2015 + Expedition & Navigator 2015 + Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

This just happened. Expeditions are tough

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2017, 08:51 PM
FreeWill
Cross-Country
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This just happened. Expeditions are tough

Got hit in a three car pileup tonight. I was in front. Demolished two of the cars pretty good. Lost a few chips out of my rear bumper and popped out 4 of the radar sensors. That is it as far as I can tell. Check out what happened to the front of the car that hit me.

Old 11-21-2017, 07:01 AM
B-McD
Junior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow - Looks like the guy in the SUV really clocked that car! Hope no one was hurt too bad. Make sure you get your truck checked out thoroughly. What appears to be minor damage on a modern car can be much more once they take it apart. Gas tank mounting, exhaust being pushed forward and cracking, etc. Good luck with the repair!!

Old 11-21-2017, 07:13 AM
FreeWill
Cross-Country
Originally Posted by B-McD
Wow - Looks like the guy in the SUV really clocked that car! Hope no one was hurt too bad. Make sure you get your truck checked out thoroughly. What appears to be minor damage on a modern car can be much more once they take it apart. Gas tank mounting, exhaust being pushed forward and cracking, etc. Good luck with the repair!!
Thank you, B-McD. Will have it checked out completely. I could see in the light of day my hatch is trashed too. Girl in the SUV was 17 years old. She told me "I didn't even know I hit someone until the airbag hit me." So I'm thinking she was likely on her phone, or else she would have been all too aware of an impending crash. Didn't see ANY brake marks.

Old 11-21-2017, 10:22 PM
B-McD
Junior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well in her defense the bag goes off so fast in her mind it was at the same time! These kids think they are experts at the texting while driving routine. So wrong. Good luck with your repairs.

Old 11-22-2017, 09:05 AM
alloro
Received 4,194 Likes on 2,430 Posts
Did anyone get injured?

Old 11-22-2017, 11:53 AM
FreeWill
Cross-Country
Lady in middle car had a sore chest, probably just from the airbag. She was transported, but I am certain out of caution. Anyone that has ANY chest pain is generally transported according to my paramedic family members.

Old 11-22-2017, 09:23 PM
YoGeorge
Logistics Pro
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Holy cow, that looks like a big hit! I was hit the same way in 2010, stopped on a freeway exit ramp, car behind me stopped, and car coming up the ramp at speed blasted the car behind me hard.

It was not hard enough to pop airbags in the middle car, and my Subaru Forester (a 2009 daily driver) was a stick so I relieved the blow just a bit because I was not pushing hard on the brake pedal. Took out my rear bumper cover and beam behind it, dented the bottom of the tailgate, pushed one side of the (dual) exhaust pipe in just a bit, and crunched the spare tire well. I think it was a bit over 2 grand to have it fixed and all was well and still is--my son is driving it. Car in the middle was a Saturn Aura(?) and the hit to the grille and hood looked WAY worse than my car. Cars are really soft above the bumper. Make sure the at-fault driver pays all deductibles.

I actually witnessed a similar accident a few months ago where a spanking new Porsche Cayenne SUV was a sandwich hit...35 mph boulevard, car in front stopped for a right turn for pedestrians, Porsche behind that car. Young girl texting ran into the Porsche...

These distracted drivers are worse than drunks!

Good luck sorting it out,
George