Dry Camping/Battery Charging Questions - Page 4 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Dry Camping/Battery Charging Questions

Old 10-19-2017, 12:23 PM
Elder User

AMXDREAMER is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.AMXDREAMER is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Your fridge won't be working as hard to keep the beer cold! lol
Old 10-19-2017, 02:46 PM
Too old to be too smart

SpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by andym View Post
If you need to stop and do laundry after two days on the road, you need to buy a couple more pairs of socks and underwear.
Agreed!

I keep twelve sets of jockey shorts and twelve pairs of new white cotton socks in the RV trailer at all times. These are just for traveling.

Rarely need to do laundry on the road.

Can't have too much of this stuff......

Pop
Old 10-19-2017, 03:38 PM
Postmaster

Chuck's First Ford has a good reputation on FTE.Chuck's First Ford has a good reputation on FTE.
10 to 15 sets of socks
10 to 15 shorts.
20 plus "T" shirts...

I do the washing after I arrive and have setup trailer.. maybe. unless I can see the bottom of the Drawer.
Old 10-19-2017, 05:33 PM
Freshman User

rcorkum4 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Towing in the snow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringerPop View Post
Agreed!

I keep twelve sets of jockey shorts and twelve pairs of new white cotton socks in the RV trailer at all times. These are just for traveling.

Rarely need to do laundry on the road.

Can't have too much of this stuff......

Pop
When towing in the snow, double up on the undershorts. 😖
Old 10-19-2017, 08:50 PM
Post Fiend

seventyseven250 has much to be proud ofseventyseven250 has much to be proud ofseventyseven250 has much to be proud ofseventyseven250 has much to be proud ofseventyseven250 has much to be proud ofseventyseven250 has much to be proud ofseventyseven250 has much to be proud ofseventyseven250 has much to be proud ofseventyseven250 has much to be proud ofseventyseven250 has much to be proud of
Or wear none and save the laundry?!
Old 10-19-2017, 09:07 PM
Post Fiend

andym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by seventyseven250 View Post
Or wear none and save the laundry?!
You're not allowed to camp next to me!
Old Yesterday, 05:39 AM
Senior User

EDC8008 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Normally it's not bad towing in the winter, I've been back and forth with either tools or pulling the Prowler and I've only had issues twice in all my years of traveling and both of those were on the same section of I 80 between between Cheyenne and Laramie. Both times were pulling my tool trailer. If you stay on the interstates it's normally better but like I previously said sometimes the weather will get you. Just be sure and give yourself extra time and be ready to slow down and definitely give yourself extra following distance. When I was working in Canada the weather didn't stop them.

Just be advised that sometimes they close the highways or state DOT can require extra chains when towing. Also many RV parks in the north shut down in winter time or you may need a heated hose for fresh water.
Old Yesterday, 08:33 AM
Senior User

JayTheCPA is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Find out if any of the States use brine. If so and you are on the highway when there is snow / ice in the forecast (or even after the storm passed), plan on giving the truck and trailer a monsoon type soaking from underneath to limit the corrosion that the stuff does.

Tell-tale that there is brine on the road prior to a storm is that it looks like several white chalk lines sprayed across the lane.

Just read where Vermont passed a law that barred its highway crews from using brine.