2003 Expy interior right rear quarter panel removal. PICTURE HEAVY! - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 1997-2006 Expedition & Navigator
Reload this Page >

2003 Expy interior right rear quarter panel removal. PICTURE HEAVY!

Notices
1997-2006 Expedition & Navigator 1997 - 2002 and 2003 - 2006 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator Discussion

Old 09-22-2017, 08:02 PM
kewer
Senior User
kewer is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.

This is a How To for a 2003-2006 Ford Expedition.

When I was looking for instructions on how to do this, I could not find any with pictures! So I decided to go at it, and take pictures as I went. This *Should* be dummy proof.

Tools I used:
T50 Star Bit
17mm Socket
1/4 Socket
Philips head screwdriver
Interior Pry Claw(Anything flat/somewhat strong will do.)

First you want to open the back hatch! Now look up.

See that trim piece? Pull it off. A hand on either side and go down the length of it.

Now look down.

Remove the bottom trim piece. Lift the panel that covers your jack, and pull towards you, it'll come off. Remove the jack and anything else you may have stored in there. Remove the rubber stopper that covers access to the spare tire. Remove the bolts holding on the latch(I used the 1/4 socket for this.)

Pull out the push pins along the back side of the carpet, and remove the carpet.

Under the carpet, on the right side, you will see this piece. Remove the bolt. (1/4 socket.)

Lift it up, under it you will see a philips head screw. Remove it, and pull the pin up that it screws into.

Now look at the D Post. Lift the cover over the seat belt mount. Remove the mount using a T50 star bit.

Now start at the top, and work your way down pulling off the trim.

Now look at the C post. Remove the circle piece above the seat belt slider. Slide the seat belt into the lowest setting. Remove the bold set in the hole. (1/4 socket.)

Remove the seat belt mount using a 17mm socket.

Now look down, by the floor and the rear passenger side door. Under that rubber piece is another seat belt mount. Remove using the T50 star bit. (This is easier if you fold down your second row.)

Now go open your rear passenger side door. Look down. See that trim piece? Pull it off!

This one was a bit tougher to get off than the others, don't be afraid to pull!

Alright. Now all those extra pieces are out of the way! Lets remove that quarter panel to get access to the rear air system...

But first! Remember these? At the back of your car?

Pull the panel forward just a bit, now reach in there and disconnect those electrical plugs so that nothing is damaged.

Alright! Now PULL that [email protected] off! Pull out and up. This is easiest to do if your passenger door remains open!

Now that you've got access to whatever it is you needed to get to. Fix it! Or (in my case) flush it! Then put it back together. But remember when you re-tighten those seat belt mounts they MUST be tightened to 30 Footpounds!

Old 09-23-2017, 11:57 AM
alwaysfords41
Posting Guru
alwaysfords41 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.alwaysfords41 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Well done, best tutorial on this ever. Lots of work for just the actuator, but well worth it for the flush.

Old 09-23-2017, 02:31 PM
kewer
Senior User
kewer is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by alwaysfords41 View Post
Well done, best tutorial on this ever. Lots of work for just the actuator, but well worth it for the flush.
Thank you! I got a lot of funk out of both of my heater cores today. And I have some HOT heat now!