General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Are people serious about announcing "pronouns" at work meetings?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 11:22 AM
sky Cowboy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 250 Likes on 177 Posts
Originally Posted by troverman
All of this would be perfectly acceptable if you announce you are 'transitioning' lol.
Lol....maybe tomorrow I should start on it then.
Wonder what my wife will say hmmm

The problem with many of the people who want freedom and say do not hate, is they hate the most of all. Its just they want it to be hatred of what they personally do not like. The homosexuals say things like, oh just let us live our lives. Then they criticize those who are not gay, or give them extra special treatment the rest of us do not have.
In your cake example you are so correct. Any restaurant, bakery, hotel etc always had the right to refuse service before. They still do if it is just me the heterosexual guy. But the homosexual guy has to get special treatment and if he doesn't he sues. I've been refused service at a restaurant, and instead of my taking them to court, I just left and ate elsewhere. If a bakery refused to make me a cake, then I would just use a different bakery. But i am a regular guy who doesn't feel some weird sense of entitlement.
I do not attend Heterosexual pride parades, or other things.
Just peacefully go on about my life!

Old 11-03-2017, 11:31 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 533 Likes on 257 Posts
Originally Posted by sky Cowboy
...Any restaurant, bakery, hotel etc always had the right to refuse service before. They still do if it is just me the heterosexual guy. But the homosexual guy has to get special treatment and if he doesn't he sues. I've been refused service at a restaurant, and instead of my taking thrm to court, I nust left and ate elsewhere. If a bakery refused to make me a cake, then I would just use a different bakery.
That's the thing. These gays decided they want a wedding cake, go to a bakery, the bakery politely declines. A normal person would just try a different bakery, but instead they sue. Shouldn't the case be thrown out on sheer stupidity?

Old 11-03-2017, 01:18 PM
Tedster9
Post Fiend
Received 66 Likes on 65 Posts
Worse than that, they went to dozens if not hundreds of bakeries to finally find one that declined. Then the press ramps everything up to eleventy.

"We just want to be left alone" they said. Doesn't seem like it.

Old 11-03-2017, 09:32 PM
old farm truck
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The end goal here is to normalize the obscene and emasculate the people by destroying their sense of decency.

Old 11-04-2017, 12:01 PM
sky Cowboy
FTE Chapter Leader

I am a simple guy who just continues on as I always have.

Old 11-08-2017, 11:37 AM
Countryford83
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm coming in a little late to this post, but thought I should add to it.

First I'm going to start off talking about myself. I am a 34 year old male who happens to be gay. I grew up in a Christian home with a mother father and one sister. I was taught that it was wrong to be gay. I was never abused physically or sexually as a child. I was close to both of my parents like any child. I would help my dad work on cars. As I started growing, I realized that something was different about me. At the time I didn't know what it was. Eventually, as a teen, I realized that I happened to like guys. Since I was raised that being gay was a sin, I struggled with it for some time. I finally got to the point, where I didn't give a f*** what others thought. Looking back on some things that happened when I was, as young as 5-6(I'm not going into detail) but I now see that they were signs that I was gay, even at that age. At the time I didn't know what they meant.
I'm going on almost 10 years with the guy, who I now call my husband. We are going on 3 years as married. If I were to chat with anyone of you and you had no clue that I was gay, you probably wouldn't know it by just chatting with me. Same with my husband. We are both guys that just happen to like guys. I work in a prison and have for 12 years now. He was an electrician, on disability now because of a bad lower back.
Now to go with the original topic. Even I don't quite understand transgender. I've never felt the need or desire to be a woman. I'm happy being a guy. I'll even admit that I'm mixed on feelings on the bathroom debate and the pronoun debate.
I've known several that are either transitioning or have transitioned. The first one was a female to a male. He was already transitioned to a male(not sure about all the parts) when I met him. Looking at him, I wasn't able to tell that he was originally a female. He is married to a female.
Another one is also the same, female to a male. He actually works here at the prison with me. He even transitioned while working at the prison(before I met him). Again, I wouldn't have been able to tell. A couple others are inmates that I've had to deal with, while working at the prison. I'm currently at a female prison and we do have one inmate that is transitioning to a male. Full facial hair and no more breasts. From what I understand, still the lower female parts. I have worked with the male inmates and we do have several male inmates that are either transitioning or have transitioned to females. I'm not sure if they still have all their male parts, but they do have breasts. Definitely popular among the other inmates. With the exception of the inmates, I don't care who they were or who they are now. Treat me with respect, I'll respond in same.

In respect to the bakers refusing to bake the cake for the gay couple, I didn't really follow all that so not sure of all the details. In someone's response they wrote that they "couldn't" bake the cake. They could bake the cake, its more that they "wouldn't" bake the cake. Personally if I went somewhere to get a cake for a gay wedding and they told me they didn't cater to a gay wedding, I probably would just go someplace else. I'd probably then leave a bad review and tell my friends to not go there, but I wouldn't sue. That is if they told me when I went to order it and not the day of the event, when I went to pick it up.

I know that my reply has been long. I know I'm not going to change anyone's mind and really don't care. I just thought I would share my experiences on these issues.

Old 11-10-2017, 01:05 PM
sky Cowboy
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by Countryford83
I'm coming in a little late to this post, but thought I should add to it.

First I'm going to start off talking about myself. I am a 34 year old male who happens to be gay. I grew up in a Christian home with a mother father and one sister. I was taught that it was wrong to be gay. I was never abused physically or sexually as a child. I was close to both of my parents like any child. I would help my dad work on cars. As I started growing, I realized that something was different about me. At the time I didn't know what it was. Eventually, as a teen, I realized that I happened to like guys. Since I was raised that being gay was a sin, I struggled with it for some time. I finally got to the point, where I didn't give a f*** what others thought. Looking back on some things that happened when I was, as young as 5-6(I'm not going into detail) but I now see that they were signs that I was gay, even at that age. At the time I didn't know what they meant.
I'm going on almost 10 years with the guy, who I now call my husband. We are going on 3 years as married. If I were to chat with anyone of you and you had no clue that I was gay, you probably wouldn't know it by just chatting with me. Same with my husband. We are both guys that just happen to like guys. I work in a prison and have for 12 years now. He was an electrician, on disability now because of a bad lower back.
Now to go with the original topic. Even I don't quite understand transgender. I've never felt the need or desire to be a woman. I'm happy being a guy. I'll even admit that I'm mixed on feelings on the bathroom debate and the pronoun debate.
I've known several that are either transitioning or have transitioned. The first one was a female to a male. He was already transitioned to a male(not sure about all the parts) when I met him. Looking at him, I wasn't able to tell that he was originally a female. He is married to a female.
Another one is also the same, female to a male. He actually works here at the prison with me. He even transitioned while working at the prison(before I met him). Again, I wouldn't have been able to tell. A couple others are inmates that I've had to deal with, while working at the prison. I'm currently at a female prison and we do have one inmate that is transitioning to a male. Full facial hair and no more breasts. From what I understand, still the lower female parts. I have worked with the male inmates and we do have several male inmates that are either transitioning or have transitioned to females. I'm not sure if they still have all their male parts, but they do have breasts. Definitely popular among the other inmates. With the exception of the inmates, I don't care who they were or who they are now. Treat me with respect, I'll respond in same.

In respect to the bakers refusing to bake the cake for the gay couple, I didn't really follow all that so not sure of all the details. In someone's response they wrote that they "couldn't" bake the cake. They could bake the cake, its more that they "wouldn't" bake the cake. Personally if I went somewhere to get a cake for a gay wedding and they told me they didn't cater to a gay wedding, I probably would just go someplace else. I'd probably then leave a bad review and tell my friends to not go there, but I wouldn't sue. That is if they told me when I went to order it and not the day of the event, when I went to pick it up.

I know that my reply has been long. I know I'm not going to change anyone's mind and really don't care. I just thought I would share my experiences on these issues.
Hi CountryFord.
Good post, and I personally don't have a problem with people who are gay, unless they expect to be treated special, and get extras that the rest donl not. Then I have a problem with them, as I would with any group who thinks that they should get special treatment. I have 2 good friends that are gay, one male, and one female. One of my top employees is also gay, and she is frigging awesome. But none of them expect to be given special treatment just because they are not heterosexual. At work the woman uses the women's washroom, and she is not preaching to the other staff that they should become lesbians because it is better, or anything else.
Actually while she doesn't keep it a secret, you could probably work alongside her for many months and never know. I've been on camping and motorcycle trips with my friend, and never felt weird sharing a tent with him or anything else. But he doesn't make his choice of sexuality an issue with any of us who know him. To me he is just another good friend.
The female friend is actually very outspoken about how ridiculous it is for lesbians to think they are special and deserve some extra special treatment.
She is just a very cool gal who is quick to make a joke, super intelligent and interesting. She just happens to have a girlfriend instead of a boyfriend, otherwise all i see is a regular woman. I am very politically incorrect in some of what I say, and on a recent motorcycle ride with her I told her that her "*** looks damn fine in those leather pants" She just smiled and said thanks.
I ride with her a lot, and she is one of my very favorite people to ride with, or grab a meal with. My only problem with her is that she sometimes makes me laugh to much so i am crying and laughing uncontrollably in a restaurant trying to eat.

Old 11-19-2017, 01:18 AM
ExDakotaOwner
Logistics Pro
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
the problem is not their choices

the problem is the world needs to revolve around them and we need to hear it 300x a day. And goodness if you say no to them.

Old 02-18-2019, 07:29 PM
Korn_kid_12
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Prius

I saw a bumper sticker recently and wished it was a dpf deleted diesel truck. It said "I identify as a prius". It was on a suburban with a huge lift and 37's. LoL I couldn't have painted the picture more clearly.

Old 02-18-2019, 08:08 PM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 533 Likes on 257 Posts
Originally Posted by Korn_kid_12
I saw a bumper sticker recently and wished it was a dpf deleted diesel truck. It said "I identify as a prius". It was on a suburban with a huge lift and 37's. LoL I couldn't have painted the picture more clearly.
That is truly hilarious!

Old 02-18-2019, 08:14 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
“Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are.” - Wayne Dyer

“Judging others makes us blind, whereas love is illuminating. By judging others we blind ourselves to our own evil and to the grace which others are just as entitled to as we are.” - Dietrich Bonhoeffer