Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

54 f100 Panel rod/rebuild

Old 10-26-2017, 06:29 PM
ooraider
Junior User
ooraider has a very good reputation on FTE.ooraider has a very good reputation on FTE.ooraider has a very good reputation on FTE.
54 f100 Panel rod/rebuild

So this is what I started with

Old 10-26-2017, 06:40 PM
ooraider
Junior User
ooraider has a very good reputation on FTE.ooraider has a very good reputation on FTE.ooraider has a very good reputation on FTE.
its been over 1 year since i started to tear the rust out after not working on the truck for about 15 years. But I never lost the drive to build mt 54 panel/street rod.
and thanks to a great friend we are on our way to rebuild.

Old 10-26-2017, 06:55 PM
ooraider
Junior User

Old 10-26-2017, 07:24 PM
abe
Post Fiend
abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.
Thanks for all the pics, raider! And welcome to FTE the best Ford Truck Forum on the world wide Web!

Your questions will be answered here. I'm glad you got started on you project after the long layoff.

Old 01-26-2018, 05:26 PM
ooraider
Junior User
I have spent more time working on yhe truck but with how cold its been here in NJ and only have temp. heat so I will follow with some pictures.

Old 01-26-2018, 06:55 PM
ooraider
Junior User
54 panel resto/rod

I have finally have found some time and thank you to all you that have posted pictures that helped me with knowing that things I wanted to do many of you did I, and I can do. shaved the drip rails
re-built rotted corner
started spot welding {giving Frankenstien his stitches.

Old 01-26-2018, 07:21 PM
ooraider
Junior User
This is one way to install your doors when you have no help and you have a engine hoist.

Old 01-26-2018, 07:25 PM
Greg Rogers
Elder User
Greg Rogers is a name known to allGreg Rogers is a name known to allGreg Rogers is a name known to allGreg Rogers is a name known to allGreg Rogers is a name known to allGreg Rogers is a name known to all
Thank you for posting your pictures, now others (including me) are learning from you. Love the way you mounted a light in the panel body!

Old 01-28-2018, 10:14 AM
ooraider
Junior User
Greg thanks the light is a fixture I had to Demo at a job and ends up these are LED lamps so they offer great light, was able to grab 3 of them so I put one on ceiling gave another to by friend that's helping me, put a extension cord on it so we can move it anywhere.

Old 01-29-2018, 08:24 PM
ooraider
Junior User
So My good friend that has been helping me with my body work spent about 6-8 months on the DL due to a bout with leukemia , and after recovering and back to work he ended up in the hospital with the Flu this weekend, but as he said every minute working on it gets me closer. So I went solo again and gave my "Frankenstein" more stitched. I will post more photo's also started fitting the Doors.

Old 01-29-2018, 08:24 PM
ooraider
Junior User
So My good friend that has been helping me with my body work spent about 6-8 months on the DL due to a bout with leukemia , and after recovering and back to work he ended up in the hospital with the Flu this weekend, but as he said every minute working on it gets me closer. So I went solo again and gave my "Frankenstein" more stitched. I will post more photo's also started fitting the Doors.

Old 01-29-2018, 08:32 PM
Silver54
Elder User
Silver54 has much to be proud ofSilver54 has much to be proud ofSilver54 has much to be proud ofSilver54 has much to be proud ofSilver54 has much to be proud ofSilver54 has much to be proud ofSilver54 has much to be proud ofSilver54 has much to be proud ofSilver54 has much to be proud of
Sorry to hear about your friend, hope that he gets past the flu and has a speedy recovery

Old 01-29-2018, 08:34 PM
ooraider
Junior User

Old 01-29-2018, 08:36 PM
ooraider
Junior User
Yes I shaved the Drip Rail's:-

Old 01-29-2018, 08:50 PM
ooraider
Junior User
Originally Posted by Silver54 View Post
Sorry to hear about your friend, hope that he gets past the flu and has a speedy recovery
Thanks Jason

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.