I have a blown fuse on the battery cable connection. - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

2015 + Expedition & Navigator 2015 + Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

I have a blown fuse on the battery cable connection.

Old 11-11-2017, 05:50 PM
Junior User

Fefanatic is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have a blown fuse on the battery cable connection.

Does anyone know where I can get one this weekend? This fuse is part of the positive battery cable clamp and is a 125 amp fuse. There is also another fuse there marked 350 amp. I can't find it online or at any parts houses. Oh yea, 2015 Expedition
Old 11-12-2017, 10:36 AM
Post Fiend

alloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud of
Your best bet for the correct one is the dealer. If no auto parts stores stock it then you're stuck waiting or trying to jury rig something using a house fuse from home depot, some wire and a fuse holder. If you happen to have any car stereo shops around you, some of those amplifiers can use 100+ amp fuses, so you could try them.
Old 11-14-2017, 02:34 PM
Junior User

No cobbling on this. I ordered a new fuse through our local Ford dealer. No one in the KC area stocked it so I will wait for it to arrive. About $16.00 out the door.
Old 11-15-2017, 10:48 AM
Post Fiend

alloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fefanatic View Post
About $16.00 out the door.
...and a whole lot of aggravation I imagine. Any idea what caused it to blow in the first place?
Old 11-15-2017, 01:42 PM
Junior User

Yep, wifes sister was broke down at the local Home Depot and needed a jump. Her brother in law claimed to be expert in jump starting. They did successfully start the truck but when I got there they were gone and there was my wife not able to drive due to the loss of power steering and the anti skid system dead.

The ironic part is that when I went to the ford dealer he had a little sign that said you can't fix stupid. I tried hard to buy that sign but he wouldn't give it up.

I guarantee you that will never happen again!
Old 11-16-2017, 09:58 AM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fefanatic View Post
The ironic part is that when I went to the ford dealer he had a little sign that said you can't fix stupid. I tried hard to buy that sign but he wouldn't give it up.
Enjoy...!

https://www.google.com/search?q=you+...w=1105&bih=698