Ranger More Exposed - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

2019 Ranger Discussion for the upcoming 2019 Ford Ranger!

Ranger More Exposed

Old 11-08-2017, 07:07 PM
Elder User

Christian's1988Ford has a very good reputation on FTE.Christian's1988Ford has a very good reputation on FTE.Christian's1988Ford has a very good reputation on FTE.Christian's1988Ford has a very good reputation on FTE.
Ranger More Exposed

Here's a new shot of the Ranger, with a little less padding under the camouflage.

It appears that America's Ranger will have all body panels pretty much identical to the global T6, other than the bumper, grille, and added spacing between the bumper and headlights. It looks like the car-like bumper used currently everywhere else will be replaced with a conventional truck bumper here. The current bumper has bigger 'cheeks', which fill a lot of the space under the headlights and all of the space under the grille. The new bumper means that there should now be a valance under the grille and headlights--again, more like a conventional truck.

The grille used on this prototype is from an Everest. Since there is clearly a more F150-like grille used on other prototypes, and the Everest grille fits this space perfectly (unlike the current Ranger grille--integrated with the bumper) someone must have decided not to spill the beans by just using an Everest grille for driving the prototype around town.

I would guess that (other than the grille) this will be the Ranger. The debut is probably only months away, so design work is probably 100% finished. I thought an entire front clip would be swapped out for us, but I'm not disappointed by the results!

Spied: Nearly Naked 2019 Ford Ranger | TheDetroitBureau.com

Old 11-24-2017, 02:59 PM
Posting Guru

Pgh Rebel has a good reputation on FTE.Pgh Rebel has a good reputation on FTE.
Make it a Scab I’m sold with a naturally aspirated V6 I’m sold!
Old 11-25-2017, 07:35 AM

tseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputation
On Thanksgiving day I was watching the Detroit parade. Ford naturally had a huge impact on that one as they are a major sponsor of that event.

Anywhere, there was an environmental based commercial that kept airing and near the end the front clip of a Bronze colored Ranger was shown. Very sharp, I want one.
Old 11-25-2017, 10:35 AM
Elder User

Christian's1988Ford has a very good reputation on FTE.Christian's1988Ford has a very good reputation on FTE.Christian's1988Ford has a very good reputation on FTE.Christian's1988Ford has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tseekins View Post
On Thanksgiving day I was watching the Detroit parade. Ford naturally had a huge impact on that one as they are a major sponsor of that event.

Anywhere, there was an environmental based commercial that kept airing and near the end the front clip of a Bronze colored Ranger was shown. Very sharp, I want one.
Interesting!

So it definitely had essentially the same front clip used overseas?

The only thing that I couldn't put my finger on that made the current Ranger look less masculine was the front bumper. The bumper on the prototype definitely looks more masculine and truck-like to me!
Old 11-27-2017, 02:08 PM
Posting Guru

Pgh Rebel has a good reputation on FTE.Pgh Rebel has a good reputation on FTE.
I don't recall Ford ever being this silent on the details of an upcoming new model. If they're doing it to build excitement and make us want it, it's working! I just hope the final product isn't a let down. I'm hoping Ford will show us something at the International Auto Show when it comes to my area in January.
Old 11-30-2017, 12:22 PM
Junior User

geno87_69 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'm waiting quietly for details..