showing the 02 some love. - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

showing the 02 some love.

Old 10-12-2017, 08:18 AM
Post Fiend

BBslider001 has much to be proud ofBBslider001 has much to be proud ofBBslider001 has much to be proud ofBBslider001 has much to be proud ofBBslider001 has much to be proud ofBBslider001 has much to be proud ofBBslider001 has much to be proud ofBBslider001 has much to be proud ofBBslider001 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjc transport View Post
sure do, except for all the body pain from getting twisted like a pretzel under the truck.
we better get a lot of snow this year, or i am going to burn the biatch for causing this much pain.
LOL!!!! There ya go. I feel those sentiments.
Old 10-12-2017, 04:20 PM
i ain't rite

tjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputation
windshield guy is coming tomorrow morning to put a new glass in the 04, and pull the glass out of the 02 to inspect for where it is leaking. once it is out he will determine if it needs repair, or just resealing.
Old 10-13-2017, 04:07 PM
i ain't rite

tjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputation
got windshield pulled today. the cab is in especially good condition. two very small rust spots on top, about 2 inches and 4 inches, and a small one inch round spot on the passenger side bottom. nothing major, just a quick sand and it will be ready for resealing.
but the center of the windshield was not attached to the glass. apparently this thing had a new glass put in it before i got it and they did not prep the body before installing the glass.
glass guy gave a punch list to do before we call him back to put the new glass in.
the guys at the body shop all learned how to prep a truck for new glass too. the senior body man will be prepping the truck for the new windshield then call the glass guys to come back and put the new glass in.
Old 10-23-2017, 03:48 PM
i ain't rite

well, i spoke too soon. they finally got back to prepping the windshield frame for new glass saturday and found some surprises.
both top seams are split wide open at the corners of the glass.
2 small holes about 1/4 inch in size on both bottom corners.
and 2 spots about the size of a quarter on the cowl, directly under the glass where the factory glass holders were.
they were welding the seams when i was there earlier, then going to smear some liquid metal over the seams and welds to smooth the area out.
then tomorrow they will attack the bottom
Old 11-04-2017, 03:02 PM
i ain't rite

well, finally got everything sorted out and fixed. new glass was put in thursday, and the truck was delivered this morning. i was amazed how bad the old starter was. the damn thing will fire off without glow plugs with 2 second crank time at 43 degrees!!!
before the starter finally died, it would need glow plugs and 30 seconds cranking to fire off at 75 degrees.
i now have a funny feeling last winter what i was blaming on bad injectors and weak glow plugs was actually a bad starter.
if it was not plugged in it would not start if it was under about 25 degrees.
Old 11-04-2017, 06:11 PM
Posting Guru

guitarpicr has a very good reputation on FTE.guitarpicr has a very good reputation on FTE.guitarpicr has a very good reputation on FTE.
Good to hear it is starting better. I think I may have the same issue in my 02. Starter seems a little sluggish. Which starter did you go with, or did I miss that in an earlier post
Old 11-04-2017, 07:21 PM
i ain't rite

had it built by my local rebuilder that has been in business for the past 76 years. grandpa started the business, took over by his son in 1970, and now the grandson has been running the shop since 2000
Old 11-04-2017, 08:50 PM
Post Fiend

F350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputation
Don't feel bad. I don't start or move around well under 25 either.
Old 11-05-2017, 06:27 AM
i ain't rite

i noticed that too around 4 years ago Chris.each year as i get a little older the "get started" temperature seems to go up a few degrees.