Letcher County Area Technology Center Project 1956 f100 - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Letcher County Area Technology Center Project 1956 f100

Old 09-28-2017, 01:24 PM
abe
Post Fiend
abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.
Welcome to FTE, the best Ford Truck Forum on the world wide Web! This is the place your questions will be answered!

The sheet metal you have looks pretty good, except for the doors. But they do sell lower door latch panels and bottoms. Your driver's side running board looks sent free. I think it can be patched. There are guys here that have done it. That will save you money and teach your class a lot. The assemble side looks twisted and bent. If that is not fixable maybe your patches for the driver's side can come from it.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Old 09-28-2017, 01:28 PM
Harrier
Post Fiend
Harrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by bigwin56f100 View Post
Are you planning on going to the f100 supernationals in October 5-7? It's in pigeon forge Tennessee and I will be set up there and could bring some donation items as shipping is expensive. I could bring the hood latch panel, radiator support, intake manifold. Maybe a few other items. All you have to do is pick them up at the show
Now that would be a good class field trip. What a great place to look at parts, ask questions of vendors and truck owners. You could come away with a lot of great ideas and needed parts.
Kevin is correct, shipping can cost as much as the parts themselves at times. Shoot the drive would be worth it to get Kevin's expertise let alone parts he has available.

Old 09-28-2017, 01:58 PM
egp1972
New User
egp1972 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks a lot guys. I may not be able to go to the f100 nationals however I have several friends that are going maybe we can arrange something. Thanks again for the support.
-Daryn

Old 09-29-2017, 11:20 AM
CharlieLed
Post Fiend
CharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant future
What is the skill level of the students who will be involved in this project? I have some components that I could donate but they require setup and welding. I know that here in SoCal we have some fairly sophisticated high school programs for the trades where these kids can weld circles around me...will you have students who are certified in TIG and/or MIG?

Old 09-29-2017, 11:32 AM
egp1972
New User
This project is a multi-program project. We have a welding program and those students are going to be doing our welding. The welding program does have several students that have passed certification in mig as well as tig. Thank you.

Old 09-29-2017, 11:47 AM
CharlieLed
Post Fiend
CharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant future
Thanks...good info. I have a Paul Horton Welder Series MII crossmember that I bought and have yet to use, it is the non-welded version. Very easy setup, 3/16 ths steel with alignment tabs. Let me see what I have in the shop to pull together maybe we can get a full MII IFS for your project. Let me know if you have any one who gives you a break on shipping, that would help a lot.

Old 09-29-2017, 12:04 PM
egp1972
New User
Yes sir. That's great. I have looked at the mustang II fr. suspension setups. We want to go that route. We have some funds through donations. If you are going to be kind enough to donate this I am sure we can manage to pay the shipping. Thanks a lot.

Old 09-29-2017, 02:14 PM
bigwin56f100
Post Fiend
bigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant future
Very large items ship fairly priced thru Fastenall. Might want to do some checking

Old 10-03-2017, 11:22 AM
egp1972
New User
Update on project

Here's a few pictures. We have been trying to get it all one color with some sanding and some rattle can primer.

Old 10-03-2017, 01:54 PM
egp1972
New User

Old 10-03-2017, 08:24 PM
underthebridgejim
FTE fan
underthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputation
Rite on Daryn, Your already a hero in my book, for giving your time, knowledge, and dedication to help the young folks that you are taking under your wing. This experience will definitely change some lives. I'm sure that you will find this site very helpful during your project and beyond.

Old 10-03-2017, 08:37 PM
abe
Post Fiend
abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.
Looking good! It's good to see high school boys hard at work!

And that right running board doesn't look too bad. I think it can be fixed....

Old 10-12-2017, 02:13 PM
egp1972
New User
More pictures and update on project

We had a car show Saturday and raised about 500 dollars. We have since tore the truck down again and started cleaning the frame. I would like to thank bigwin56f100 for the parts. I have contacted mid fifty this week and told them about our project. I asked them to help us out. I haven't heard back from them yet. I also am waiting to hear from Charlie on the I F S kit. I do have some money from donations and the money from the car show. My plan is to wait until next week to see what happens before ordering any parts. Thanks for the support.

Old 10-12-2017, 04:34 PM
bjmayberry2
Postmaster
bjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant future
MidFifty is sorta spotty on answering emails. Even if you ask something on their site. I'd call them if it was me.

Old 10-12-2017, 05:10 PM
bigwin56f100
Post Fiend
bigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant future
I'm glad I could help

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Letcher County Area Technology Center Project 1956 f100

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.