2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Rhino or LineX

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2017, 12:20 PM
Tact
More Turbo
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Rhino or LineX

Searched and I cannot find another thread regarding which bed liner is better. So I need opinions.

I just bought a 2017 F250 Lariat and I need to install a gooseneck hitch and bed liner. Hitch I'm going with a B&W, but I cannot seem to decide on Rhino or Line X.

I like them both, but I've heard Line X is more durable and harder. I like Rhino because it offers a softer feel and things would not have a tendency to slide all over the bed. I hated that with my previous liner when I had my 2003 F250.

So who likes which one, and for what reasons over the other? I know I can get a Rhino installed for less than Line X. Both have a lifetime warranty.

Old 10-16-2017, 12:28 PM
RugbyRef
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I prefer LineX for the reasons you mentioned, and...I find that when I have stuff in the bed of the truck it doesn't slide around much. My guess is probably due to the non-skid material they put in the mix. I had Rhino in my last truck and it cracked in three places. Of course, the warranty covered it, but thought I would try LineX this time around.

Tim

Old 10-16-2017, 12:29 PM
shortride
Posting Guru
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Depends who you ask. I would guess that you would hear more choices for Line-X. I may be wrong but I would bet on it. I've got Line-X in the bed of my Platinum FX4.

Old 10-16-2017, 12:31 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts
of what ive seen on threads elsewhere theyre about equal to each other as far as durability and fade resistance. the only difference ive seen seems to be in the price itself. if its not prepped properly youll have problems with either of them.. one suggestion i would have though is to have the gooseneck hitch installed first so that you get all the holes predrilled and uninstall it before taking it in to have the liner done.. that way the edges of the new holes also get coated for environmental protection.

Old 10-16-2017, 12:34 PM
Tom N OH
More Turbo
Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts
I have the Rhino in my 2012, Line-x in the truck’s at work. My 2017 will be getting a Rhino. Never had an issue on the ‘12. Softer on the hands & knees if you have to crawl on it, things don’t slide around, and deadens the noise better. I had the guy spray the inside of the wheel wells on the ‘12 too. Keeps down the noise when rocks come out of the tires. I’ll be doing that on the ‘17 also.

Old 10-16-2017, 01:18 PM
JeepPuller
Fleet Mechanic
Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts
Prep is everything with a lining.

I've had Rhino inside my Jeep for going on 12 years now; no issues with it at all. It does see a different kind of abuse/use, but it has held up nicely.

I have always used Line-x in my truck beds; I just like it better for the truck bed. I did gouge the Line-x in my 2009 F150 once while loading a yard implement in the bed, but that was the only time I ever had an issue.

My vote is Line-x, but find a shop with a good rep for prep work.

Old 10-16-2017, 01:27 PM
PwerStroke99
Cargo Master
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I have had both an prefer Rhino. That's what I have in my current truck. Softer, durable, and like said above, easier on the knees when crawling around on it, and things don't slide around as well

Old 10-16-2017, 03:51 PM
On Holiday
Tuned
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
I have line-x in my 2004 Dodge and Rhino in my 2003 Ford, the line-x is blacker in color but that may be in part to having a solid tonneu cover over top while my Rhino liner faded since it was new as it was open to the elements. As far as one being more slippery than the other, I would say line-x is. I put the Rhino liner in my truck and choose Rhino over Line-X because the local Rhino dealer was closer than the local Line-X dealer. The Dodge already had the liner in when we obtained the truck.

Old 10-16-2017, 04:24 PM
gascan
Laughing Gas
Received 104 Likes on 36 Posts
Either is a good choice - personal preference.

Old 10-16-2017, 05:40 PM
Robb81
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've had both, I'll echo that the softer Rhino is nicer on the knees and cargo does not slide around as much.
I also think the Rhino is more likely to tear or get gouged.

May not be any difference, but due to the aluminum bed I chose LineX because I thought the harder material might protect better against dents.

But it probably doesn't make much difference.

Old 10-16-2017, 05:53 PM
ncl
Fleet Mechanic
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I had a linex in my my Ram and I liked it. Pretty slippery when wet though but what isnt. I also like that it is a harder material and is more resistant to gouges. I have the factory bed liner on my ford and it seems right on par with the linex in thickness and hardness. I also think the linex is more pleasing to the eye as well. I woukd think either would be good though. Only thing I wish Ford would have carried the liner all the way to under side of tailgate and also down where the tailgate and bed meet. The linex I had sprayed was that way and it was nice.

Old 10-16-2017, 07:02 PM
slapshot12
More Turbo
Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts
I'm on truck #3 with LineX. The previous 2 have held up really well. They have all had bed covers, so the bed liber stays looking new. I had Rhino on one of my previous work trucks and it faded pretty bad. Had my new truck sprayed at LineX last week and it looks great, they've always done great work on my trucks.

Old 10-16-2017, 07:25 PM
Americal_Vet
Junior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've had both with equal results. As mentioned by others, prep is the key.

Old 10-16-2017, 07:29 PM
ChrisGTA
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had Rhino in my 01 F350. It was smooth which was nice to the touch but was slippery when wet. I once hauled a barrel of water without strapping it down. It slid to the other side of the truck with enough force to bend the bed cap. I did gouge it in several places but I was very rough with it. Most damage was from sliding angle iron in. It turned chalkie after a couple of years.
I had ProLiner in my 07 GMC 2500. It had a very rough rough texture. I made the mistake of having the bed caps sprayed and it would scratch the crap out of your arms when you reach into the bed. It got chalkie pretty quickly and held a lot of dirt and water so it always looked dirty. Durability wise I would say it was equal to the Rhino liner. I gouged it same as the Rhino.
I have LineX premium in my current truck. I can't give you any useful info about durability yet. It looks nicer than the other two did when new and the texture is right in between Rhino and ProLiner which should be about right.

Old 10-16-2017, 08:13 PM
Strokin-A-2010
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
All I’ve ever had is Line X and I got it again but this time I did color matching with the caribou color.

Quick Reply: Rhino or LineX