Adaptive Cruise Control ?'s - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adaptive Cruise Control ?'s

Old 10-13-2017, 06:05 AM
Senior User

rick danger is starting off with a positive reputation.
One of the big reasons for switching from chevy. Bought a bwm with it and LOVE it.
Old 10-13-2017, 07:31 AM
Tim

RugbyRef is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.RugbyRef is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Agree with (almost) all of the above! Love the fact that I can adjust the distance as well.
Old 10-13-2017, 08:13 AM
Freshman User

rwtdct is starting off with a positive reputation.
I love it but when I get into one of my other vehicles that doesn't have it I have to be careful.

It does have one glitch I don't like, it has happen a couple times......three lane highway going up hill approaching a slower semi on slight turn (just happened yesterday) my truck slammed the brakes on me. The person behind me didn't appreciate it. The same has happen on freeways, it seems to happen on slight turns approaching slower vehicles.
Old 10-13-2017, 08:14 AM
Posting Guru

shortride has a good reputation on FTE.shortride has a good reputation on FTE.
The Adaptive Cruise Control in my 2017 Super Duty F-250 Platinum FX4 is one of the best and worthwhile feature on my truck. I use it all of the time on the highway and sometime while in-town driving.
Old 10-13-2017, 09:18 AM
Senior User

SESWIM is starting off with a positive reputation.
Yep to all the above. It is a GREAT feature. Like one poster mentioned, you have to be careful getting back in a vehicle that doesn't have it. You get used to it and it spoils you.

Sam
Old 10-13-2017, 09:22 AM
Elder User

Mud Doc is starting off with a positive reputation.
I really like it in my 450--but it does make you wonder why you are slowing down from set speed as you catch up to other vehicles. Just takes getting used to, luckily my wife's MKX has it also.
Old 10-13-2017, 10:08 AM
Freshman User

blousteau is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SESWIM View Post
Yep to all the above. It is a GREAT feature. Like one poster mentioned, you have to be careful getting back in a vehicle that doesn't have it. You get used to it and it spoils you.

Sam

Wife's Highlander has it, I didn't care for it. Went on a long trip and with any kind of traffic it kept putting us back farther in the pack every time someone jumped in front of us, would floor it when you went around someone and not slow you down in a gentle manner when you came up on the car in front of you. Kind of scary but I guess I am just not ready to relinquish control to the computer! Didn't get it on my 250. To each his own I guess.

Now the Adaptive Steering - I would never live without that now!
Old 10-13-2017, 10:11 AM
Junior User

giant futon is starting off with a positive reputation.
i've had really good experience with my Adaptive Cruise control but it did take some getting used to. I understand that the sensors will sometimes overreact and this may be due to the range of the sensors themselves. Since they cannot look farther ahead then there may be some software at work compensating for when unique situations do arise.

I will say that I have found myself getting tricked by the Adaptive Cruise on longer drives. When the car in front of me is ever so slightly decelerating then I sometimes don't realize it, but have dropped speed off by between 5-7 mph. This isn't the system's fault, it's just something that I have to pay attention to or I find myself creeping along with creepers

One disadvantage of the Adaptive Cruise is for the guys who want to mount a winch on the front of the truck. The system sensor is covered by most of the typical winch mounting options. The few that don't are fairly expensive.

all the best
GF
Old 10-13-2017, 12:05 PM
Junior User

puddintank is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
If I understand correctly, the 2017 adaptive cruise doesn't have the stop-and-go feature. The 2018 F150 will get it. Do we know yet if the 2018 Super Duty will also get updated adaptive cruise that supports stop-and-go?
Old 10-13-2017, 12:10 PM
New User

teamricker is starting off with a positive reputation.
Should be standard equipment on every car made.
Old 10-13-2017, 12:26 PM
Senior User

tony m 6.7 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Definitely worth it! Might help your resale value also.
Old 10-13-2017, 12:34 PM
Posting Guru

PwerStroke99 has a very good reputation on FTE.PwerStroke99 has a very good reputation on FTE.PwerStroke99 has a very good reputation on FTE.
I absolutely love it. Use it quite often driving through town on the interstate, it adjusts pretty well, sometimes it is pretty sensitive. It was a must have for me.
Old 10-13-2017, 12:43 PM
Senior User

DISLTom is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLex View Post
Compared to the system in my Subaru, the Ford system is just inferior.
I'm with you. I think if these folks had used Eyesight for some time they'd be very unhappy with Ford's implementation.

I don't think anyone out there makes a system as good as Subaru.
Old 10-13-2017, 12:51 PM
Senior User

SESWIM is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blousteau View Post
Wife's Highlander has it, I didn't care for it. Went on a long trip and with any kind of traffic it kept putting us back farther in the pack every time someone jumped in front of us, would floor it when you went around someone and not slow you down in a gentle manner when you came up on the car in front of you. Kind of scary but I guess I am just not ready to relinquish control to the computer! Didn't get it on my 250. To each his own I guess.

Now the Adaptive Steering - I would never live without that now!

Yes it does take some getting used to. The leap frog dilemma is frustrating. I will just override the ACC and speed up and then let it take back over when experiencing heavy traffic.

Sam
Old 10-13-2017, 02:47 PM
Junior User

fleming23 is starting off with a positive reputation.
One other nuance I failed to mention is how the truck will apply brakes way more often than you would in a normal driving situation. I find myself often following vehicles (currently most likely without any sort of adaptive cruise) braking in situations where they should not be on the brake. I tend to be an overly aggressive driver anyway but that sort of thing annoys me to no end. Then I get in my truck and hit the adaptive to keep my speeds in check and it does the same thing...