Why do you love your bronco? - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

1978 - 1996 Big Bronco  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why do you love your bronco?

Old 01-04-2018, 12:03 PM

phillips91 has much to be proud ofphillips91 has much to be proud ofphillips91 has much to be proud ofphillips91 has much to be proud ofphillips91 has much to be proud ofphillips91 has much to be proud ofphillips91 has much to be proud ofphillips91 has much to be proud ofphillips91 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbandonedBronco View Post
and still being short/nimble enough to wind up high mountain trails is irreplaceable.
That is definitley one of my favorite parts of it. The turning radius is amazing but you still have the full size vehicle interior room. I can comfortably fit 3 car seats in the back of the bronco where I can only get two in my escape.

Funny thing about that.... Our state laws say that if a kid is 6 or older they can ride in the bed of a truck or cargo area of an suv as long as you arent on a state or US highway but if they are in a seat they have to have the proper booster seat and seat belt. 2 car seats and a booster won't fit in the back of my escape, so to follow the law i have to put my 6 year old in the cargo area instead of just putting her in the back seat with no booster seat. So we just take the van if all 3 kids go with us.
Old 01-07-2018, 05:20 PM
Postmaster

mountain dewd has a spectacular reputation.mountain dewd has a spectacular reputation.mountain dewd has a spectacular reputation.mountain dewd has a spectacular reputation.mountain dewd has a spectacular reputation.mountain dewd has a spectacular reputation.mountain dewd has a spectacular reputation.mountain dewd has a spectacular reputation.mountain dewd has a spectacular reputation.mountain dewd has a spectacular reputation.mountain dewd has a spectacular reputation.
I love everything about my broncos. They are extremely tough, reliable, capable, and easy to park. My 96 has given me 235,000 trouble free miles so far and still looks and feels new.
Old 02-05-2018, 05:58 PM
New User

ragtop69 is starting off with a positive reputation.
In 1983 I bought a new Bronco XLT as a family ski wagon. I hated putting on chains. My wife had bugged me over the years to get her a four door station wagon and, as an employee of a Ford subsidiary, I dutifully did that. First it was a '72 Gran Torino wagon, then she wanted something small so I bought her a '74 Pinto Squire. With two little kids that didn't work out so I went to an '81 Mercury Zephyr Villager wagon. I hated them all. I finally got the '83 Bronco and the wife promptly claimed it. When it wasn't on family vacations it was her daily driver. She was a little gal, so driving that Bronco gave her the feeling of power. When she was done with it, I confiscated it for a work vehicle in '92 as we had started a family business. Next it became my daughter's high school car and she used it for about five years. I sold it in 2000, after 17 years of happy ownership and over the objections of my wife, son, daughter and my two nieces. I started missing the old brute immediately after that. Two months ago I bought a '95 XLT that had the larger 5.8L engine, power door windows and automatic hubs. Those were all things I had wished I had on the '83. They're going to have to pry this one out of my dead fists. I've already had two of my grandkids in the beast and they love it as much as their mom did.
Old 02-07-2018, 04:24 PM
Senior User

45FMJoe is starting off with a positive reputation.
I bought my '79 Bronco two years ago in California when Uncle Sam sent me out there for work for a few months. It was clean, rust free and overall in very good shape. My wife flew out from the East Coast, we both took 2 weeks leave from work and we drove it cross country. Yup, drove a '79 Bronco I owned for a month cross country. Of course, I was living in a hotel and had no tools either. I took it to a local mechanic to look it over, had him fix a couple of minor things and drove it with a case of oil since the rear main was leaking pretty badly. Every time I put fuel in it I added oil. Oh, and the fuel gauge didn't really work, the radio didn't work and the A/C didn't work either. We went to the Hoover Dam, Grand Canyon, Sedona, Las Vegas, El Paso, Austin, San Antonio, New Orleans, etc. It was amazing, such a fun trip. Those are some memories we'll never forget.

This picture is at the Sinclair gas station by Lake Meade and the Hoover Dam.
Attached Images

Old 02-15-2018, 10:48 AM
New User

AUBronco is starting off with a positive reputation.
Whats not to love about them. Had mine 12 years and nearly rebuilt most everything on it.

Old 02-18-2018, 09:40 PM
New User

gadawgz71 is starting off with a positive reputation.
It could probably use an SAS though!