anyone added a second keyless pad to pass side yet? - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > 1999 to 2016 Super Duty
Reload this Page >

anyone added a second keyless pad to pass side yet?

Notices
1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines

anyone added a second keyless pad to pass side yet?

  #1  
Old 10-03-2017, 10:17 PM
kengarchow
kengarchow is offline
Elder User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 928
kengarchow is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
anyone added a second keyless pad to pass side yet?

i have asked before but never resolved the issue, would like to add a second OEM keyless entry pad to the passenger side door

don't want to use the dealers add on one as they don't match OEM one on driver side

just not sure how to wire or if could wire to make work

thanks
 
  #2  
Old 10-03-2017, 11:29 PM
Pocketlint's Avatar
Pocketlint
Pocketlint is offline
Posting Guru
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 1,344
Pocketlint has a good reputation on FTE.Pocketlint has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by kengarchow View Post
i have asked before but never resolved the issue, would like to add a second OEM keyless entry pad to the passenger side door

don't want to use the dealers add on one as they don't match OEM one on driver side

just not sure how to wire or if could wire to make work

thanks
You know that's an interesting idea, one thing I will admit that I hate is that if your remote functions arent working on the key and you have to unlock the door that you have to do it from the drivers side keypad or using the key itself.

I have heard of people cutting away some of the sheet metal to add the keypad on the driver side and of course those that have used the Ford Stick on keypad to add the keypad feature on the truck on the driver side, but I dont think I have seen or heard many make mention of adding it on to the passengers side

I wonder if you could splice it into the the current keypad wires once they pass from the door to under the dash. The biggest thing would be if you wired them in series or parallel. You ought to be able to get away having them in series because in reality you wouldn't be using both keypads at once, you would only be operating one at a time , of course having everything in Parallel is always nice, but I dont believe you'd need that in this case, my opinion only of course
 
  #3  
Old 10-04-2017, 05:49 AM
Just Strokin
Just Strokin is offline
Postmaster
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Tallassee, ALabama
Posts: 4,068
Just Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud of
I have one of the Ford Accessories add-on/stick-on keypads on the passenger side of my truck. Works great and is convenient. It is easy to program using the same method as remote entry fob which will work with our trucks also.

Keypad - ES7Z-14A626-A

https://www.levittownfordparts.com/f...ad-p-4033.html

If you have a spare 3 or 4 button remote entry fob laying around or want to purchase one, here are the info needed to get the correct fob.

Manufacturer Part Number: 8L3Z15K601B 8L-3Z-15K-601B

Interchange Part Number: CWTWB1U212 CWTWB1U331 GQ43VT11T CWTWB1U345

Other Part Number: 1788A-FWB1U345 CAN 1470102326 1788104575
 
  #4  
Old 10-04-2017, 03:34 PM
kengarchow
kengarchow is offline
Elder User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 928
kengarchow is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
thanks guys
i like the idea of cutting in and wiring in a bathing one the the drivers side, but wouldn't want to do till sure can work out wiring

i also like the simplicity of the accessories add on but wish it were a closer match to th drivers side style
 
  #5  
Old 10-04-2017, 06:03 PM
Just Strokin
Just Strokin is offline
Postmaster
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Tallassee, ALabama
Posts: 4,068
Just Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by kengarchow View Post
i also like the simplicity of the accessories add on but wish it were a closer match to th drivers side style
why? if it works, what difference does it matter. It would a lot cheaper and quicker than trying to cut in one ever if you could get it to work. I highly doubt the necessary wires for the key pad are in the passenger door.

Keypad BC3Z-14A626-AA

https://parts.autonationfordwhitebea...RpZXNlbA%3D%3D

 
  #6  
Old 10-04-2017, 10:35 PM
kengarchow
kengarchow is offline
Elder User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 928
kengarchow is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Just Strokin
thanks for the chart
i dont expect the wires to be in the pass door

i terms of factory accessory unit, it has a very different look that the the ones hard wired

they are a lot thicker and have a different lay out of the buttons if i recall

my friends would give me grief if i just stuck one on, but it is sure tempting
 
  #7  
Old 10-04-2017, 10:48 PM
Sterling6.7's Avatar
Sterling6.7
Sterling6.7 is offline
Senior User
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 180
Sterling6.7 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Sterling6.7 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
The wiring looks pretty simple and has a pretty good promise of working. Regardless, you can't see them both at the same time, so using the wired or wireless is really a matter of personal preference. Wired is definitely more difficult, but you won't ever need to replace a battery in it.
 
  #8  
Old 10-05-2017, 06:08 AM
Just Strokin
Just Strokin is offline
Postmaster
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Tallassee, ALabama
Posts: 4,068
Just Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by kengarchow View Post
Just Strokin
thanks for the chart
i dont expect the wires to be in the pass door

i terms of factory accessory unit, it has a very different look that the the ones hard wired

they are a lot thicker and have a different lay out of the buttons if i recall

my friends would give me grief if i just stuck one on, but it is sure tempting
You going to let friends be your master or you going to beat your own drum? It isn't about what they do or say but what you want and desire.

Yes, it is thicker maybe 5/8"-3/4" thick. The buttons are the same layout as the driver's side keypad

How long do you think it would take to install the "factory keypad"? All day? Half day? You have to splice wires into the existing wires along with installing the wires which I do not think you can put inside the current door wire harness.

What happens when you "cut" a hole in the door and chip the paint or the factory pad doesn't fit correctly? Maybe the drill slips or you cut into something else when you cut the hole.

10 minutes to install the add on pad is a whole lot easier. Who cares what someone else thinks as long as it is functional for you? It is your truck, not theirs, but the choice of the route to go is yours.

here are the photos




 
  #9  
Old 10-08-2017, 09:25 PM
kengarchow
kengarchow is offline
Elder User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 928
kengarchow is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
i think there are two designs of accessory keypads

i have seen the ones with the numbers in a straight row that look more like the OEM ones that come on the driver door

does someone have a photo of the other design and can you still get them?

thanks
 
  #10  
Old 10-08-2017, 10:57 PM
Pocketlint's Avatar
Pocketlint
Pocketlint is offline
Posting Guru
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 1,344
Pocketlint has a good reputation on FTE.Pocketlint has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Just Strokin View Post
You going to let friends be your master or you going to beat your own drum? It isn't about what they do or say but what you want and desire.

Yes, it is thicker maybe 5/8"-3/4" thick. The buttons are the same layout as the driver's side keypad

How long do you think it would take to install the "factory keypad"? All day? Half day? You have to splice wires into the existing wires along with installing the wires which I do not think you can put inside the current door wire harness.

What happens when you "cut" a hole in the door and chip the paint or the factory pad doesn't fit correctly? Maybe the drill slips or you cut into something else when you cut the hole.

10 minutes to install the add on pad is a whole lot easier. Who cares what someone else thinks as long as it is functional for you? It is your truck, not theirs, but the choice of the route to go is yours.

here are the photos





Well isnt that something, I knew Ford had the stick on keypads but I had no idea they were wireless, So how do these manage to work with the power lock system? Is there like a RF module that plugs in somewhere to allow it to interface with the power lock module?
 
  #11  
Old 10-09-2017, 02:05 AM
kengarchow
kengarchow is offline
Elder User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 928
kengarchow is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
i think they work like the keyless fob only u have to enter a code to activate
 
  #12  
Old 10-09-2017, 02:30 AM
Mike189677's Avatar
Mike189677
Mike189677 is offline
Posting Guru
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,773
Mike189677 has a very good reputation on FTE.Mike189677 has a very good reputation on FTE.Mike189677 has a very good reputation on FTE.Mike189677 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by kengarchow View Post
i think they work like the keyless fob only u have to enter a code to activate
Yep you program them like you program the keyless remotes with the truck in programming mode you hit the 7/8 and 9/0 buttons at the same time which is how you would lock the truck from the keypad and itís programmed to the vehicle security module just like your keyless remotes. Then you just enter your code to unlock the door and then you can press 3/4 after that to unlock the other doors. If you add one donít forget to do your remotes at the same time as the keypad so everything syncs up and works. I love my keypad I donít know why you would need one on the other side but my last 2 trucks have had them and Iíll always have it from now on any future truck.
 
  #13  
Old 10-09-2017, 07:02 AM
fordboy2's Avatar
fordboy2
fordboy2 is offline
Posting Guru
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: freeland, mi
Posts: 2,102
fordboy2 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.fordboy2 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
The wireless one listed above says 2009 and up I think. Any idea if this will work on my 99? I didn't think that there was any difference in the remotes.
 
  #14  
Old 10-09-2017, 09:13 AM
Just Strokin
Just Strokin is offline
Postmaster
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Tallassee, ALabama
Posts: 4,068
Just Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud of
If the fob used for the 99 has any of these ID's, it should work ok

Interchange Part Number: CWTWB1U212 CWTWB1U331 GQ43VT11T CWTWB1U345

Other Part Number: 1788A-FWB1U345 CAN 1470102326 1788104575
 
  #15  
Old 10-09-2017, 09:20 AM
Just Strokin
Just Strokin is offline
Postmaster
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Tallassee, ALabama
Posts: 4,068
Just Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Mike189677 View Post
Yep you program them like you program the keyless remotes with the truck in programming mode you hit the 7/8 and 9/0 buttons at the same time which is how you would lock the truck from the keypad and itís programmed to the vehicle security module just like your keyless remotes. Then you just enter your code to unlock the door and then you can press 3/4 after that to unlock the other doors. If you add one donít forget to do your remotes at the same time as the keypad so everything syncs up and works. I love my keypad I donít know why you would need one on the other side but my last 2 trucks have had them and Iíll always have it from now on any future truck.
That is true for most 2016 vehicles and older vehicles. Some 2016 (Fusion is one), 2017 and newer vehicles will need to be programmed for use with Ford's IDS.
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: anyone added a second keyless pad to pass side yet?


Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.