Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners Tonneau cover, caps, racks, canopies, shells, etc.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Peragon Cover intallation and review

Old 10-10-2017, 10:25 AM
tiny1
Moderator & CL
Received 304 Likes on 279 Posts
Thumbs up Peragon Cover intallation and review

I had been researching tonneau covers for my 2010 Ford F-150 and there are a lot of choices available. I was looking primarily at hard bi and tri fold covers and a few people on this forum had recommended that I look at a Peragon cover. My budget was in the $600-650 range and once I looked at what Peragon had to offer, the decision to increase the budget was an easy one to make.

My primary concerns was to get a cover that was 1) secure, 2) waterproof, 3) durable and 4) easy to use. This cover checked off each item on that list. I optioned my cover with the dual deadbolt keyed lock, stainless steel hardware, quick clamps and a tailgate seal. Peragon offers some discounts to members of FTE and additional ones for members of the military and first responders.

I placed my order and my cover was shipped and I received it in about a week. Everything was well packaged and protected for shipment.

The step by step instructions that are included are very complete and there are installation videos on YouTube that show you the process. If you select the quick clamps, there is are supplemental instructions that cover that part of the install. All of the needed hardware is individually packaged for each step that you are working on.
Onto some installation pictures.
Before:

Cover rails and ramps assembled:

Cover rails and clamps installed:

Cover installed:

You can see that the cover when in the opened position takes up about 6" of space but you still have about 10" of space under the panel to slide long items that will not interfere with the operation of the cover.

Cover rail end cap:

You can use super glue along with the screw to attach the end caps. I found that you need a very small amount of glue and make sure to put it in the area that is shown. Otherwise you will just push the glue out as you insert the cap into the rail.

Finished:

I need to do some minor adjustments to the rails so that they are parallel with the top of the tailgate. I like that the quick clamps allow installation without the need to drill holes into the side rail of the bed. If you set the 3/16” gap before you tighten the rail down to the tab on the clamp, you may not have the gap that is needed. I found that it took a few tries to get the clamps at the right height so that the gap could be maintained. In order to adjust the clamp, you need to loosen the bolt up and slide the clamp up or down as needed because the tab is spot welded onto the clamp. I am not sure if it would have been easier to make the adjustments if the tab was not welded, but I can see why it was to maintain the overall strength of the clamp to rail connection.

Overall I am very pleased with the purchase of my cover. The quality of materials that are used is very high and the powder coating is flawless. The cover is easy to open and to close. If it needs to be removed, it can be accomplished in about a minute. Installation time from start to finish was about 3.5 hours and that included taking a couple of breaks. Would I recommend a Peragon cover to other people considering it, I would definitely do so. I look forward to many years of use from this cover and will update this post as time goes passes.

Old 10-11-2017, 02:48 PM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Received 1,079 Likes on 981 Posts
Told ya Neil.... you'll have many years of use with this bed-cover! The guys at Peragon will always be there for ya in the future too!

Old 10-13-2017, 12:00 AM
Peragon
PLATINUM SPONSOR
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tiny1
I had been researching tonneau covers for my 2010 Ford F-150 and there are a lot of choices available. I was looking primarily at hard bi and tri fold covers and a few people on this forum had recommended that I look at a Peragon cover. My budget was in the $600-650 range and once I looked at what Peragon had to offer, the decision to increase the budget was an easy one to make.

(...)

Overall I am very pleased with the purchase of my cover. The quality of materials that are used is very high and the powder coating is flawless. The cover is easy to open and to close. If it needs to be removed, it can be accomplished in about a minute. Installation time from start to finish was about 3.5 hours and that included taking a couple of breaks. Would I recommend a Peragon cover to other people considering it, I would definitely do so. I look forward to many years of use from this cover and will update this post as time goes passes.
Thank you for the thumbs up, Neil, much appreciated! If you need anything down the road, we'll be here!