Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Shelby F-150 Super Snake taking up two disabled parking spaces

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2017, 09:18 AM
brokenleg
Fleet Mechanic
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by WhiteEx
I've just got to jump in here with a story. I am retired law enforcement, and one day a strip mall owner called to complain about an inconsiderate ******* who always parked directly in front of a restaurant taking up 2 places with his fancy car. The merchant had asked him several times to not take 2 places, but to no avail. My department did not a contract with that shopping center, so we could not enforce parking regulations there, but I did politely ask the driver to move his vehicle and not to do it again. He basically told me where to go. So with the mall owner's blessing, I went back to the station and brought over a marked squad car which was waiting for service and parked it directly behind and broadside to the perp's fancy car. Then I waited for him to come out of the restaurant. I informed him that the squad car would be there for 2 weeks, and that we knew who he was and that if anything happened to the department vehicle he would be responsible. I told him that if so much as a pigeon dropping were on the car, we were coming for him. There was a brick wall in front and absolutely no way he could move his car. And our unit did stay there the entire 2 weeks. Needless to say, he never did take up 2 places anywhere in my town again.

Inconsiderate idiots have always been a pet peeve of mine, and being able to do something about it is one of the things I miss most.
I love this. I am disabled myself. But sometimes can't use the handicap parking.

Old 11-12-2017, 09:33 AM
Adam R
More Turbo
Received 56 Likes on 34 Posts
I keep a valve core tool in my off road rigs to enable tires to be more quickly aired down before we hit a trail. I dunno, but I think pulling a couple of valve cores and taping them to the drivers window with a note asking him to no longer take up two handicap parking spaces wouldn't hurt anything. No damage is being done and the cops I know would nod and smile in agreement.

I'd be more concerned about the people who honestly need the parking spaces and I have a pretty low tolerance for self-centered idiots.

Adam

Old 11-12-2017, 10:42 AM
MisterCMK
Fleet Owner
Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
Remove the valve stem cores on his wheels. Problem solved.

Throw the cores away.

Old 11-13-2017, 08:59 AM
Nodrama
Mountain Pass
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
or maybe some outlaw or HA member (who has an old grandma that is handicapped) will beat the teeth out of this idiots skull? Either way....the parasite driving the fancy truck is going to eventually have a well deserved bad day.

Old 11-13-2017, 03:32 PM
Slowtrucker
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have handicapped plates because some days I cannot walk across the room without support while other days you would not know. I really get bent out of shape when **** orifices like this show their holes. However, that is no reason for me to break the law when there are many other more interesting options that the bad actors don't like.

I have a very bad habit of getting other agencies or people to do my dirty work.

Wait around and get photos of the plates going back on and share them with as many LEO's as you can find. Those photos also make great conversation pieces when posted on bulletin boards in business establishments. Especially if the bad actor happens to work there.

Political power tends to wane when the general public gets involved so sending them to the local TV and other media outlets will probably stir up a hornets nest, so be very careful.

Old 11-13-2017, 03:32 PM
Sawdust102
New User
deleted. missed the link the the op post.

Old 11-14-2017, 09:04 AM
Beachums
Tuned
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
The owner is obviously an idiot. I mean he bought a Shelby F150 made by a van conversion company that bought the licensing rights to the Shelby name. There is not one specially engineered Shelby part on that truck (except maybe the 25 or so brag-tags)
This is nothing more than a collection bolt-on parts and a paint job.
Complete moron.

Old 11-22-2017, 04:06 AM
shortride
Posting Guru
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I don't have much respect for people that do this intentionally. It's not a good idea to make it a habit of parking in a handicapped parking space to begin with if you don't qualify. But it to intentionally do it to protect your truck isn't exceptionable at all. I would be more inclined to notify management and continue to request it be towed until the owner learns a lesson. I'm surprised someone hasn't let the air out of the tires.

Old 11-22-2017, 07:01 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by msgtord
No plates on a vehicle means it has a temp in the front windshield, or the owner removed it, or it could have a magnetic dealer plate.

Why the hitch in the receiver?
In my state, when you buy a new/used vehicle requiring new plates you get a 90 day temp tag. This must be displayed in the rear window but with factory tint can be very hard to see. So I'm not sure what the regs are in WA but it's very possible this is a new truck with its owner being driven.

Anyway you look at it, the guy is a loser.

Old 11-23-2017, 12:25 PM
onug
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
We get a temp license too (typically 30-60 days). It’s just paper and taped in the back widow. But it is nearly impossible to see with tint.

Old 02-19-2018, 03:46 PM
sky Cowboy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 250 Likes on 177 Posts
Those who are saying vandalism is an appropriate thing to do, just because they are unhappy with the parking. Those are the people who have much more serious mental health issues, than the guy who parks incorrectly.
Is the parking job a bad decision, yes it is.
But vandalizing someones truck because they parked badly is far worse.
And not all spots marked handicapped, are still used as such if say the business or building changed hands, or maybe its an old business that became a private residence. Or its after business hours.
There are many reasons why someone might park in a handicap spot.
Right down to maybe they are handicapped.
At work I often park in a spot marked handicapped.
Why?
Because the parking lot simply has not been painted to cover up what were formerly considered handicapped parking spaces.
Since I have been in that building, and we are not open to the public, like a former business was, we don't have handicapped parking now.
Those spots are now for managers.
But the asphalt shows them still as handicapped.
Many many things to consider, before jumping to conclusions.
But vandalism is ALWAYS WRONG!

If more people minded their own business, instead of being concerned what others do, the world would be a lot calmer and happier place for us all to live in.

Old 02-19-2018, 04:08 PM
JKBrad
Received 804 Likes on 589 Posts
Here, a handicapped spot has to have a sign at eye level in front of the space. Simply painting the universal symbol on the pavement doesn’t make it legal. Many times the spaces are reassigned or moved, but the symbol remains on the pavement until the lot is reasealed or resurfaced.

I would consider using gray paint to cover the handicapped symbols in the meantime. You never know when someone is going to do something stupid.

Old 02-19-2018, 04:38 PM
CR172
Fleet Mechanic
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by JKBrad
Here, a handicapped spot has to have a sign at eye level in front of the space. Simply painting the universal symbol on the pavement doesn’t make it legal. Many times the spaces are reassigned or moved, but the symbol remains on the pavement until the lot is reasealed or resurfaced.

I would consider using gray paint to cover the handicapped symbols in the meantime. You never know when someone is going to do something stupid.
There are two signs on the wall...

Old 02-19-2018, 05:40 PM
Slowtrucker
Senior User
Originally Posted by Johnny Mayday

Long story short, I snapped this pic last night. According to my friend who lives in the building, the scumbag keeps doing it—even thought he's been towed multiple times. For anyone curious, the complex is in Bellevue, WA. I can't express how much I hate people like him. Anyone dealt with a similar situation. There's more info on the HP.

Just for AlaskanEx's edification here is a paragraph taken from the link in the above original post:

Originally Posted by "";
I snapped these pics after walking a friend back to her place in Bellevue, Washington, and according to her, this despicable piece of garbage does this all the time. He even removes the plates from his truck at night, I imagine so it’ll be harder to identify him? Because there’s no way you can drive around Bellevue sans plates. You’d be pulled over in a heartbeat.
Originally Posted by AlaskanEx
In my state, when you buy a new/used vehicle requiring new plates you get a 90 day temp tag. This must be displayed in the rear window but with factory tint can be very hard to see. So I'm not sure what the regs are in WA but it's very possible this is a new truck with its owner being driven.

Anyway you look at it, the guy is a loser.

I disagree with your last sentence. He appears to be a low life that would have to improve a lot to become a loser. He probably has fleas.

Old 02-19-2018, 05:55 PM
Slowtrucker
Senior User
Actually I was just thinking about this and understand what is going on. This dude is gaming the system beyond belief. The ONLY way he is going to be stopped is by being forced to move (or his GF moves) unless he is already outside the rules. Read on for that one.

Here is what is probably happening. First off he cares nothing for other people at all. I am pretty sure we can all agree on that.

The second, and hidden issue, is the condition of his vehicle. He probably esteems it a lot and realizes that if it is towed, the towing company MUST take good care of it.

In fact he CAN sue if they damage it. So he gets to park in an area where vehicles are frequently damaged and if folks get irate enough to have his vehicle removed, the people doing the job wind up paying for some damage - in other words he probably gets the tow for free.

Hence, the ONLY way he will be punished is if every officer in the area (for 30 miles around) has his vehicle description, these photos, and photos of him putting the plates back on. Most LEO's despise scumbags and this one if pretty rough.

Now if he HAPPENS to be an LEO, all the photos to his Sherriff or Chief of Police and the media will make something change.

Quick Reply: Shelby F-150 Super Snake taking up two disabled parking spaces