1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

1956 F100 Prices

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2017, 11:28 AM
CharlieLed
Lead Driver
Received 466 Likes on 302 Posts
1956 F100 Prices

I haven't spent much time lately shopping for 1956 F100 trucks but it seems like prices have skyrocketed. People seem to be asking crazy prices for piles of rusty parts that they have the audacity to call a "truck". Do I need a reality check or are you seeing the same thing in your area?

Old 10-26-2017, 11:49 AM
JPMallory
Laughing Gas

Received 105 Likes on 48 Posts
I started looking at them a few months ago. The prices seem to be pretty high to me. I'm guessing part of the problem is that they are one year only model.

Old 10-26-2017, 03:01 PM
The Outlaw
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Depends on what you see as a "problem". As a buyer. Especially one that has previously purchased other trucks in the past. Ya it's a problem as price have gone up. But on the opposite side of that fence. As an owner. Prices have gone up!

As is with everything. It's about supply and demand. Not to defend the guy who is trying to sell that 56 big window cab that has more holes in it that a block of Swiss cheese. Or even that mangled original rear fender. Why should he give it away just cause you think it's a high price. There is a buyer for everything. And that guy you are talking about most likely doesn't NEED to sell that truck or part. So why should he sell it to you for pennies on the dollar. When he can sit on it and wait for the guy who is willing to pay him for what HE thinks it's worth.

Also you have to remember. Prices have gone way up. Just cause 10 years ago you paid $500 for a 56 doesn't mean that you should only have to pay $500 this time.

While I do agree and do understand your overall statement and thought. Or at least what I believe that to be. People to tend to feel there stuff is worth its weight in gold.

If it's truly that way. It will still be for sale in a few months. And if that guy wants it gone will take a lower offer. Because he's been faced with the fact that he would rather have cash in his hand rather than the item in his possession.

Old 10-26-2017, 03:07 PM
douglpr42
Tuned
Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts
Like anything else antique its only worth what somebody is will to pay and the big problem is they are not making any more of them.

Old 10-27-2017, 11:51 AM
petemcl
Still Learnin'
Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
I guess this supports your idea Charlie. abe just posted it:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1956-Ford-F...BZ7RRh&vxp=mtr

This one looks like it is in excellent original condition. Unmolested it might be worth the $32K asking price.

Old 10-27-2017, 12:33 PM
edzakory
Elder User
It’s difficult to apply logic to emotion. A few years ago the original Batmobile sold at the Barrett-Jackson auction in Phoenix for over $4 million. There may come a time when you may have more money than time. There are many reasons, most I will never understand.

I don’t expect to get an amount for my truck that equals the time, effort, and cost I put into it; if/when I sell. As a hobby, I expect that. So when I see these highly priced examples, it puts a smile on my face.

Old 10-27-2017, 01:28 PM
Connecticut Calvin
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I always thought I would get crafty if I wanted an F100 instead of, or in addition to, my big F500. I have actually seen quite a few big trucks for sale for less than $5,000. In decent shape too. And I'm also seeing those rusty "piles of junk" 1956 trucks also...for under $1,000. If I wanted the whole "original engine, original frame, original body" kind of thing this wouldn't work. But if I wanted the most bang for my buck, I'd buy that big truck, drop the body, engine and transmission on the frame of the smaller truck (presuming the frame is OK) replace the fenders and either repair the bed of the rust-bucket or hope to find a replacement. Yes I know this kind of thing is not for everyone but I'm passionate about thinking outside of the box. I like really enjoy the bodywork aspect too. Just MHO.

Old 10-27-2017, 01:36 PM
CharlieLed
Lead Driver
Received 466 Likes on 302 Posts
To clarify...the point that I was making was that there seems to be a rash of what I would call "speculators" who are buying up junky 56 trucks/parts and attempting to sell them for inflated prices. Not just inflated considering the condition of the parts/trucks but inflated for the same item as if it were in good condition. As a buyer I can laugh and walk away. As a seller it doesn't change my valuation of the worth of any 56 parts/truck since serious buyers know the value. As an owner of 2 56 trucks I welcome any appreciation in in the value of them.

Old 10-27-2017, 01:38 PM
Connecticut Calvin
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Amen to that Charlie!

Old 10-27-2017, 02:20 PM
The Outlaw
Senior User
Originally Posted by CharlieLed
To clarify...the point that I was making was that there seems to be a rash of what I would call "speculators" who are buying up junky 56 trucks/parts and attempting to sell them for inflated prices. Not just inflated considering the condition of the parts/trucks but inflated for the same item as if it were in good condition. As a buyer I can laugh and walk away. As a seller it doesn't change my valuation of the worth of any 56 parts/truck since serious buyers know the value. As an owner of 2 56 trucks I welcome any appreciation in in the value of them.
Right on! That makes sense as well. But hey. Can't blame a guy for trying to make a buck! That's what this country was made on.

Old 10-28-2017, 06:38 PM
Rezza56
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Guys,
I just paid USD 7K this month for a 56 all original completely stock barn find in Alabama, it's in unmolested condition, perfectly straight with minimal rust in doors and a tiny bit in floors. With shipping, taxes, etc. it will owe me USD 11k
I am in Australia and $7k might be a bit high in the US, but to get something here that an Aussie importer has brought in would be 3 times as much (nowhere near the condition I found)
PS: Can anyone give me the paint code and/or colour name for the off white grille and wheels?

Old 10-28-2017, 08:42 PM
abe
One Meadow Green Owner

Received 2,601 Likes on 1,447 Posts
Nice truck. The name of the color on the grille and rims is Snowshoe White. I do not know the paint code, but someone on here will know or now you can Google Snowshoe White and find it.

I see you only have 8 posts so I want to welcome you to FTE the best Ford Truck Forum on the world wide Web!

Old 10-28-2017, 09:34 PM
Rezza56
New User
Thanks Abe,
I thought that was the colour from what i could find on the web but needed someone to confirm it. yes i think that this truck was a very rare find in it's condition, fortunately had been in storage for a while so rust was not a big issue. i have a local garage in the town getting it running for me so should be good to ship late next week. I can't wait to get it here in Australia (10-12 weeks!!)
Steve

Old 10-28-2017, 09:50 PM
abe
One Meadow Green Owner

Received 2,601 Likes on 1,447 Posts
Be sure to show us pictures when it arrives.

Old 10-28-2017, 10:14 PM
Rezza56
New User
Sure will Abe.
Can you or any other FTE members offer any advice on lowering a stock 56 truck (272ci 3spd column manual) without notching the frame? I am order a bunch of parts to ship with the truck and looking at Mid Fifty's Rear Axle Flip Kit and front stock eye mono leaf springs to give 3" drop in the front and 4" in the rear. Will I have any nasty surprises if going this way? They also have reverse eye mono that will give a 5" drop but I was thinking it would cause problems? Would appreciate your advice.
Stock Truck
Lowered

Quick Reply: 1956 F100 Prices