Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Shelby F-150 Super Snake taking up two disabled parking spaces

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2017, 07:27 PM
VTBulldog
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Delta Echo is right, there are people that you have no idea who they are, or what they are capable of. Parking in handicap spots like this is a total scumbag thing to do, but save your own *** and don't do anything stupid over it. Their are people that "take care of business" on their own.......... don't wind up in the news because you got educated.

Old 11-10-2017, 07:34 PM
msgtord
Posting Guru
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Delta Echo
Damaging another person's vehicle, because someone doesn't like the way they park, is one of the most moronic things a person can do. Besides the fact that keying paint is a FELONY, if you get caught doing it to the wrong truck, you could end up beaten to death, with your body dumped in a swamp, with bugs and animals picking your carcass clean. That truck might belong to an Outlaw or HA member, or maybe just a guy who has no tolerance for bull****. It amazes me that some people would take a chance like that, when they have absolutely nothing to gain by doing so.
Criminal damage is charged according to the cost of the property damage. It could be charged a CL 4 felony, or as low as CL 2 misdemeanor.

Old 11-10-2017, 07:54 PM
Delta Echo
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by msgtord
Criminal damage is charged according to the cost of the property damage. It could be charged a CL 4 felony, or as low as CL 2 misdemeanor.

Yes, it's by value. Have you priced the cost of a new paint job lately? If most of the vehicle was damaged, that's a felony in any state. And some paint colors are difficult to match, requiring a complete paint job, even if only part of the vehicle was damaged. Some paint colors are also extremely expensive. If you keyed one door on a plain white vehicle, then yeah, it could be a misdemeanor. But the vast majority of key jobs will be a felony. Still better than ending up dead in a swamp, but a felony is a life changer.

Old 11-10-2017, 08:03 PM
Sawdust102
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hope no one trips on the way back from the hardware store and spills a bag of roofing nails on the ground. That would be impossible to pick them all up. lol

Old 11-11-2017, 07:46 AM
Wiggums
Posting Guru
Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
I drive a Supercrew with the 6.5' and I usually park way at the end of parking lots because I don't want dings. However, I cannot justify his actions and I certainly don't park in handicapped spots either.. he could have easily parked on one spot instead because there's additional space between two parking spots. But, no, he chose to take two and a half spaces instead.

Old 11-11-2017, 09:54 AM
GlueGuy
Lead Driver
Received 214 Likes on 180 Posts
Having a brother-in-law who is handicapped, as well as a couple of other friends, this sort of thing really chaps my hide. No sympathy. I would try to make sure he got towed. Then I would follow him around to call parking enforcement where ever he goes.

Old 11-11-2017, 12:13 PM
michaebr
New User
Looks like a dealership folks

Originally Posted by Johnny Mayday

Long story short, I snapped this pic last night. According to my friend who lives in the building, the scumbag keeps doing it—even thought he's been towed multiple times. For anyone curious, the complex is in Bellevue, WA. I can't express how much I hate people like him. Anyone dealt with a similar situation. There's more info on the HP.
Question.
Where are the plates??

Answer these are picks from a dealership.

Old 11-11-2017, 12:19 PM
msgtord
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by michaebr
Question.
Where are the plates??

Answer these are picks from a dealership.
Did you look at the rest of the pictures? Is this a dealer that has underground parking?

Either your the owner or just a one time troll. Which is it?

Old 11-11-2017, 12:27 PM
michaebr
New User
I did look at all of the pictures

Originally Posted by msgtord
Did you look at the rest of the pictures? Is this a dealer that has underground parking?

Either your the owner or just a one time troll. Which is it?
Still didn't see any plates.

underground parking structure that has balloons?

Old 11-11-2017, 02:36 PM
msgtord
Posting Guru
No plates on a vehicle means it has a temp in the front windshield, or the owner removed it, or it could have a magnetic dealer plate.

Why the hitch in the receiver?

Old 11-11-2017, 03:00 PM
Beechkid
Received 210 Likes on 160 Posts
Originally Posted by onug
Cops won’t take a call for this. And parking enforcement doesn’t play on private property. .

Correction, yes they do....shopping centers for example....... chances are the driver has political clout...... of course, every state has a law on the books that if a public safety official (manager or supervisor level) fails to perform and warn of a hazard, their government immunity is exempt....and they are personally liable for all direct & punative damages....... there are several ways to address this..... the building management can enforce and even evict but if they have no interest, and you must be carefull of retaliation, each county/state has a ADA compliance office that allows anonymous complaints.

Old 11-11-2017, 03:38 PM
Dtw4ever
New User
Tow

Call the police and have the person ticketed. If they are a repeat offender they will have the tow truck take it away. I would hate for a beautiful truck to be towed but that person deserves whatever happens. I am a disabled combat veteran and I would just call the tow truck to move the vehicle out of a spot that I have unfortunately earned. Then I would have a conversation with the property management about the vehicle.
​​​​​​

Old 11-11-2017, 05:35 PM
msgtord
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Beechkid
Correction, yes they do....shopping centers for example....... chances are the driver has political clout...... of course, every state has a law on the books that if a public safety official (manager or supervisor level) fails to perform and warn of a hazard, their government immunity is exempt....and they are personally liable for all direct & punative damages....... there are several ways to address this..... the building management can enforce and even evict but if they have no interest, and you must be carefull of retaliation, each county/state has a ADA compliance office that allows anonymous complaints.

That's why it should be reported to management.

Old 11-11-2017, 08:36 PM
onug
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I understand where you are coming from. Let me clarify...My point wasn’t that it isn’t against the law. My point is the cops won’t care. Period. Maybe they will in some towns, but not around here. And if you call City Hall (not 911), parking enforcement may swing by sometime during weekday business hours if they are not busy writing tickets for parking violations on the street, at the mall, over at the library, in front of the hospital, or at the local parks.

Old 11-12-2017, 06:49 AM
WhiteEx
Senior User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've just got to jump in here with a story. I am retired law enforcement, and one day a strip mall owner called to complain about an inconsiderate bas***d who always parked directly in front of a restaurant taking up 2 places with his fancy car. The merchant had asked him several times to not take 2 places, but to no avail. My department did not a contract with that shopping center, so we could not enforce parking regulations there, but I did politely ask the driver to move his vehicle and not to do it again. He basically told me where to go. So with the mall owner's blessing, I went back to the station and brought over a marked squad car which was waiting for service and parked it directly behind and broadside to the perp's fancy car. Then I waited for him to come out of the restaurant. I informed him that the squad car would be there for 2 weeks, and that we knew who he was and that if anything happened to the department vehicle he would be responsible. I told him that if so much as a pigeon dropping were on the car, we were coming for him. There was a brick wall in front and absolutely no way he could move his car. And our unit did stay there the entire 2 weeks. Needless to say, he never did take up 2 places anywhere in my town again.

Inconsiderate idiots have always been a pet peeve of mine, and being able to do something about it is one of the things I miss most.

Quick Reply: Shelby F-150 Super Snake taking up two disabled parking spaces