1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

O.T. Apology for my non participation.

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2017, 11:52 PM
tip49
Cargo Master
Received 137 Likes on 77 Posts
Really?

Originally Posted by joe black
good grief jim time for you to just man up and quit this apoliging every time you go to the rest room. nobody cares if you participate or not.. good grief whats happening to this site.
At first I thought this was a joke. Then I dug a little deeper. I quess any kind of attention works for some; just not here.

Ignored

Old 10-21-2017, 10:11 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,841 Likes on 1,840 Posts
Originally Posted by tip49
At first I thought this was a joke. Then I dug a little deeper. I quess any kind of attention works for some; just not here.

Ignored
I'm with you. When I first saw his post I was shocked and figured it was probably some good natured, sarcastic ribbing between friends. It took me a while to realize he was serious.
Looking back at some of his history I think that the "ignore" option is a great way to handle this.

We don't need this kind of irritation (especially when its directed at one of the most generous guys on this site......we're here for you Jimmy)

Bobby

Old 10-21-2017, 11:06 PM
underthebridgejim
FTE fan
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Heah guys, Joe isn't exactly new to me, and the only thing that concerned me was that one person could possibly bring the hate that resides on so many other sites, to our wonderful little slice of the internet. Its no secret that I was no angel for the first 40 years of my life, so I'm not the one to judge anyone, I just try to respond with kindness (which I admit was not my first thought lol). I truly believe that haters and trolls don't stick around here long, it's to boring for them I guess. This site is so, so, special, please don't let an occasional post we may find distasteful change who we are. "KEEP ON ROCKIN ON"

Old 10-22-2017, 08:00 AM
49f3dls
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well said Jimmy. Our past and how we handle it makes us who we are today. As far as I’ve seen you are someone I’m proud to know.
Hope mom and you get healthy soon

Old 10-22-2017, 10:01 AM
Jeff and Nicolle
Logistics Pro
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
good grief jim time for you to just man up and quit this apoliging every time you go to the rest room. nobody cares if you participate or not.. good grief whats happening to this site.
I never say anything negative here, but I am going to today.

My first thought here on Joe Black....Is this Julie/Dan?? slid under the radar, back here??
Hey Joe Black, those red lines under your typed words mean that you may have spelled a word incorrectly. Kinda makes you look...well...like you dropped out of school in 3rd grade.
We care about Jim, I care about Jim. He is a positive contributer here, he is a nice guy.
You struck a nerve here, with many of us in this forum.
You come here seeking information on something, ask your questions and be courteous. Plain and simple. Comment on anything here as you wish, in a positive manner, heck you can even crack a joke here and there, That's all cool!
I read through some of your posts...It's not all about you and what you want.
I'm thinking you are not happy with yourself, and you bash others to make yourself feel better.
If you like drama, get out of your Mom's basement, sign up on Twitter or Facebook. There are lots of other teenager's just like you. Take a minute to learn how to spell too!
I'm sure you will PM me and get hand cramps typing a nice Jab at me. I will probably comment once or twice, but at least I said what needed to be said.
While your skin is boiling, trying to stir up another texting war, I will be out doing anything I can to enjoy life, without abusing my yard dog for breaking his 5' long mini chain attached to his doghouse.
Nobody here, on this forum, wants to deal with A$$Wipes like you.
If I had the authority, I would simply ban you from here, effective immediately....now quit clenching your teeth...calm down and try to work on the spelling in your reply to this. JACKWAD...

Old 10-22-2017, 10:15 AM
49f3dls
Posting Guru
Jeff don’t hold back, tell us how you really feel. Personally I think you hit the nail on the head and will bet no one hears from this turkey.

Old 10-22-2017, 10:30 PM
Fomoko1
Received 1,353 Likes on 1,112 Posts
A warm welcome back Jim, here`s to good health for you and your mom!
Totally uncalled for by anyone and more so by a member that last posted in this forum on 02-23-2014, 12:51 PM.
Appears to me that you`re that one that makes rude comments and should be apologising, you`re now one step closer to that one way out door.
Well said Jeff!

Old 10-23-2017, 02:33 AM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
good grief whats happening to this site.
It's called compassion and caring for a fellow brother. Nothing to get all sand-in-your-britches like.

Originally Posted by Fomoko1
Totally uncalled for
Yes indeed, Morris, yes indeed.

Stewart

Old 10-23-2017, 11:30 PM
Silver54
More Turbo
Hopefully you are back at it soon Jim, always good to have you hanging around on the site even if it is to hang out and do some reading! You take care and get better soon!

Old 10-24-2017, 12:23 PM
pweng1
Fleet Mechanic
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Recently Jim paid me a great compliment on my build thread and this was my reply as i still feel today. "Thank you Jim. You are always known on here for your great words of encouragement and sometimes that's the difference needed between finishing our trucks or becoming overwhelmed". It was great to see all you gentlemen rally around one of our own. Jim is right we have a great group of guys here.

Old 10-25-2017, 12:21 AM
eman92082
Cargo Master
Received 34 Likes on 12 Posts
Always appreciate Jim's posts. Go away Troll.

Old 10-25-2017, 09:55 AM
schoo
Logistics Pro
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Here is a pic I took of Dan and Jim a year or so ago

In a situation like this just post a pic

Old 10-25-2017, 11:53 AM
filthy6
Elder User
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
So sorry to hear that UnderthebridgeJim is UndertheweatherJim! I always enjoy your uplifting remarks and information. Well wishes to you and your mother.

Old 10-25-2017, 05:18 PM
Jolly Roger Joe
Lead Driver
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Hello Jimmy.

I read through this thread tonight, as I really have not been following this forum much lately. Since I got my new-fangled truck, I'm spending more time on the 61-66 forum and only get back here occasionally.

The hair on my neck bristled when I read that comment from Joe Black. Good thing there are plenty of "good Joe's" on here to make up for him. I also noticed he hasn't been back to defend his rudeness.

I just wanted to say that your posts are always the most positive, uplifting words I have seen on FTE. I want to thank you for all the kind words you've sent my way.

And, while there are a bunch of knowledgeable, helpful folks on that other forum, I have to say it is nowhere near the family on this forum. Just as an example, if I updated a thread on this forum tonight, by tomorrow it would be off the first page. On the other forum, my posts remain on the first page for several days without an update. Just not the same kind of traffic or interest. I have to believe this icon is a result of this forum.

Old 10-25-2017, 07:18 PM
abe
One Meadow Green Owner

Received 2,616 Likes on 1,456 Posts
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger Joe
Hello Jimmy.

I read through this thread tonight, as I really have not been following this forum much lately. Since I got my new-fangled truck, I'm spending more time on the 61-66 forum and only get back here occasionally.

The hair on my neck bristled when I read that comment from Joe Black. Good thing there are plenty of "good Joe's" on here to make up for him. I also noticed he hasn't been back to defend his rudeness.

I just wanted to say that your posts are always the most positive, uplifting words I have seen on FTE. I want to thank you for all the kind words you've sent my way.

And, while there are a bunch of knowledgeable, helpful folks on that other forum, I have to say it is nowhere near the family on this forum. Just as an example, if I updated a thread on this forum tonight, by tomorrow it would be off the first page. On the other forum, my posts remain on the first page for several days without an update. Just not the same kind of traffic or interest. I have to believe this icon is a result of this forum.
Amen to what you said, Joe! Both about Jim and about our 48-56 forum! Did you ever look at the main forum listing and see how many members are viewing the forums at that time? 48 to 56 usually one of the most visited.