simple as every truck acted the same with the same file, bit that's why we do offer revisions.

Then it comes to preference, which is where the hydra really shines. Someone may just flat not like my style but would like yours, GH, Swamps, SDK.. Its chocolate and vanilla.

Old 11-18-2017, 06:50 AM
Sous
Post Fiend
Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.
Dusty, we as a community are very happy to see a new tuner on the block. The fact that Clay at RiffRaff is vouching for you and your services is a big step in the right direction. As of late, some of our other favorite tuners have not been holding up to their reputation in some cases and we as a community have been on the hunt for a new place to help us get the most out of our trucks.

Thanks for being a voice on the forum as well, this does help even if you can only stop by from time to time.

Old 11-18-2017, 09:37 AM
Jo7.3
Senior User
Jo7.3 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Slight update: I went to order my tunes last night, but could not find the receipt for my transmission build. I just about tore my room to pieces looking for it and still couldn't find the thing. As soon as I find the receipt, I will be placing my order.

Old 11-18-2017, 09:52 AM
Jo7.3
Senior User
Second update: I found the friggin receipt! Time to order

Old 11-21-2017, 03:06 PM
white Buffalo
Post Fiend
white Buffalo has much to be proud ofwhite Buffalo has much to be proud ofwhite Buffalo has much to be proud ofwhite Buffalo has much to be proud ofwhite Buffalo has much to be proud ofwhite Buffalo has much to be proud ofwhite Buffalo has much to be proud ofwhite Buffalo has much to be proud ofwhite Buffalo has much to be proud ofwhite Buffalo has much to be proud of
Nice To read about a new option and to hear such positive feedback. Look forward to hearing more about 1023 Diesel.

Will Cody start tuning in 2018?l

it was a late, wet & cold harvest. Sure have missed the FTE crowd.......

Old 11-21-2017, 03:19 PM
Walleye Hunter
Post Fiend
Walleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by white Buffalo View Post
Nice To read about a new option and to hear such positive feedback. Look forward to hearing more about 1023 Diesel.

Full story here...hope your harvest was a bumper crop.

Old 11-21-2017, 05:34 PM
Sous
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by white Buffalo View Post

SDK has been mentioned a few times as well, jury is still out though just like with 1023 Tuning.

Old 11-21-2017, 09:45 PM
white Buffalo
Post Fiend
white Buffalo has much to be proud ofwhite Buffalo has much to be proud ofwhite Buffalo has much to be proud ofwhite Buffalo has much to be proud ofwhite Buffalo has much to be proud ofwhite Buffalo has much to be proud ofwhite Buffalo has much to be proud ofwhite Buffalo has much to be proud ofwhite Buffalo has much to be proud ofwhite Buffalo has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
Full story here...hope your harvest was a bumper crop.
Thanks for catching me up man! That's what I get for not being around much lately.

Harvest was late, cold, wet & windy. Yields were lower, they were in a drought this year. But it could have been a lot worse......

Old 11-22-2017, 12:51 PM
Jo7.3
Senior User
Well, I finally received the tunes and installed them this morning. However, when I went to order the tunes, my laptop decided to crash which definitely complicated matters. But luckily, a family member let me borrow there's so I could get the tunes ASAP. Compared to the canned PHP tunes...there is no comparison whatsoever. The 1023 tunes are better in every way on my truck. The shifting is smooth but firm. The shift points are the best I've had on the truck. Power delivery is the smoothest I've ever had on my truck. The idle is rock solid steady. The truck is also quieter at idle and all throughout the RPM range which is nice. The throttle is a little touchy, but nothing outrageous. All of this is on the daily economy tune. I haven't had a chance to try street shredder or my medium tow tune, but I will report on those tunes when I use them. So far I am very happy with 1023 diesel. Thanks for a great tune dusty!

Old 11-22-2017, 02:00 PM
CousinCarl
Senior User
CousinCarl is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Hmmm... you got me considering the hydra and 1023 tunes now for myself, Jo. The PO told me he thought my truck was chipped from the original owner (I'm the 3rd owner). I pulled the PCM shortly after buying it and saw no chip so I assumed it was a tuner/programmer. I'm not sure I like the way it shifts at times. Just did an ATF flush/change to synthetic to eliminate poor fluid causing erratic shifting. Maybe your set up is just my cup of tea.

Old 11-22-2017, 02:45 PM
Jo7.3
Senior User
1023 tunes are way better than the previous tuners/chips that I have. Granted it's only been a day, but I'm loving 1023's tunes so far.

Old 11-22-2017, 03:11 PM
Walleye Hunter
Post Fiend
Walleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Jo7.3 View Post
1023 tunes are way better than the previous tuners/chips that I have. Granted it's only been a day, but I'm loving 1023's tunes so far.
Could you graph it and post it for us?

Old 11-22-2017, 04:27 PM
Jo7.3
Senior User
Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
Could you graph it and post it for us?
I'm a tad confused. What exactly do you mean by graph it?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1023 diesel tuning

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.