O.T. Apology for my non participation. - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

O.T. Apology for my non participation.

Old 10-19-2017, 04:07 PM
FTE fan

underthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputation
O.T. Apology for my non participation.

Hello guys and gals, over the years I have seen a lot of folks disappear from the site. I'm sure there are many reasons for this, each different for different members. OK now me, I have not been participating on the board lately, and feel bad about it. I had plans and hopes for this last spring & summer to share a visit with people some that are from the site and some people I have known for years. I got the truck ready and other than a couple trips to the post office to keep it charged and lubricated the truck just sits in the garage, not for lack of interest, I love driving my truck, and rarely miss a day visiting the site, but for reasons beyond my control, health (not life threating) an ageing mother that I spend my time either running Mom around or laying on the bed to exhausted to do anything. This is not a call for sympathy, I live a very blessed life, but knowing how I wonder what happened to members that disappear, I felt like I should explain to those of you that don't my circumstances what's up. I love this site and hope to be back on the road asap. I'm still here reading and enjoying every pic and story each day. Thanks for listening.
Old 10-19-2017, 04:23 PM
Postmaster

ben73058 is a name known to allben73058 is a name known to allben73058 is a name known to allben73058 is a name known to allben73058 is a name known to allben73058 is a name known to all
Jimmy,
You participate as much or as little as you want. We were worried about you
during the recent fire. Post some pics when you get a chance ...I need to catch
up with you & your truck!

Hang in there Jimmy!
Looking good up there in Northern California!

Ben in Austin
1950 F1
Old 10-19-2017, 04:24 PM
Posting Guru

49f3dls has much to be proud of49f3dls has much to be proud of49f3dls has much to be proud of49f3dls has much to be proud of49f3dls has much to be proud of49f3dls has much to be proud of49f3dls has much to be proud of49f3dls has much to be proud of
Hang in there Jimmy. We all go thru a rough spot sometimes. It’s harder as we get older and hopefully your health will improve.
Old 10-19-2017, 07:36 PM
oldmerc

oldmerc is a name known to alloldmerc is a name known to alloldmerc is a name known to alloldmerc is a name known to alloldmerc is a name known to alloldmerc is a name known to all
No worries , you take care Jim
Old 10-19-2017, 07:56 PM
Postmaster

topmoo has a brilliant futuretopmoo has a brilliant futuretopmoo has a brilliant futuretopmoo has a brilliant futuretopmoo has a brilliant futuretopmoo has a brilliant futuretopmoo has a brilliant futuretopmoo has a brilliant futuretopmoo has a brilliant futuretopmoo has a brilliant futuretopmoo has a brilliant future
It is always good to see your posts, you have a great positive attitude that rubs off on other people. I hope your health improves and don't forget to take care of yourself too. Kudos for taking care of your mother, she is lucky to have you.
Old 10-19-2017, 09:32 PM
Posting Guru

tip49 is a splendid one to beholdtip49 is a splendid one to beholdtip49 is a splendid one to beholdtip49 is a splendid one to beholdtip49 is a splendid one to beholdtip49 is a splendid one to beholdtip49 is a splendid one to behold
Will miss your posts Jim

I usually visit my Mother every 10-12 days; she lives 2 hrs away so I cruise up in the old truck whenever I can. At 93 we are blessed that she still recognizes me and we can have a conversation ( sometimes the same one every 1/2 hr)

Hope your health improves with rest Jim so you can enjoy that truck of yours.
Old 10-19-2017, 09:36 PM
Post Fiend

abe has a brilliant futureabe has a brilliant futureabe has a brilliant futureabe has a brilliant futureabe has a brilliant futureabe has a brilliant futureabe has a brilliant futureabe has a brilliant futureabe has a brilliant futureabe has a brilliant futureabe has a brilliant future
Jim, no need to apologise! We are just glad you are okay. Thanks for letting us know.
Old 10-19-2017, 09:41 PM
Post Fiend

Tedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputation
You're a good son Jim, when they are gone it's too late to wish we had said or done things different.
Old 10-19-2017, 09:43 PM
Roast em' if you got 'em

bobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant future
Jimmie,
No worries my good man. Sometimes life happens and we have to put some of our hobbies on the back burner.
I'm in the same boat. My aging father is also having some health issues. I've been spending much of my spare time at his house helping him out. I usually spend one day out of every weekend at his place, we visit, do chores, run errands, etc.
Its been great!
Oh sure, I've missed out on some truck events and not had much time to put into my projects but I wouldn't trade a second of it. Enjoy it while you can.

When your life settles down, we'll still be around.
Bobby
Old 10-19-2017, 09:46 PM
Postmaster

jniolon has much to be proud ofjniolon has much to be proud ofjniolon has much to be proud ofjniolon has much to be proud ofjniolon has much to be proud ofjniolon has much to be proud ofjniolon has much to be proud ofjniolon has much to be proud ofjniolon has much to be proud ofjniolon has much to be proud of
Jimmy, your worries are unfounded... each of us has their own wagons to pull and responsibilities that we have to deal with. Your post count and hovering over your little green boxes in the corner say you have 'a superb reputation' . All of your posts are intelligent, helpful, sometimes humorous, you can tell you put a lot of thought into what you put out there... and they are always excellent to read. We all know that you really enjoy our shared addiction and do all you can to help us all do it better. Besides, you don't need to worry about us batch of near-do-wells cause we're gonna screw up with or without you !! I check this site first thing every morning but sometimes it's a week or more before I post. Doesn't mean I don't care or love it... just means something else has priority.

You have your priorities in order... your health, the welfare of your mom (don't ever slack off there) and a blessed life... anyone who doesn't put those first has the problem not you. You are definitely one of the reasons this board thrives.. and it's because you're the way you are... Keep on keeping on, brother... we'll smile every time we see your byline... whether it's daily or weekly...

john
Old 10-19-2017, 11:37 PM
Postmaster

Jeff and Nicolle is a splendid one to beholdJeff and Nicolle is a splendid one to beholdJeff and Nicolle is a splendid one to beholdJeff and Nicolle is a splendid one to beholdJeff and Nicolle is a splendid one to beholdJeff and Nicolle is a splendid one to behold
Who disappeared from the site?
Old 10-20-2017, 01:20 AM
Postmaster

FortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud of
Glad you are still with us, Jimmy, however you are able to be present. Be strong!
Old 10-20-2017, 01:25 AM
Posting Guru

Mervy49 is a name known to allMervy49 is a name known to allMervy49 is a name known to allMervy49 is a name known to allMervy49 is a name known to allMervy49 is a name known to all
Your a great friend here Jimmy, and by the responses expressed you have many friends here also. We all understand. I love your posts. I feel much the same, I just don't express myself as well as you do. Cheers, and I suspect you'll be around.
Old 10-20-2017, 03:43 AM
Senior User

burnettd01 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.burnettd01 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Jimmy
Hope all is well with your mom. We need to get together soon.

I am currently in Italy visiting my grandaughter and her husband who is stationed at an Italian Air Force Base.

Went to Rome, which is quite a city, but the traffic is scary. Scooters every where. Wouldn't want to drive an old Ford truck here - too big - might get crunched.

I am learning to drive like the Italians do. One hand on the steering wheel and the other on the horn.

Check the site whenever I have Wi-Fi.

Hope all is well

Chow for now

Dan
Old 10-20-2017, 04:06 AM
Elder User

1949f1 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.1949f1 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Your posts have helped me out many times and I thank you for that. I too take care of my mother who is 82 and gets around pretty well but at times it keeps me busy. I am glad you are safe from the fires. That was an horrible ordeal