CR172
Fleet Mechanic
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
delete.........

Old 10-25-2017, 10:10 AM
Slowtrucker
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=CR172;17548211]Still butt hurt over my Dave Ramsey non-bashing huh?

the airbag seatbelts are NOT standard on the KR either. One has to go all the way to the Platinum for those to be included as standard equipment.

Why don't you try to act like an adult instead of the

Go buy a Dodge, it fits you.

Old 10-25-2017, 10:24 AM
CR172
Fleet Mechanic
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
delete.......

Old 10-25-2017, 11:31 AM
Carlene
Admom
Received 188 Likes on 116 Posts
This thread is closed until the Forum's Moderator can clean it up.

And, might I suggest you both knock it off.
Bill is correct, the "Block" feature on this forum is a wonderful tool.

Old 10-25-2017, 12:50 PM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,219 Likes on 802 Posts
Thank you Carlene for giving me a chance to cleanup t his mess a bit.

It's reopened for now but if there are any more issues with childlike behavior, closing this thread will be the least of anyone's concerns.

Old 10-25-2017, 02:45 PM
jds92570
Junior User
For the folks that are in the same situation as I, I would talk to the dealership about some courses of actions (COAs) you both could take. Here is the route I took that may help your situation.

After the initial shock and being highly mad that the dealer sold me a truck under the recall, I made it very clear to the dealership that I would report the sale to the NHTSA and a $21000 fine could be issued to the dealership for demonstrating the vehicle under the recall(which is written in the Ford/Dealership no sale notice), if they didn't prove to me that this was an accidental sale and the issue wasn't resolved in a timely manner or at least for them to have a interim solution.. Shortly after, I had a conference call with the entire dealer leadership, to include the owner. They proved the sale was unintentional, but acknowledges mistakes were made in the process and I was assured that that dealership processes were being modified to ensure this never occurred again. Upon the dealership confiscating my new truck under the recall, the dealer owner provided me with a loaner F150 to drive until we all could figure out what was going on and how to fix it. Since then, I have discussed several COAs with the owner. Here's what we came up with, collectively. Hopefully these COAs will help folks with further discussions with their dealerships.

COA1: Dissolve the sale and return old vehicle back. ( I had already purchased accessories for new truck, so this wasn't my first choice) However, dealer Owner agreed to purchase all the accessories I purchased, if I chose this option.

COA2: Continue the use of the loaner F150 and the dealership will make loan payments until repairs are made on the 2017 KR.

COA3: Dissolve sale on current 2017 KR and find a different 2017 KR not under recall, same color, and with 157" WB. Dealer couldn't find one, so this was out.

COA4: Dissolve the sale on on the 2017 and find a comparable 2018, same color and wheel base. None to be had in the database and cost would be higher, so this was out.....

COA5: Dissolve the sale on the 2017 and special order a 2018 KR with same color and options as 2017. Cost was way more(even though Dealer would cut me a break ) and the building of and and delivery was projected to take possibly longer than recall repair.

I went with COA 2...Make things easier for all involved. Currently, I have a truck to drive and all the accessories are waiting for when I get my truck delivered. Yeah, it sucks not having mine, but at least the dealership has been working diligently to help me.

For the folks that purchased their truck before recall was issued, it just plain sucks that you're driving a truck that has been recalled and no resolution in sight. If your vehicle hasn't been inspected for the recall, yet, I would get a hold of the dealership and get them inspected. Not all vehicles recalled have a bad rivet on the seat belt. My truck was inspected on Oct 09 using the tool from Ford but it happened to be one of the unlucky ones at my dealership and did not pass. I do know that out of the 12 vehicles under the recall at my dealership, one did pass the rivet test, so even if you got the letter, your truck may be fine. Again, this is definitely the weirdest recall I've ever seen!!!!!

Old 10-25-2017, 03:44 PM
Christopher Wilson
New User
Same boat.

My dealership pretty much did exactly the same thing your dealership did. I am in a loner and until the recall gets fixed. Yeah it definitely sucks because the loaner that I am in is not a platinum it is a sport model which is pretty much basic. I am just trying to stay positive because I don't have my truck but I'm also not racking up all these miles on my new truck yet. The dealer is going to make the payments and my dealer is keeping my gas tank full while I'm in this loaner. So for All Things Considered I think they're doing a fantastic job. What is crazy about this whole situation is , I have owned GM my whole life. I bought the Ford because my current Chevy Silverado High Country had seven recalls on it and I was tired of dealing with recalls. Hahaha. So low and behold I buy a truck that has a recall on it that I can't even have. But I will tell you that I really do enjoy this Ford truck it seems to have a whole lot more room in the back as well as all the features that the Ford comes with. Again this is a sport so it doesn't have all the upgrades that a platinum has but at least it has air condition vents in the back for my daughter. I really can't wait to get my truck and all the accessories I have already paid for but at least the dealership is doing everything in their power to help me out. Which is way more than the Chevrolet dealer did while my truck was in there for the last two recalls that it had. I had to get a rental because they wouldn't give me something to drive. Now my first experiences with Ford customer care have not been the best but the Ford dealership has been the best. I'm not knocking everybody who has a Chevrolet or GMC truck but from the experiences I've had the last 20 years from GM products has not always been the best. Now I do understand that every manufacturer has their ups and downs and every dealership is different but so far I'll keep the Ford.

Old 10-25-2017, 05:42 PM
KJ Smith
Laughing Gas
Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts
Its a good thing the Dealerships are stepping up and helping out here..... of course they are the ones liable, so they kinda got to.
I understand Ford's viewpoint of this not being their issue.

They did order a no sale that the Dealer violated.
But you are still a Ford customer and they should at least hear you out.
Not responding just makes a bad situation worse.

I am wondering what the issue is with the repair.
There must be more to it than drilling out and replacing the rivet.
Maybe they need access to something they can't get to after the truck is built.
As has been mentioned, seatbelts are available.
I am sure the engineers will figure something out sooner or later.
Then I suppose it has to go through testing again.
Makes you wonder how they got those 5 star crash test results!!!

Told ya the Coastie was gonna slap you down .

Old 10-28-2017, 11:36 AM
Slowtrucker
Senior User
Originally Posted by KJ Smith
Its a good thing the Dealerships are stepping up and helping out here..... of course they are the ones liable, so they kinda got to.
I understand Ford's viewpoint of this not being their issue.

They did order a no sale that the Dealer violated.
But you are still a Ford customer and they should at least hear you out.
Not responding just makes a bad situation worse.

I am wondering what the issue is with the repair.
There must be more to it than drilling out and replacing the rivet.
Maybe they need access to something they can't get to after the truck is built.
As has been mentioned, seatbelts are available.
I am sure the engineers will figure something out sooner or later.
Then I suppose it has to go through testing again.
Makes you wonder how they got those 5 star crash test results!!!

Told ya the Coastie was gonna slap you down .

I am positive you are correct about the difficulty of repair.

In the last week I have seen comments suggesting parts availability in mid November, and then this morning I read where someone was told mid January! When I first got wind of this they were to be available to order by 9 October. When that begin to shift, I changed my actions to fit the situation.

The 5 star tests probably were run before someone put the wrong rivet in the parts bin on some assembly line.

Old 10-31-2017, 11:32 AM
NY149459
New User
Originally Posted by jds92570
Folks,

Does anyone know how how can get in touch with the Southwest Louisiana or Southeast Texas Regional Ford reps?

Here's my situation:

Last week, on Sept 13, 2017, I bought a new 2017 Ford 150 King Ranch from a dealer, just across the Louisiana border, in Luftkin, TX(2 hours from home). The following evening on Sept 14, 2017 the dealership notified me that they must come and get the truck due to the 17C12 seatbelt recall that has been issued as a "No Sale" recall. After some research, I found out the recall was issued on 28 August 2017 and someone at the dealership knew my F150, along with 11 others on the lot were under the "No Sale" policy and chose to sell anyway.

I know for the fact that during the finance paperwork portion at the dealership a service code popped up on the screen and the finance rep called someone ( I believe to be the service manager) asking about it. She was told it was fine to sell the truck and if there is an issue the customer can deal with it( found this out after the fact). When the paperwork was submitted to Ford Corporate to mark the truck as sold, that's when the sales manager realized that the "No Sale" recall was in effect(so I am being told).

The bottom-line is I am getting the run around at the Dealership, my new truck is sitting at the dealership, and there is no expected return date. I am being told it could be sometime mid-October until I get it back(if I would have know this, I would have not released the truck back the dealership). I have asked to talk to the dealership owner, but keep getting passed to the Ford sales manager. I have paid for the F150, the dealership has my trade-in, and I want my new truck....

I have contacted Ford Customer Care and ended up talking to some who spoke poor English and was absolutely NO help....I was told to contact the dealership for repairs. She couldn't comprehend my situation.....

They only thing the dealership has done is provided me with a truck to drive during this whole fiasco....but, that's not the answer....

Any help/advice is appreciated!!!!Hope someone from Ford PM's me....

we have almost the exact situation but we got a call the morning we were heading out to pick up our new truck haven't heard anything yet still don't have our truck very frustrated!

Old 11-03-2017, 12:59 PM
kccode1
6th Gear
Mod's thanks for keeping this thread open. It seems to be the only one that has updates for us. It was Sept 28th when I went to the dealer looking a King Ranch and a Platinum that had the long wheel base. I am in about the same boat as JDS. The difference is they told me about it and said I would not be able to take it. Of course they promised it would be done in a couple of weeks. I am sure they were going off Ford's proposed time frame. They wanted me to drop a check off the next day. They did give me a loaner truck, a 2016 XLT that a demo of theirs. They have kept my trade in. Well here were all are over a month later and still no light at the end of the tunnel. So I have shopped around and found 2 other dealers that have come withing 2,000 of the price for me to order a 2018 from the factory.

Just checking this site and seeing that someone heard the rivets are coming one at a time. ( I know there is one ahead of me who is driving his new truck), and that it might be the last week in November. Of course now my selected truck has another recall the roll pin in the transmission. There is no solution for this one either. Don't know if there is no delivery letter associated with this recall.
I hope everyone keeps us posted when you get your part, or what they hear about the arrival dates for them.

Old 11-03-2017, 01:28 PM
Christopher Wilson
New User
Time frame

My dealer is telling me that it should be done the second week of November. Of course they told me it would be done by Oct 27 and that has passed. I call Ford everyday and they are telling me there is still no time frame of arrival. The Ford customer care is a waste of time really because they just tell you to call the dealer. I really hope it happens sooner than later because I have a vacation planned and I know the dealer doesn't want me putting 2k mile on the loaner. I will report back as soon as I hear anything.

Old 11-05-2017, 02:50 PM
Slowtrucker
Senior User
Originally Posted by Christopher Wilson
My dealer is telling me that it should be done the second week of November. Of course they told me it would be done by Oct 27 and that has passed. I call Ford everyday and they are telling me there is still no time frame of arrival. The Ford customer care is a waste of time really because they just tell you to call the dealer. I really hope it happens sooner than later because I have a vacation planned and I know the dealer doesn't want me putting 2k mile on the loaner. I will report back as soon as I hear anything.

The reason Ford Customer care is worthless is that Ford sent out a "DO NOT DEMONSTRATE" "DO NOT SELL" "DO NOT DELIVER" letter on 30 August that informed dealers that they might be subject to a $21,000 fine if they violated the recall. Unfortunately not everyone READ the entire letter. Amazingly a lot of those very same (superbly honest) dealers seem to have sold AND delivered vehicles substantially after that letter went out (like 2+ weeks after!).

So, when FCC says it is something you should talk to your dealer about it is because Ford has done it legal due diligence and want no part of that fecal pie that may be delivered.

Hope you get your truck soon, but when I heard the delays start I moved to and purchased a truck without the airbag seatbelt. Once delays start, I saw (correctly) that the fix to the problem was very much non trivial.

I suspect that the reason I see reports of single repairs being made is some on the fly testing being done by Ford to get feedback on the effectiveness of the dealership folks applying the fix. Ford has to be sweating this due to the financial cost of boat anchors at dealerships until the recall is satisfied. Someone has to pay the bank for that stock.

Of course there are much smarter folks around here than I who will tell you differently.

YMMV

Old 11-07-2017, 10:05 AM
kccode1
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Slowtrucker

So, when FCC says it is something you should talk to your dealer about it is because Ford has done it legal due diligence and want no part of that fecal pie that may be delivered.

YMMV

I just want to weigh in on this. While I agree with the first part that dealers were notified and they should not have delivered a vehicle. I do not agree with this part. If Ford would have done it's due diligence they would not have put in a faulty part for what looks like the better part of 2 years. They created the fecal pie so should have a big part in it. They sold trucks to dealers that now they can't sell and it looks like they are not going to come up with parts before the year end so I know my dealer is going to take a huge hit with the 2 high end 2017s that they have to sit on and may not be able to sell till 2018 has passed.

In other news. I found out the Parts guy at my dealer calls almost every day about the part and has heard nothing at all about any expected ship date or availability. I say stop putting them in the 2018's and send out that batch of parts to fix the old ones.

Old 11-07-2017, 11:01 AM
jds92570
Junior User
Originally Posted by kccode1
I just want to weigh in on this. While I agree with the first part that dealers were notified and they should not have delivered a vehicle. I do not agree with this part. If Ford would have done it's due diligence they would not have put in a faulty part for what looks like the better part of 2 years. They created the fecal pie so should have a big part in it. They sold trucks to dealers that now they can't sell and it looks like they are not going to come up with parts before the year end so I know my dealer is going to take a huge hit with the 2 high end 2017s that they have to sit on and may not be able to sell till 2018 has passed.

In other news. I found out the Parts guy at my dealer calls almost every day about the part and has heard nothing at all about any expected ship date or availability. I say stop putting them in the 2018's and send out that batch of parts to fix the old ones.

I agree with you a 100%. I said the same thing about taking the seat belt assemblies off the 2018 production line and put them in the 2017s to resolve this recall. Just so everyone understands, the entire seat belt assembly must be replaced not just the rivet. I believe I read in an earlier post where someone said all they had to replace is just the rivet, but that's not the case.

My dealership's owner is livid; they have 12 vehicles on the lot(to include mine) and they cannot sell them or give me mine back. They've been calling everyday to get answers from Ford on a definitive date on parts availability and getting nothing. This whole situation has been handled poorly by Ford and they have left the dealerships and their "loyal" customers holding the bag.....Ford is ultimately responsible for this issue. The way Ford handled the recall notification was terrible. My understanding is Ford sent an email
to the dealership's service department, but it was missed. My understanding(at least what I was told) no other official notification was sent to anyone in the dealership which resulted in some of the dealerships not knowing the recall even existed until they sold one of the recalled vehicle and tried reporting the sale to Ford, thus receiving the red flag on the sale.

Regardless of how and what happened if Ford really cared about their customers, they would at least authorize the dealerships to take the seat belt assembly out of a good vehicle on the lot and put them in the vehicles for the individuals that purchased the trucks after the recall that are stuck in limbo. At least that way, we are driving the vehicle we are paying for. I know that doesn't help the others that are already on the road. Honestly, I think I would be more pissed having a vehicle on the road knowing that I have a potential faulty seat belt that could injure a passenger if I'm in an accident. I use my vehicles daily to transport kids...

I can tell you right now it was a hard lesson learned!!! When I decide to purchase another vehicle from this point forward, I will be conducting a search in the NHTSA database by VIN for recalls before I sign anything....

Quick Reply: 17C12 Ford F150 recall