General Automotive Discussion

What gives?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2017, 06:54 PM
MTP55
More Turbo
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
What gives?

This thread is not to start an argument. Even though we are on a Ford forum so it shouldn't matter. But I've been picked on alot lately because I'm a Ford guy. Through and through. Only by one group though. Chevy owners. Even the ads on TV are blatantly attacking Ford. So my question is, why do Chevy fans have such a big vendetta against Ford? Is there a reason? I don't really ever see a Ford or dodge guy attack someone else because of the brand they drive. Maybe one in fifteen people I've met. Just curious as to what other people think or if it's just a local thing here. Not a big fan of being harassed about my perfectly good vehicles that I worked my rear off to get and make mine. So what do you all think?

Old 10-05-2017, 11:47 PM
85e150
Super Moderator
Received 1,588 Likes on 1,294 Posts
According to your profile you are 21. You need to seriously think about what your career goals are, your financial situation, your relationships with your family and pick out a new group of casual associates.

A little kidding about a particular brand is normal. Being badgered about it repeatedly is a sign from God himself that you need different friends.

That and thicker skin.

I drove a Toyota for 8 years while on this board. I didn't talk about it much here as this if a Ford site. When I did, no one ran me down for it.

The Ford parts fellers gave my old man some guff one time when he drove up in the Chev he just bought. He told them he "....needed something reliable to come and get parts for the Fords with....".

Tell your friends you are aware that 95+% of the other brand trucks are still on the road. Note that the rest made it home.

Good luck.

Old 10-06-2017, 07:38 AM
rbraughn
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My personal opinion is they lack real confidence in their product.

Have you ever noticed that Samsung commercials almost always knock Apple products in their commercials? The same thing with Chevrolet, their ads always knock Ford products.

On the other hand, Apple and Ford merely advertise their own products strengths.

It is a tactic that people use...Badmouth the competition to bring them down, because they cannot bring their own product up on it's own merits.

I have a Boston whaler Montauk. I cant tell you how many times people have told me they have a boat just like mine that cost much less, and it is usually a McKee craft. While that is a fine boat also, It is NOT just like mine. I will take the Whaler any day over the McKee Craft.

As stated above, take it in stride and ignore them. Most are just pulling your chain.
I feel like it is a badge of honor that those people feel the need to trash talk.

Old 10-07-2017, 06:52 AM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,100 Likes on 2,162 Posts
they are just jealous because they were stupid enough to but a government motors product and not a ford.
my neighbors are like that. GM vehicles only.
they are always giving me crap for driving fords. and i tell them i drive fords because i get good deals on them and they never break.
both of them almost had kittens when their kids bought fords as their first cars.
reason for buying fords? they wanted to own a car that would make it back home under it's own power. .
hearing that made my day.

Old 10-22-2017, 08:41 AM
four-sixty-power
Fleet Mechanic
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Well, Chevy lost big-time when the Government had to bail them(General Motors) out of bankruptcy, so now Chevy is insecure because CHEVY FAILED, because GM FAILED, at least Chrysler had enough value to be bought by Fiat, whereas Gm / Chevy had NO VALUE and went bankrupt and had to be SAVED by the US government.

So your "friends" are attacking your Ford from insecurity in their inferior product...