2019 - 2023 Ranger Everything about the new 2019-2023 Ford Ranger.

Ranger More Exposed

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 06:07 PM
Christian's1988Ford
More Turbo
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Ranger More Exposed

Here's a new shot of the Ranger, with a little less padding under the camouflage.

It appears that America's Ranger will have all body panels pretty much identical to the global T6, other than the bumper, grille, and added spacing between the bumper and headlights. It looks like the car-like bumper used currently everywhere else will be replaced with a conventional truck bumper here. The current bumper has bigger 'cheeks', which fill a lot of the space under the headlights and all of the space under the grille. The new bumper means that there should now be a valance under the grille and headlights--again, more like a conventional truck.

The grille used on this prototype is from an Everest. Since there is clearly a more F150-like grille used on other prototypes, and the Everest grille fits this space perfectly (unlike the current Ranger grille--integrated with the bumper) someone must have decided not to spill the beans by just using an Everest grille for driving the prototype around town.

I would guess that (other than the grille) this will be the Ranger. The debut is probably only months away, so design work is probably 100% finished. I thought an entire front clip would be swapped out for us, but I'm not disappointed by the results!

Spied: Nearly Naked 2019 Ford Ranger | TheDetroitBureau.com

Old 11-24-2017, 01:59 PM
Pgh Rebel
Fleet Mechanic
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Make it a Scab I’m sold with a naturally aspirated V6 I’m sold!

Old 11-25-2017, 06:35 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,219 Likes on 802 Posts
On Thanksgiving day I was watching the Detroit parade. Ford naturally had a huge impact on that one as they are a major sponsor of that event.

Anywhere, there was an environmental based commercial that kept airing and near the end the front clip of a Bronze colored Ranger was shown. Very sharp, I want one.

Old 11-25-2017, 09:35 AM
Christian's1988Ford
More Turbo
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by tseekins
On Thanksgiving day I was watching the Detroit parade. Ford naturally had a huge impact on that one as they are a major sponsor of that event.

Anywhere, there was an environmental based commercial that kept airing and near the end the front clip of a Bronze colored Ranger was shown. Very sharp, I want one.
Interesting!

So it definitely had essentially the same front clip used overseas?

The only thing that I couldn't put my finger on that made the current Ranger look less masculine was the front bumper. The bumper on the prototype definitely looks more masculine and truck-like to me!

Old 11-27-2017, 01:08 PM
Pgh Rebel
Fleet Mechanic
I don't recall Ford ever being this silent on the details of an upcoming new model. If they're doing it to build excitement and make us want it, it's working! I just hope the final product isn't a let down. I'm hoping Ford will show us something at the International Auto Show when it comes to my area in January.

Old 11-30-2017, 11:22 AM
geno87_69
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm waiting quietly for details..

Old 12-13-2017, 02:00 PM
mortock
Junior User
Anyone know when it's coming out? Is it the fall of 2018? What month? I've got a lease I'm coming out of in March and want to wait for the ranger before picking up another vehicle.

Old 12-17-2017, 12:12 AM
YoGeorge
Logistics Pro
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
There is a good chance the Ranger will be introduced at the Detroit auto show (NAIAS or North Am International Auto Show) which starts on Jan 14th for the press and Jan 20th for the public.

There *may* be more info about introduction date at that time.

I'll go to the show but chances are that we'll see any prototypes in the press before the show opens to the public. (I used to get press passes but not any more.)

George

Old 12-18-2017, 10:33 AM
geno87_69
Junior User
I hope that is the case.

Old 12-21-2017, 05:00 AM
Supercab
Lead Driver

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
Well guys, IMO the NEW Ranger is too big and looks too much like an F-150.

I have owned 4 Rangers now, '85, '88, '03, '04, and will be buying a low mile '11 SuperCab "SPORT" by the end of '18 and be done with it.

Old 12-28-2017, 12:25 PM
wannaBelkhuntin
Cross-Country
Originally Posted by Supercab
Well guys, IMO the NEW Ranger is too big and looks too much like an F-150.

I have owned 4 Rangers now, '85, '88, '03, '04, and will be buying a low mile '11 SuperCab "SPORT" by the end of '18 and be done with it.
No offense but looking at the dates of the vehicles you owned and are buying in the future YOU were not in the market for a new Ranger anyhow. They need to have a truck to be competitive with Chevy and Toyuta and building one based off of the old Ranger is not feasable when they allready make this Ranger in Australia and other markets. JMO

Old 12-29-2017, 01:35 PM
Pgh Rebel
Fleet Mechanic
"They need to have a truck to be competitive with Chevy and Toyuta and building one based off of the old Ranger is not feasable when they allready make this Ranger in Australia and other markets. JMO"

My thoughts exactly. While I would like to see Ford introduce a smaller, more compact truck simply for a lower initial price; I realize that Ford needs to keep up with the competiton. They can't afford to build a one-off truck simply to satisfy those of us who are stuck in the 90's! From a corporate standpoint, Ford needs to satisfy the demands of the mass market. If they have millions of people who are asking for a mid-size truck and only a few hundred who are asking for a compact truck; who do you think they are going to listen to?
IF I do buy one of the newer Ranger's it won't be right away as I'll be paying on my current F-150 till 2021 and then would like to have a couple years with no truck payments.

Old 12-29-2017, 07:35 PM
Gicknordon
Fleet Mechanic
Received 72 Likes on 36 Posts
Michigan assembly is going down for retooling beginning of May. First trucks down the line are supposed to be coming down a little over a month later. I think job 1 starts around august or september. At least that was the plan I heard earlier this year.

Old 01-01-2018, 01:38 PM
Pgh Rebel
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by Gicknordon
Michigan assembly is going down for retooling beginning of May. First trucks down the line are supposed to be coming down a little over a month later. I think job 1 starts around august or september. At least that was the plan I heard earlier this year.

So the Ranger should be in showrooms starting in the Fall of '18 then? Looking forward to it!

Old 01-04-2018, 06:40 AM
WXboy
Cargo Master
Received 339 Likes on 206 Posts
What's interesting is that when the Ranger was killed off, it was still #2 in the segment in sales despite generally using the same cab and design of the 1993 truck. Quite amazing. When Ford would do polls, what they discovered is that people buying the Ranger WANTED a compact pickup truck, and the Ranger was the only compact pickup left in America. All other brands had moved up to midsize trucks, and likewise the pricing had gone up. With rebates, full size trucks were the same cost. Hence, the failure of the small truck market.

If Ford introduced a true compact pickup truck again, I personally believe it would be a sales success. Lower price, better MPGs, and the size would make a lot more sense when parked next to the F-150.

Have you guys actually seen a crew cab Colorado in person? You almost can't tell that it's smaller than a Silverado.

Quick Reply: Ranger More Exposed