Just COE talk and pics - Page 16 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Just COE talk and pics

Old 12-31-2017, 03:50 PM
abe
Post Fiend
abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.
Do your cab clearance lights clear it?

Old 12-31-2017, 06:02 PM
tripleframe
Elder User
tripleframe is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.tripleframe is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
C 900 at the Rouge Plant

Attached Images  
Old 12-31-2017, 08:54 PM
1952 Ford Coe
Senior User
1952 Ford Coe has a great reputation on FTE.1952 Ford Coe has a great reputation on FTE.1952 Ford Coe has a great reputation on FTE.1952 Ford Coe has a great reputation on FTE.1952 Ford Coe has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by abe View Post
Do your cab clearance lights clear it?
yes just misses the door.

Old 01-01-2018, 11:50 AM
Ken Newman
Senior User
Ken Newman has a good reputation on FTE.Ken Newman has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by 1952 Ford Coe View Post
My measurement was right on! Clears the garage door by 1 inch!!!!
That's wonderful news! The truck is looking great. Congrats!

Old 01-12-2018, 10:00 AM
Mixer man
Postmaster
Mixer man is a splendid one to beholdMixer man is a splendid one to beholdMixer man is a splendid one to beholdMixer man is a splendid one to beholdMixer man is a splendid one to beholdMixer man is a splendid one to beholdMixer man is a splendid one to beholdMixer man is a splendid one to behold
I was just perusing the factory parts manuals and discovered something I never noticed before. Up until the end of the 1952 model run the stubby nosed trucks were called Cab-Over-Engine (COE's). Beginning with 1953 and onward, they were called Cab Forward (CF's). Any speculation on why the word "engine" was dropped?

Old 01-12-2018, 11:40 AM
abe
Post Fiend
abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by Mixer man View Post
I was just perusing the factory parts manuals and discovered something I never noticed before. Up until the end of the 1952 model run the stubby nosed trucks were called Cab-Over-Engine (COE's). Beginning with 1953 and onward, they were called Cab Forward (CF's). Any speculation on why the word "engine" was dropped?
My guess is that the cab never was totally over all of the engine so maybe Ford wanted to match the name with what it actually was.

Old 01-12-2018, 11:51 AM
raytasch
Old guy with old toys
raytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputation
Forward = Future---thinking, progressing, advancing.

Old 01-12-2018, 01:03 PM
Mixer man
Postmaster
Mixer man is a splendid one to beholdMixer man is a splendid one to beholdMixer man is a splendid one to beholdMixer man is a splendid one to beholdMixer man is a splendid one to beholdMixer man is a splendid one to beholdMixer man is a splendid one to beholdMixer man is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by abe View Post
My guess is that the cab never was totally over all of the engine so maybe Ford wanted to match the name with what it actually was.
I think the cabs were basically the same until the introduction of the C and H series tilt cabs. The timing was just before GM introduced their Low Cab Forward (LCF) models. Just wondering if it was just a marketing gambit.

Old 01-12-2018, 01:09 PM
1952 Ford Coe
Senior User
1952 Ford Coe has a great reputation on FTE.1952 Ford Coe has a great reputation on FTE.1952 Ford Coe has a great reputation on FTE.1952 Ford Coe has a great reputation on FTE.1952 Ford Coe has a great reputation on FTE.
This is my guess.. I believe they are 2 in the same. Coe = cab over engine and cab forward was considered over the front axle. But, you bring them side by side..... they both are over the motor and front axle. To some degree. So my guess really doesn't answer the question. I don't know... maybe they wanted to be different. Kind of like when they got rid of the Taurus and made it the 500. Sales dropped and went back to Taurus.

Old 01-22-2018, 09:27 AM
tinman52
Welder User
tinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputation
My COE is stored in the barn for winter, but yesterday was sunny and 35 degrees so I waded thru the snow and fired it up for the first time in a month or so.
Was a great pick me up to sit up there and rev the engine....pretend I'm cruising.
Can't wait for spring!

Old 01-22-2018, 10:05 AM
Mixer man
Postmaster
Originally Posted by tinman52 View Post
My COE is stored in the barn for winter, but yesterday was sunny and 35 degrees so I waded thru the snow and fired it up for the first time in a month or so.
Was a great pick me up to sit up there and rev the engine....pretend I'm cruising.
Can't wait for spring!
Thanks for the inspiration. I really need to do that too. It's been languishing for weeks and getting cobwebs. That's not a good sign.

Old 01-22-2018, 11:00 AM
1952 Ford Coe
Senior User
I wanted to pull mine out and run it too this weekend. Temps got to 42 degrees. I didn't have a few things hooked up and waiting for parts.. So I couldn't. But good to hear you did tinman!

Old 01-22-2018, 11:30 AM
OldGrayMare
Senior User
OldGrayMare is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by tinman52 View Post
Can't wait for spring!
I don't have a COE but I know that feeling. always brings a smile.

Old 01-27-2018, 05:13 PM
1952 Ford Coe
Senior User
Pulled the truck out today and ran it. Wanted to go down the road but salt and sand kept me from doing it. Summer can't come soon enough...

Old 01-27-2018, 05:23 PM
bjmayberry2
Postmaster
bjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant future
Lookin good. Iím with ya, Come On Warm Weather.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just COE talk and pics

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.