2015 - 2020 F150 Discuss the 2015 - 2020 Ford F150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

HELP NEEDED: Good deal on 2016 King Ranch???

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2017, 06:12 PM
heybruck34
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post HELP NEEDED: Good deal on 2016 King Ranch???

I've been a long-time member but rarely active- my 1996 Ranger just didn't require a lot of maintenance and I'm not into mods. But now I'm in the market for a new F-150; ditching the BMW 530i that has been my daily driver for the past 12 years and need a bigger truck for the two kids to ride with me. Carseats and my Ranger don't mix!

Reason for my post: I would like some confirmation from the experts. I found what I think is a decent deal on a 2016 King Ranch. It looks fully loaded but I'll let you decide. Any and all input is appreciated. I've already pulled a Carfax- truck has been in NC it's entire short life. Specs:

Platinum White with Caribou "skirt"
Mesa Interior
3.5L Ecoboost
16K miles
601A Package
KR Chrome Package
Twin Panel Moonroof
Adaptive Cruise
Max Trailer Tow Pacakge
FX4
Box Side Steps
36 Gal Tank
Park Assist
Technology Package
Spray In Bedliner
Power Running Boards
BLIS

Original Sticker was 66,985. Non-Ford Dealer has it listed for just under 48K.

I have NOT driven or seen this truck with my own eyes. Have looked extensively at pictures and the original window sticker. Wife and I will be test driving tomorrow so any input is appreciated to help me know my parameters before I go start negotiating.

QUESTION- What would YOU pay for this truck, having either bought new or used or as the owner of one knowing what you know now.

Thank you in advance.

-Jeff-

Last edited by heybruck34; 09-29-2017 at 06:50 PM. Reason: updated title @ image add.
Old 09-29-2017, 06:38 PM
KJ Smith
Laughing Gas
Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts
That original sticker price looks high to me.
Shame its not at a Ford dealer that could CPO it for you.
The extended CPO warranty is a great deal.

From what I see, that is the average asking price.
There is a ton of them on Auto Trader.
The 17 has the Gen2 engine.
I would want to be under $45k maybe even as far down as $43k but that may be pushing it.

Old 09-29-2017, 06:54 PM
heybruck34
New User
KJ- Thank you for the reply. Yeh- sticker looked high to me too but it's the most optioned King Ranch I've seen. See uploaded image provided by the dealer. I too wish it was a Ford CPO...

Agreed on 45K- that is my goal. I think 43K is pushing it but I'm going to open with 43,500 if the rest of the posts her agree with your logic.

thank you for your input.

Attached Images  
Old 09-30-2017, 09:53 PM
AbitaPro
Senior User
Jeff - don't know about you but if I'm spending the money you'll have to pay for that truck, I would check it top to bottom, pull complete service history and if it did NOT have a original Ford New Truck Warranty (verified in writing from Ford) on it with lots of miles and a couple of years left, I would NOT buy.

Too many issues with these new trucks to buy for that kind of money without an original manufacturer warranty.

Did the non Ford dealer get at auction?

Now my neighbor bought a 2016 or 2017 Platinum loaded, kept less than 8 months and traded down to a lesser equipped GMC 1500 Pickup truck. He had way too many irritating problems that Ford couldn't resolve, and it wasn't for the dealers lack of effort!

Good luck

Good luck

Old 10-01-2017, 03:27 PM
GABAR
Lead Driver
Received 236 Likes on 184 Posts
Originally Posted by heybruck34
I've been a long-time member but rarely active- my 1996 Ranger just didn't require a lot of maintenance and I'm not into mods. But now I'm in the market for a new F-150; ditching the BMW 530i that has been my daily driver for the past 12 years and need a bigger truck for the two kids to ride with me. Carseats and my Ranger don't mix!

Reason for my post: I would like some confirmation from the experts. I found what I think is a decent deal on a 2016 King Ranch. It looks fully loaded but I'll let you decide. Any and all input is appreciated. I've already pulled a Carfax- truck has been in NC it's entire short life. Specs:

Platinum White with Caribou "skirt"
Mesa Interior
3.5L Ecoboost
16K miles
601A Package
KR Chrome Package
Twin Panel Moonroof
Adaptive Cruise
Max Trailer Tow Pacakge
FX4
Box Side Steps
36 Gal Tank
Park Assist
Technology Package
Spray In Bedliner
Power Running Boards
BLIS

Original Sticker was 66,985. Non-Ford Dealer has it listed for just under 48K.

I have NOT driven or seen this truck with my own eyes. Have looked extensively at pictures and the original window sticker. Wife and I will be test driving tomorrow so any input is appreciated to help me know my parameters before I go start negotiating.

QUESTION- What would YOU pay for this truck, having either bought new or used or as the owner of one knowing what you know now.

Thank you in advance.

-Jeff-
Regardless of how it looks, drives, or how many features it has on it, make sure you tell the salesperson or dealer that the purchase of this vehicle is based on a thorough and complete inspection by a mechanic of your choosing and not one at their dealership.

The small amount of money you`d spend on a proper inspection and not what a CARFAX report says might save you a world of hurt down the road.

.............................CAVEAT EMPTOR...................

I forgot to mention that you should also take a look at "NEW" 2017 F150`s and the year end deals that are being offered.

Ask yourself if you really want or need an OEM leather interior or all of the features on that used KR and if not, take a look at an XLT but if you do want OEM leather, then a Lariat and above are your only choices.

Good luck.

Old 10-02-2017, 11:43 AM
Wiggums
Posting Guru
Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
Why not buy new?