Do you want the RIGHT splined / locking lug nuts for your Raptor? - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2015+ F150 > 2017 Ford SVT F150 Raptor
Reload this Page >

Do you want the RIGHT splined / locking lug nuts for your Raptor?

Notices
2017 Ford SVT F150 Raptor
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you want the RIGHT splined / locking lug nuts for your Raptor?

Old 09-30-2017, 10:14 AM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.
Arrow Do you want the RIGHT splined / locking lug nuts for your Raptor?

The area I live in has an extremely low crime rate - however - I travel a bit and stay in motels or visit other areas not quite so nice. I've come out in the morning to find my car missing its wheels once and it was parked right in front of the office of he Holiday Inn.. I'm determined to take every precaution I can to make sure it does not happen again.
The least expensive place I found for these lug nuts was through Summit Racing. Summit has these drop shipped directly from Gorilla. ~$108.00 is very reasonable for one of the most respected companies in their field and to put 24 spline-keyed lug nuts on my truck...
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/GOR-96644BDX

The Cheapy ones on aBay have the right 60 degree cone but the cone is not as broad (wide) as the OEM ones. You can tell from the witness marks on my original lug nut that the seating surface is quite wide - much more so than what the cheapy lug nuts will cover.
By the way - the torque spec is 150# (which I think is high, but did it anyway)
Here are some pictures I took.

Yes my wheels are dirty - truck will be washed later today I hope..

Old 06-08-2018, 12:39 PM
VibeMotorsports
SPONSOR
VibeMotorsports is starting off with a positive reputation.
Great way to protect your investment for sure! $108 isnt a bad deal for peace of mind.