power inverters with built in surge protectors life span - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

power inverters with built in surge protectors life span

Old 11-14-2017, 01:53 PM
Post Fiend

RV_Tech has a superb reputationRV_Tech has a superb reputationRV_Tech has a superb reputationRV_Tech has a superb reputationRV_Tech has a superb reputationRV_Tech has a superb reputationRV_Tech has a superb reputationRV_Tech has a superb reputationRV_Tech has a superb reputationRV_Tech has a superb reputationRV_Tech has a superb reputation
My thought was this. If the EMS were to drop out and take as long to reboot as it does initially, there could be unhappy folks if they were tethered to a marginal power source that was right on the edge. If there was one compressor spooling up more than the line could handle, you would get a very brief drop in voltage, so fast you could only track it with your meter on hold. As I said, i don't know this, but I wonder how the EMS folks address that possibility. Probably the only way to know would be to call them and ask.

Steve
Old 11-14-2017, 07:50 PM

senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
I had thought about just hooking up to the 30 amp that was at the pole in the event it was a breaker going bad as well. But I didn't.

This is turning out to be an interesting thread. I though maybe I was the only one.
Old 11-17-2017, 03:46 PM

senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
Just to follow up with this issue.

We are at the KOA in Staunton, VA. I have no issues at all with the surge protector. So I do believe is was a bad power source.
Old 11-17-2017, 03:50 PM
Post Fiend

RV_Tech has a superb reputationRV_Tech has a superb reputationRV_Tech has a superb reputationRV_Tech has a superb reputationRV_Tech has a superb reputationRV_Tech has a superb reputationRV_Tech has a superb reputationRV_Tech has a superb reputationRV_Tech has a superb reputationRV_Tech has a superb reputationRV_Tech has a superb reputation
Thanks for the follow-up. Sure sounds like it. Maybe need to mark that campground off your list. Erratic power is never a good thing.

Steve
Old 11-17-2017, 04:55 PM

On purpose I am running the two space heaters as I always do, hot water is on electric and the fireplace is on. A nice and warm 73 degree's and no power issues.