Mama Mia - I can't find a single dealer willing to give any kind of significant discount on a F450 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mama Mia - I can't find a single dealer willing to give any kind of significant discount on a F450

Old 09-10-2017, 04:24 PM
Freshman User

TheLex is starting off with a positive reputation.
Mama Mia - I can't find a single dealer willing to give any kind of significant discount on a F450

I'e emailed and called so many dealers. There almost no 450's on the west coast. The few dealers that have them on the east coast are not willing to deal much if at all.

Does anyone know of a dealer who has stock on a Platinum that is willing to discount off sticker?
Old 09-10-2017, 04:46 PM
Junior User

FishRanger is starting off with a positive reputation.
There is one in the dark grey at Bob Hurley Ford in Tulsa, Ok. They had 3, one in that beautiful red that I considered, but it is gone. I have no idea what they are doing price wise.
Old 09-10-2017, 04:57 PM
Freshman User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishRanger View Post
There is one in the dark grey at Bob Hurley Ford in Tulsa, Ok. They had 3, one in that beautiful red that I considered, but it is gone. I have no idea what they are doing price wise.
It's an odd duck vehicle. They spec'd it without a Fifth Wheel prep pkg, the only F450 Plat I've ever seen without that pkg. The whole point of the thing is to tow.
Old 09-10-2017, 05:35 PM
Postmaster

mhoefer has a great reputation on FTE.mhoefer has a great reputation on FTE.mhoefer has a great reputation on FTE.mhoefer has a great reputation on FTE.
Go to your local dealer, get them to write up a deal on something they have, and something you want on another lot. Then go to those other dealers where they have the same stock. Write up deals at several dealers, with all the options you want included for what stock they have or will have spcomming in. Be truthful, they care competing for your business. Tell them what's important for options, what's less necessary, what colors you want. Any dealer can locate anything you want, you need one that wants to work for your sale.
Old 09-10-2017, 05:43 PM
Post Fiend

69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.
If your a Costco member go thru them. The discount is non-negotiable from the dealers point.
Old 09-10-2017, 05:45 PM
Post Fiend

Karl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputation
Or just join EAA or MCOA and get an X-Plan pin. Takes the fight out of it...
Old 09-10-2017, 05:52 PM
New User

Wisconsinguy is starting off with a positive reputation.
How far do you want to travel the only one near me is at Anderson & Koch in north branch mn they have a white platinum met tri coat show a 4400 discount on their website. Had a friend buy a raptor there one of the few that didn't jack the price up.
Old 09-10-2017, 06:01 PM
Junior User

vancouverbrian is starting off with a positive reputation.
I believe you can find the right dealer. There are not many on dealers lots and you may have to order an 18 to get it. But the right dealer will sell in the invoice price approx. (my 350 was invoice plus 850), less incentives. I would try the fleet managers. They sell trucks. just keep trying and you can save money.
Old 09-10-2017, 06:05 PM
Freshman User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisconsinguy View Post
How far do you want to travel the only one near me is at Anderson & Koch in north branch mn they have a white platinum met tri coat show a 4400 discount on their website. Had a friend buy a raptor there one of the few that didn't jack the price up.
Thanks! Is that about the biggest discount I should expect?
Old 09-10-2017, 06:06 PM
Freshman User

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancouverbrian View Post
I believe you can find the right dealer. There are not many on dealers lots and you may have to order an 18 to get it. But the right dealer will sell in the invoice price approx. (my 350 was invoice plus 850), less incentives. I would try the fleet managers. They sell trucks. just keep trying and you can save money.

I think the problem I'm finding is that Ford just isn't making nearly as many F450's. I see F350's for up to $11k off, but dealers are stingy with their limited stock of F450's.
Old 09-10-2017, 06:10 PM
Freshman User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69cj View Post
If your a Costco member go thru them. The discount is non-negotiable from the dealers point.
Unfortunately Costco does NOT list the F450 on their website. They only represent the F350 and below.
Old 09-10-2017, 06:12 PM
Freshman User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhoefer View Post
Go to your local dealer, get them to write up a deal on something they have, and something you want on another lot. Then go to those other dealers where they have the same stock. Write up deals at several dealers, with all the options you want included for what stock they have or will have spcomming in. Be truthful, they care competing for your business. Tell them what's important for options, what's less necessary, what colors you want. Any dealer can locate anything you want, you need one that wants to work for your sale.
The problem is in my area there is NO stock on F450's. Local dealer has only 1 and there's another one in SoCal. There's a couple in Arizona. The rest are all further east.
Old 09-10-2017, 07:53 PM
Senior User

theboom is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLex View Post

I think the problem I'm finding is that Ford just isn't making nearly as many F450's. I see F350's for up to $11k off, but dealers are stingy with their limited stock of F450's.
I wonder why that is? Based on the demand and interest on the forums you would think they were selling like hot cakes. Are they just not in dealer lots because they sell so fast? I mean yes they have a few cons but they have a lot of pros and don't cost that much more?
Old 09-10-2017, 08:09 PM
Posting Guru

2009kr is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Here's an idea... If ordering, spec out the F350 DRW the way you'd want it and get that price. Then ask how much more for the same thing in an F450. It should be about $3k more. It's no more work for a dealer to order an F450 over an F350, so you can make the case that the markup should be about the same.

I suggest getting the F450 if that's what you want. It's a great truck.
Old 09-10-2017, 08:28 PM
New User

BlackOps450 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I used cars.com and saw some if searching with no mile search limit.