2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Sync 3 Version 2.3 Auto Over the Air Download

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2017, 01:18 PM
wharrell
Tuned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sync 3 Version 2.3 Auto Over the Air Download

I read today in the Ford Sync forum that Sync 3 Version 2.3 has been available for several weeks now and it instructed to go to owner.ford.com to check to see if it is available for our specific vehicles.

On my Ford Owner web site for my 2017 Super Duty, it says the update is available:

Name:  TLvx8CP.png
Views: 60
Size:  56.8 KB

Name:  yuFsy9P.png
Views: 57
Size:  74.6 KB

However, when I have my Truck Wi-Fi connected to my home Fiber 1gb x 1gb connection in my garage check for the update, it says no update is available.

So does the Over Wi-Fi Update Still Not Work?

Does anyone else have any success with it?

I swear I have been patient with Ford on their Sync technology, but it still is a fail and worthless in many areas.

My December 18 2016 manufacturer of my 2017 Super Duty with Sync 3 and the correct new USB hub, still after 9 months does not yet work with USB Music Source from an Ipod Touch, Ipad or Iphone. There was no problem on previous Microsoft Sync versions on 2015 and 2012 trucks. Ford has done nothing but deny and lie and close down my tickets to get the issue resolved. It is embarrasing for the dealer as the Sync Technology team treats the dealers with the same disdain and disregard.

Old 11-12-2017, 01:43 PM
srkr
Cargo Master
Received 440 Likes on 192 Posts
Can only be loaded from a stick drive.

Old 11-12-2017, 01:52 PM
wharrell
Tuned

Originally Posted by srkr
Any risk of it bricking the unit?

Old 11-12-2017, 01:54 PM
DISLTom
Senior User
Originally Posted by srkr
Not entirely sure about that. Mine detected the new version and actually did start doing the update. But I got impatient and did the USB stick version.

Old 11-12-2017, 02:02 PM
leejk
Mountain Pass
Mine also detected the update over WiFi, but would never finish downloading. Also, it would not auto download the update while the truck was off, as it implies it will. I always had to to force it to check. Had to manually do it by a usb finally.

Old 11-12-2017, 02:03 PM
wharrell
Tuned

Originally Posted by DISLTom
Not entirely sure about that. Mine detected the new version and actually did start doing the update. But I got impatient and did the USB stick version.
Thanks for the quick reply Brother.

And most important, did you see any differences or fixes?

I read in the Sync Forum that some report that the Applink finally works and the optional Sygic Navigation system integrates into it (if you buy it off the Apple or Google Store)

Most advanced GPS Navigation app - Sygic | Bringing life to maps

https://itunes.apple.com/sk/app/sygi...ps/id585193266

Old 11-12-2017, 02:58 PM
DISLTom
Senior User
I've not noticed anything different.

Ford Sync app still doesn't work.

Old 11-13-2017, 07:58 AM
GABAR
Lead Driver
Received 236 Likes on 184 Posts
Originally Posted by wharrell
I read today in the Ford Sync forum that Sync 3 Version 2.3 has been available for several weeks now and it instructed to go to owner.ford.com to check to see if it is available for our specific vehicles.

On my Ford Owner web site for my 2017 Super Duty, it says the update is available:

However, when I have my Truck Wi-Fi connected to my home Fiber 1gb x 1gb connection in my garage check for the update, it says no update is available.

So does the Over Wi-Fi Update Still Not Work?

Does anyone else have any success with it?

I swear I have been patient with Ford on their Sync technology, but it still is a fail and worthless in many areas.

My December 18 2016 manufacturer of my 2017 Super Duty with Sync 3 and the correct new USB hub, still after 9 months does not yet work with USB Music Source from an Ipod Touch, Ipad or Iphone. There was no problem on previous Microsoft Sync versions on 2015 and 2012 trucks. Ford has done nothing but deny and lie and close down my tickets to get the issue resolved. It is embarrasing for the dealer as the Sync Technology team treats the dealers with the same disdain and disregard.
As of right now, the upgrade can only be done via USB.

Just like the last update which was 2.2, in the beginning, it also was only available via USB but close to a month later, it was available via OTA.

Hopefully FORD/SYNC will do the same for this update.

Don`t worry about the 2.2 update because that was only for 2016 F150`s.

Hope this info helps you out.

Old 12-09-2017, 03:03 PM
John Monahan
New User
I attempted to upgrade my Sync 3 from 1.0 to 2.3 via USB. Upgrade said it completed and the version now displays version 2.3 in the about however I do not see the Android Auto preferences? Also tried Apple car play after upgrading the usb hub to the Apple car play compliant one and no Apple car play either.

Any habe Abe any suggestions at this point?

Old 12-09-2017, 03:05 PM
John Monahan
New User
I attempted to upgrade my Sync 3 from 1.0 to 2.3 via USB. Upgrade said it completed and the version now displays version 2.3 in the about however I do not see the Android Auto preferences? Also tried Apple car play after upgrading the usb hub to the Apple car play compliant one and no Apple car play either.

Anyone habe any suggestions at this point?

Old 12-09-2017, 05:39 PM
KIKKUP
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Up to 60 minutes to complete? This is so dumb. Thanks Microsoft.

Old 12-09-2017, 06:04 PM
John Monahan
New User
Originally Posted by John Monahan

Anyone habe any suggestions at this point?
Went back and installed version 2.2 instead successfully and no I have the Android Auto preferences however when I plug my iPhone in I don’t get car play?? Anyone know why? I’ve already installed the compliant USB hub.

Old 12-11-2017, 10:25 AM
GABAR
Lead Driver
Received 236 Likes on 184 Posts
Originally Posted by John Monahan
Went back and installed version 2.2 instead successfully and no I have the Android Auto preferences however when I plug my iPhone in I don’t get car play?? Anyone know why? I’ve already installed the compliant USB hub.
Why did you go back and install version 2.2?

For your Apple CarPlay issues, make sure your phone is using the latest iOS update and make sure you`re using an actual Apple or Apple certified Lighting to USB cable.

If all of this checks out, then i`d say do a Master Reset on your SYNC system and while you`re at it, shut down your phone and restart it.

After you do this and you plug your iPhone back in to the USB port, CarPlay should just pop up automatically.

Let us know if this works.

Old 12-11-2017, 10:28 AM
USSenator
Elder User
Mine loaded. No effort from me. Over WiFi.

Old 12-11-2017, 10:56 AM
wb6anp
Logistics Pro
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by KIKKUP
Up to 60 minutes to complete? This is so dumb. Thanks Microsoft.
Sync 3 is not Microsoft any more it is Blackberry QNX

Quick Reply: Sync 3 Version 2.3 Auto Over the Air Download