Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rotella T6 Now on Ford's List

Old 09-10-2017, 07:59 AM
senix
senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
Good posting! I'd rep you but I have to spread the love first.

As a precaution, I'd wait till you see some of the bottles moving off the shelf before I bought any T6.

My local tractor supply runs out frequently and does not maintain an inventory. So I think they will have the freshest supply.

Old 09-10-2017, 09:53 AM
Troy Buenger
Postmaster
Troy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to behold
I seen a virgin oil analysis of the T6 CK4 a while back and the phosphorous level was >1k ppm so I new it was just a matter of time to get the CK4 approved. Having said that I don't believe Shell changed the formulation just to get Fords approval, and if they did the amount of testing and qualification would take a very long time.

Old 09-11-2017, 10:01 AM
camminich
Senior User
camminich is starting off with a positive reputation.
Well hot darn, and of course this happens just after I bought 6 gallons of PBE. At least now I can keep my old T6 and not sell it.

I got a friendly email update from Shell this morning also saying T6 was now approved "last week" by Ford. They also noted no change in formulation. So in theory all CK4, and previous labeled CJ4 that was probably CK4 should be all good.

Old 09-11-2017, 10:26 AM
swarf_rat
Elder User
swarf_rat has a good reputation on FTE.swarf_rat has a good reputation on FTE.swarf_rat has a good reputation on FTE.
Can you post that email? Or does someone have a link from Shell with the official position?

Old 09-11-2017, 10:42 AM
camminich
Senior User
camminich is starting off with a positive reputation.
I asked them the same in a response. I'll post the reply.