Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Off to Paint - Need Emblems

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2017, 07:11 PM
SARDiverDan
Cargo Master
Received 415 Likes on 237 Posts
Originally Posted by Shake-N-Bake
I have been wondering the same thing. I can't find F450 Lariat fender emblems for my truck. I actually stopped looking for them a couple of years ago....maybe somebody has them available now. Will reinstate the search...
Not exactly cheap; however, they are out there if you are willing to spend the money...Just guessing at the year you need but they have others

1999-2004 Ford F450 Lariat Super Duty - Fender (Stock)

Old 10-25-2017, 06:30 PM
SARDiverDan
Cargo Master
Received 415 Likes on 237 Posts
Just an update in case anyone cares...

I picked up the truck last night as my week and a half estimate turned into almost four. On a scale of 1-10 with 1 being complete junk and a 10 being comparable to a factory paint job, I would put this paint job at around a 7. I needed some fresh color and clear coat as mine was peeling badly so on that point the paint job was good. Some of the detractors had been with the attention to detail (or just plain give a sh@t) about the work performed. The issues I had are:

1. The entire back window had a light coating of clear coat on it when I picked it up. While it was quickly fixed with a little steel wool and window cleaner, this should have been corrected before it was released.

2. The hood lift assistors (little piston jobs that hold up the hood) no longer work. I am told by the manager that they never work on any Ford after they get sprayed and it's routine to replace them. If they would have taken the time to actually protect them before the spraying, they would be fine.

3. I had to rearrange some of the weather stripping around the front windshield as they messed it up

4. The front left fender area had a slight wave in the color and I was told to bring it back in about a month and they will sand that area and repaint it. I was told it would take about two days but I don't know if I am even going to chance it.

5. I had a small area with rust that I wanted them to repair and while they sanded and filled the part showing on the surface, they still failed to remove the molding and actually repair the whole rust issue. Now I am told they only repair what can be seen on surface so I still need to find a shop and repair the rest of the problem.

6. Lastly, they had some jackwagon do a quick "detail" on my truck before I picked it up and when I looked at it in the light today it looks as though someone soaked a rag in armor all and drug it around the truck to make it look shinny. Even wiped it on the chrome and my winch on the front. While I cant wash the truck yet, I need to deal with some of it for the rest of the week until I can fix it properly.

So, I would say that if all you need is a paint job that will make the truck look better and don't want to spend too much, this might be OK for you but be warned that there are many other smaller details that you will need to fix once you get it back. Would I take my vette down there, not on your life but for my work truck, I will deal with some of the issues and take the issues as lessons learned. On a side note, while they say the paint is guaranteed for 5 years, its actually only 3 and you pay 25% at 4 years and 50% up to 5.