6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Stealth Power (Tuner/Delete)

Old 10-06-2017, 10:41 PM
CPTMidnight
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stealth Power (Tuner/Delete)

Thread should be retitled without the word stealth. Just realized that there is a "Stealth" brand tuner. I desire mods that are undetectable to anyone but me but improve performance and not a specific brand.

Hi all - I have a 2016 F350 KR crew cab with 3.55 gears and 45k miles. I just got back from a trip with a 2900 lb truck camper on top and was getting about 11mph. Overall I am getting about 13-14 for my everyday driving. I have heard of people getting 20mph with huge power gains with a little work. Would like to try to improve my mileage and was hoping for some advice. More power would be fun too.

What do you think? I am not interested in it being any louder or rolling coal. In fact I really am hoping that I can mod this beast without anyone knowing about (including the wife). I would also like to avoid any legal issues with it . I was pulled over in this last year and the first thing the cop asked me was if it was modded. My answer was no and of course he was a big diesel guy and we ended up chatting for 30 minutes on Ford Diesel but it still makes me wonder if he would have made a big deal out of it if I would have told him yes...

What is the ultimate setup to increase performance without smoke or drastically increasing the loudness? Which Chip? Full Exhaust Replacement? Intake? good muffler/resonator? DFP delete? EGR? Anything else that I should be thinking? Cost? Worth it?

Any thoughts on this would be helpful.

P.S. Yeah yeah I understand that if I drive like my grandmother that my mileage would be better... Also know that my warranty is toast

Last edited by CPTMidnight; 10-07-2017 at 11:56 AM. Reason: confusion in title
Old 10-07-2017, 08:42 AM
DeeDubz
More Turbo
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
I have a stealth performance module. I installed it about 4 weeks ago. I defiantly have seen an increase in power. They claim up to 100hp. I couldn't tell you for sure but it does get up and move. As for the mileage, I'm not seeing it quite yet. Most of my driving is city streets. Not too much highway. I bought the switch that you can add with the module that gives you 4 settings. 1-stock, 2-tow economy 3- performance 4- race. I initially kept it in tow/economy after one tank of fuel i didn't notice any increase fuel economy. I just changed it to performance to see if i get anything better than what Ive been averaging. Typically I average 15. The company, who by the way has awesome costumer service, say that you won't see a change in fuel economy for 2 weeks and varies by driving habits. For me I don't think ill see a change for a month. I just don't but the miles on my truck any more. Totally recommend this product. Perfect for guys like me living behind the wire...

Old 10-07-2017, 10:01 AM
Overkill2
Making donuts deplorable

Received 6,318 Likes on 4,586 Posts
Curious...subscribed.

Old 10-15-2017, 06:42 PM
DeeDubz
More Turbo
averaging 18MPG in tow/economy mode. Im sure I could get better but Thats driving 70mph.

Old 10-17-2017, 06:10 AM
Superdave71
Tuned
Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by DeeDubz
The company, who by the way has awesome costumer service, say that you won't see a change in fuel economy for 2 weeks and varies by driving habits. For me I don't think ill see a change for a month. I just don't but the miles on my truck any more. Totally recommend this product. Perfect for guys like me living behind the wire...
This seems fishy to me. Any economy gains should be verifiable instantly. We can monitor gal/hour, mpg etc, and if a change is made a result can be measured wether positive or negative.

DeeDubz, are you receiving any kickbacks, discounts for your posts? You sound like a salesman.

Old 10-17-2017, 08:40 PM
DeeDubz
More Turbo
lol i wish i was receiving kickbacks. Im 100 percent honest and telling you my experience with the product.
Heres my conclusion:
- Increased HP, My wife noticed. She hardly every drives my truck and she felt a BIG difference on the lowest setting.
- fuel economy - Most of my driving is city streets. It sucks for mileage. My commute to work is only 15 miles. During the week I had to drive 60 miles one way. I reset my mileage and was getting 18.7 going 70-75. Im pretty happy with the product.

Old 10-18-2017, 11:08 AM
Strokin-A-2010
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Stealth seems to be hit or miss from what I've seen on the 6.7. I had a AFE scorcher module on my 2017 6.7 and it got rid of the turbo lag completely, didn't really notice any hp power bump even though they claim 50hp and 90tq. But I did see a 3 mpg difference in my overall driving. I took it off cause now I just got my deletion kit in and in the week the scorcher been off my avg mpg has dropped 1.7mpg so far. So the Scorcher module will gain you mpg for sure.

Old 10-18-2017, 01:33 PM
jaxf250
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Curious as to what effect, if any, a module like this would have on the DPF (soot levels), ie. could this cause it to fill up quicker over time vs. just OEM settings? I'm guessing here without knowing exactly how this module works that it increases the fuel delivery over OEM programming, and does our 6.7L handle this well or does some extra deposits get passed into the filter? I'm still new to diesels, so if this Q is way off base just smack me ;-)

Old 10-19-2017, 06:03 AM
Strokin-A-2010
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jaxf250
Curious as to what effect, if any, a module like this would have on the DPF (soot levels), ie. could this cause it to fill up quicker over time vs. just OEM settings? I'm guessing here without knowing exactly how this module works that it increases the fuel delivery over OEM programming, and does our 6.7L handle this well or does some extra deposits get passed into the filter? I'm still new to diesels, so if this Q is way off base just smack me ;-)
If anything with the AFE Scrocher module my 2017 6.7 went into regen less.

Old 09-03-2018, 12:36 PM
Overkill2
Making donuts deplorable

Received 6,318 Likes on 4,586 Posts
DuraMileage/Stealth Performance/DrPerformanceRX

I saw this recently and realized I jumped the gun last year when I purchased a DuraMileage module for just under 400 bucks. After I saw this video, I removed it from my truck. I've been keeping track of MPG and Regens, so if this post gets attention, I will look into my notes and see if there's a difference from when the module was being used and when it was not... there was no mileage gain I believe and maybe shorter regens because of the over fueling. I'm back out to 500 mile regens because I removed the module before my road trip to Kentucky.

This post is being made so that any guys out there that are using a module like this or fuel pressure box, to get it out of their truck immediately. If the box ever takes a crap or loses power, the engine will go into limp mode because there is no bypass built into the module. Please watch the whole video. I refuse to sell my module because I would not want to put someone in a dangerous position while pulling a trailer...

I know I'm not the only who took the bait. Please look into this if you have one of these modules. I did not want to start a new thread so I choose this one. There are at least 3 more threads like this one.