General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Are people serious about announcing "pronouns" at work meetings?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2017, 12:08 AM
roadpilot
Laughing Gas
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by old farm truck
If perverts were born that way then nature would have weeded them out by now.
Nature is trying ... the problem is, there are many!

Old 10-14-2017, 10:40 AM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
I wonder why some seem to be so sensitive to issues like these,yet others of us find them as issues not to be so concerned with? It's not exactly upbringing is it? I wasn't raised either way about such people.I've never known any (to my knowledge). Perhaps I have enough on my shoulders,I don't need anymore weight of others and their actions and this is why I've been of the mentality of,live and let live.I confess to not understand many things in life,such as this or being gay for another example (I use this one as it seems to be another commonly sensitivity issue for many).I hit puberty and the look of the girl struck me like most boys and hard. But others living their lifestyles,no matter what it may be,just hasn't ever offended me any,even if I can't understand it.I don't know what makes many of us primarily different in this regard but I can tell you this,not being overly sensitive or worried about what others do or don't do,has always allowed me to enjoy life to it's fullest.
I walk mother earth,primarily as a lone wolf anyway,so no particular type of people,do I seem to gravitate towards anymore than I shy away from.I dunno.It is interesting.I welcome more to be like me if possible,because it's much less stressful to let others walk their own path without judgement.

Old 10-14-2017, 12:09 PM
roadpilot
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by FORDF250HDXLT
I wonder why some seem to be so sensitive to issues like these ...
You're right. Some people are overly sensitive to issues like these. Based on your long ramblings and diatribes, we've clearly identified one of those overly sensitive types.

As Elsa would say: Let it go.

Old 10-14-2017, 12:58 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by roadpilot
You're right. Some people are overly sensitive to issues like these. Based on your long ramblings and diatribes, we've clearly identified one of those overly sensitive types.

I was under the impression this was for the both of us:

You can believe what you want to believe, FORDF250HDXLT, and I will believe what I want to believe. That's the beauty of living in this great country. Peace out.
Though because now,you don't share my views,this is no longer the case?

I dunno who that is but a quick google suggests your quoting a children's movie?

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Abraham Lincoln

Old 10-14-2017, 03:04 PM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 534 Likes on 258 Posts
F250HD, I don't know you but I don't wish any harm to come to you and I hope you can find happiness in your life. We have very different views. My suggestion would be counseling...perhaps trying to embrace the fact that you actually are male and enjoy it. Want to hang out with the girls? Go for it! But even if you "transition" into pretending to be a woman...even if you have surgeries and hormones...you're still a man. You're not having any kids. You won't experience female issues. To me, that would be living a total lie.

People can convince themselves they are afflicted with many different ailments. The mind is a powerful thing. Perhaps you convinced yourself you need to be a girl, and became caught up in all the hype of the latest trend. Good counseling can reverse this.

You mention making king fun of someone who is mentally handicapped or gay. I don't believe people are born gay. I think there is such a thing as people potentially being attracted to others of the same sex, but normal people would quickly move on and realize that homosexuality is pretty disgusting and nothing nature intended. I can't begin to understand how people think "gay" is OK, except for the fact that they have been systematically desensitized by the media for years now...and transgender is the latest thing that makes gay seem less bad.

I earned an economics degree in college, but nearly completed a psychology degree as well. My opinion is that homosexuality and gender disphoria are both mental health issues that should be treated as such. The medical and psychology fields agreed with me for many years as well before it apparently became easier to simply rewrite the book than treat people.

Old 10-14-2017, 03:19 PM
roadpilot
Laughing Gas
I was under the impression this was for the both of us:
=roadpilot
You can believe what you want to believe, FORDF250HDXLT, and I will believe what I want to believe. That's the beauty of living in this great country. Peace out.
Though because now,you don't share my views,this is no longer the case?
Never said it wasn't. I only said that there's only one person here going on and on and on and on about it. Otherwise known as "overly sensitive" about it.

Old 10-14-2017, 04:54 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
Never said it wasn't. I only said that there's only one person here going on and on and on and on about it. Otherwise known as "overly sensitive" about it.
This is an interesting read.

A psychotherapist makes some observations about people who are quick to anger, resentful and intolerant of others.
8 Habits of Intolerant People

Old 10-14-2017, 05:01 PM
roadpilot
Laughing Gas
This is an interesting read.

A psychotherapist makes some observations about people who are quick to anger, resentful and intolerant of others.
8 Habits of Intolerant People
I fail to see a single person here who is angry, so your point is completely irrelevant, sunshine.

Old 10-15-2017, 09:35 AM
Tedster9
Post Fiend
Received 66 Likes on 65 Posts
Right, this is a clever, if vile debate tactic. See how it turns - after reams of pretzel logic and phony baloney BS, it turns out that you're the problem, not the people with the problem. LOL. Don't be fooled.

Old 10-15-2017, 09:49 AM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by troverman
F250HD, I don't know you but I don't wish any harm to come to you and I hope you can find happiness in your life. We have very different views. My suggestion would be counseling...perhaps trying to embrace the fact that you actually are male and enjoy it.
Hey I might try that sometime.I'm very secure in my masculinity so you pretending that I might be confused about my gender simply because I'm not intolerant of others,has me in stitches. I understand your intended purpose of the comment but since you don't know how secure I am in myself,you had no way of knowing that the comment would be laughed at.
Here's a tip though; Insecure guys won't stand up to bullies pretending to be superior to others who have differences (especially these type of differences) so those silly comments wont have the effect you wish they had on me.

Originally Posted by troverman
Want to hang out with the girls? Go for it!
Oh no problem there,brother.I highly recommend it!

Originally Posted by Tedster9
Right, this is a clever, if vile debate tactic. See how it turns - after reams of pretzel logic and phony baloney BS, it turns out that you're the problem, not the people with the problem. LOL. Don't be fooled.
Why do the good folks at the topic of discussion here,need to be ones with problems? Who are we to judge them and declare them to have a problem? Your implying the judgment of others is'nt a problem? I'm not sure if your Christian but there are many,many,many bible verses which do inform us,that to cast judgment on others is a sin.That sure would fit right in my definition of a problem.According to the good book,that devil is a sly little bugger and can trick you.Perhaps the one being fooled isn't who you might think?
(I happen to be atheist myself,however I've studied the bible a great deal over the years and don't mind using the bible and Christianity to relate to most folks,who do proclaim to be Christian.)

If only someone would come along and make things like they used to be right guys? Bring back our way of life's just like before.Make things better,the way they used to be.If only someone would come along and make things right again.Make them good again........Make them great again.

Old 10-15-2017, 10:06 AM
Tedster9
Post Fiend
Received 66 Likes on 65 Posts
Now you're putting words in people's mouth.

Fail.

Old 10-15-2017, 10:26 AM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
LOL OK.I gotta run out to work for a couple hours.You boy's try and behave yourselves.I want to go take care of business so I can get back in time for football.
I'm looking forward to enjoying some NFL games! I just love to see those young men out there exercising their rights pre-game.Don't you you guys? Let's go NFL!

Old 10-15-2017, 10:33 AM
roadpilot
Laughing Gas
I just love to see those young men out there exercising ...
That's probably more accurate.

Old 10-15-2017, 05:05 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
That's probably more accurate.
Now,how many times do I have to tell you,I only have eyes for you sweetie?
You get so jealous.I told you last night when we were snuggling,you don't have to worry.

This is another good read.
What causes intolerance | 2KnowMySelf

For those with a bit more maturity and perhaps a spec of compassion,check out this short video.This is interesting.

This is good too for a bit more in depth look.Man,look at some of the commenters sharing their experiences dealing with it here on youtube.Most of us will never understand as we're not living this but anyone with a heart can feel their pain.

Old 10-16-2017, 08:24 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 534 Likes on 258 Posts
When we die, we'll find out if there is a God and an afterlife, or if the end is exactly at the moment our heart stops beating and then nothing. And if there is a God, we'll also find out exactly how we were *supposed* to live and behave.

You speak of the bible condemning judging...true...but the bible is also pretty clear that God created man and woman...nothing else...and also that it is an abomination for man to "lay" with man as a woman. The bible is certainly open to interpretation, but most would assume not "judging" simply refers to loving the sinner and hating the sin. To not judge others does not allow those doing wrong get a free pass.

I think it is pretty reasonable to see why most folks don't agree with sexual deviance...be it homosexuality or transgenderism. This country, from its inception, was based upon biblical belief. Generation after generation was raised essentially off the puritanical views of the bible. But because humans are hedonistic, eventually those beliefs become less important...and minds are easily swayed by listening to others around them. Those who commit wrong feel less guilt by convincing others around them to do the same and tell you wrong is right. Look at statistics surrounding civil unions and gay marriage. When Howard Dean started the movement to legalize civil unions, the majority of the country was opposed. But the gay lobby, including media and celebrities, began to work tirelessly to *normalize* gay relationships. They also worked on the legal aspects, getting judges...rather than majority votes in most cases...to legalize civil unions and subsequently gay marriage. 20 years later, most people now think gay relationships are both acceptable and normal. Why is it that for over 300 years people in America found gay relationships to be wrong but now they are suddenly OK?

Now, we are seeing a similar lobby work to try to incorporate and normalize transgenderism. Again, at its outset, most people were (are) opposed because transgenderism is much less well known than gay people; the concept of it makes people quite uncomfortable. Again, it also goes against the long-taught beliefs that make up the core construct of most people's moral values. And aside from Denmark, transgenderism is still considered a disorder by the ICD-10 and a dysphoria by the DSM-5. I'm quite certain both of these manuals will eventually change the concept of being transgender to a code rather than a diagnosis...the psychology field will eventually cater to the general societal view of things lest they become unpopular and / or lose funding. Psychology is a soft science and while I agree it is valuable...it is certainly not always correct.

Unfortunately, what often happens is that those who do wrong prey on the compassion most decent folks have. They set up arguments that instantly label those opposed to their choices as mean, bigoted, phobic people. In fact, it is virtually impossible to be opposed to deviant behavior today without being labeled as such. So while such deviants are very quick to be nasty to those that oppose on moral grounds alone (based upon their long established beliefs)...they also put on a sad face to the media...all they want is love, inclusiveness, and happiness. It makes decent people feel as though they would be doing wrong if they stood their ground based upon morals and values...and they often become either indifferent or will eventually tentatively side with the deviants. In the end, the result is a decline in the structure of society. It creates a society of no absolutes. Almost anything can be made acceptable, with a little time and persuasion. Sadly, this lack of structure and standards will eventually cause our society to fail.

A story was told to me a long time ago about and man and a rattlesnake that I think relates nicely to how the deviants operate:

A decent man hiked a high mountain. As the altitude increased, the temperature dropped. The man came across a rattlesnake, shivering and sluggish in the cold. The rattlesnake told the man "help me, it's too cold for me here. Carry me down the mountain where its warm, or I'll die!" Now the man knew from his upbringing that rattlesnakes were harmful and they could potentially kill him. Nevertheless, the rattlesnake persisted and the man felt compassion on the creature. He picked him up, and carried him down to the lower altitude where it was warmer. Once at the bottom, the rattlesnake promptly bit the man, injecting lethal venom into his veins. The man cried out, asking the rattlesnake why he bit him after he saved his life?

The rattlesnake replied coldly: "you knew what I was when you picked me up..."

Quick Reply: Are people serious about announcing "pronouns" at work meetings?