Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

54 f100 Panel rod/rebuild

Old 02-27-2018, 06:37 PM
ooraider
Junior User
ooraider has a very good reputation on FTE.ooraider has a very good reputation on FTE.ooraider has a very good reputation on FTE.
I was able to spend some more time on the rear drip rail the last 2 days.

Old 02-27-2018, 06:42 PM
ooraider
Junior User
ooraider has a very good reputation on FTE.ooraider has a very good reputation on FTE.ooraider has a very good reputation on FTE.

Old 02-28-2018, 06:20 AM
Greg Rogers
Elder User
Greg Rogers is a name known to allGreg Rogers is a name known to allGreg Rogers is a name known to allGreg Rogers is a name known to allGreg Rogers is a name known to allGreg Rogers is a name known to all
Coming right along! Looks great.

Old 02-28-2018, 08:15 PM
ooraider
Junior User
Thanks Greg.

Old 03-15-2018, 08:52 PM
ooraider
Junior User
Well I finally was able to get the old chassis out and put the new {17 year old never used } chassis in place. I have been waiting a long time for this. It fits but need a few small adjustments but this was/is a major accomplishment for me.

Old 03-15-2018, 08:57 PM
ooraider
Junior User

Old 03-15-2018, 11:55 PM
gerrymoe
Elder User
gerrymoe has a brilliant futuregerrymoe has a brilliant futuregerrymoe has a brilliant futuregerrymoe has a brilliant futuregerrymoe has a brilliant futuregerrymoe has a brilliant futuregerrymoe has a brilliant futuregerrymoe has a brilliant futuregerrymoe has a brilliant futuregerrymoe has a brilliant futuregerrymoe has a brilliant future
Really coming along nicely. I have been watching for some one who shaved the drip rails, I have been seriously giving thought to cutting mine off and yours could be the one that sends me over the edge. Are those after market doors they really look like the lines matched up pretty good

Old 03-16-2018, 06:34 AM
avf100
Elder User
avf100 is a splendid one to beholdavf100 is a splendid one to beholdavf100 is a splendid one to beholdavf100 is a splendid one to beholdavf100 is a splendid one to beholdavf100 is a splendid one to beholdavf100 is a splendid one to beholdavf100 is a splendid one to behold
Congratulations. !! It definitely feels good to accomplish a milestone. You are doing a good job.

Old 03-16-2018, 07:08 AM
Greg Rogers
Elder User
Greg Rogers is a name known to allGreg Rogers is a name known to allGreg Rogers is a name known to allGreg Rogers is a name known to allGreg Rogers is a name known to allGreg Rogers is a name known to all
I'll bet that sure feels good seeing the progress, That thing looks badass. Congratulations and carry on sir!

Old 03-16-2018, 04:52 PM
ooraider
Junior User
Thank You everyone! Gerrymoe- I had thoughts of shaving my drip rails and if it wasn't for the guys on this site I could not have done it, The support and was able to score some parts needed from this site. I hope it comes out as nice as a lot of other trucks guys have posted. But its still a long way to go just have to keep poking at it.

Old 03-16-2018, 04:56 PM
ooraider
Junior User
Originally Posted by gerrymoe View Post
Really coming along nicely. I have been watching for some one who shaved the drip rails, I have been seriously giving thought to cutting mine off and yours could be the one that sends me over the edge. Are those after market doors they really look like the lines matched up pretty good
Yes they are aftermarket , there nice I just found one problem near the window opening on one door I found a spot that was welded and bent still, but fixable,

Old 03-29-2018, 08:43 PM
ooraider
Junior User
Well haven't had much time lately I made a trip to Chicago to spend time with my son and his family. And got called back to work full time but the day I got back I was able to work on the rear body to chassis mount. I was not happy with the support of the rear with the narrowed chassis, so I added more support hoping that it will cut down on body roll. and also put the rear door sill.

Old 05-28-2018, 07:29 AM
mike5366
New User
mike5366 is starting off with a positive reputation.
ANOTHER NJ PANEL TRUCK OWNER

HEY OORAIDER,

I'M IN SOUTHERN NJ AND BUILDING A 55 F100 PANEL, GET A CHANCE PM ME I HAVE A FEW QUESTIONS,
I DID A C4 SUSPENSION, LS DRIVE TRAIN, LOWERED THE BODY OVER THE FRAME AND SOME OTHER STUFF
I MIKE S.

THANKS

Old 05-28-2018, 02:29 PM
ooraider
Junior User
pics

Originally Posted by mike5366 View Post
HEY OORAIDER,

I'M IN SOUTHERN NJ AND BUILDING A 55 F100 PANEL, GET A CHANCE PM ME I HAVE A FEW QUESTIONS,
I DID A C4 SUSPENSION, LS DRIVE TRAIN, LOWERED THE BODY OVER THE FRAME AND SOME OTHER STUFF
I MIKE S.

THANKS
when you can share some pics of your truck

Old 11-15-2018, 12:41 PM
ooraider
Junior User
Its been some time since I posted but here are some updated photos

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.