Are base Raptor tail lights LED? - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Are base Raptor tail lights LED?

Old 09-07-2017, 08:39 AM
Post Fiend

troverman is a name known to alltroverman is a name known to alltroverman is a name known to alltroverman is a name known to alltroverman is a name known to alltroverman is a name known to all
Are base Raptor tail lights LED?

Question - considering buying a 2018 Raptor Crew but it is a base model. It has LED headlights, but the tail lights do not have BLIS. Are they still LED or just incandescent?

Thanks in advance
Old 09-07-2017, 02:08 PM
Post Fiend

Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by troverman View Post
Question - considering buying a 2018 Raptor Crew but it is a base model. It has LED headlights, but the tail lights do not have BLIS. Are they still LED or just incandescent?

Thanks in advance
I have an 801A truck without BLIS and the tail lights are full LED including the halo around the perimeter of the lens...
Old 09-08-2017, 07:16 AM
Post Fiend

troverman is a name known to alltroverman is a name known to alltroverman is a name known to alltroverman is a name known to alltroverman is a name known to alltroverman is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Foot View Post
I have an 801A truck without BLIS and the tail lights are full LED including the halo around the perimeter of the lens...
Thanks Randy - I answered my own question after buying that Leadfoot base Raptor yesterday. They are indeed all LED...even the reverse lamps. Interestingly, the turn signals are amber LEDs. Aren't the Raptors with BLIS (and all F-150 and Super Duty trucks for that matter) equipped with red turn signals? I personally prefer the amber.

It appears the only exterior lights not LED are the license plate lamps. Extremely odd that these remain incandescent...while the Super Duty uses very similar lights but which are LED.
Old 09-08-2017, 08:03 AM
Senior User

Kingofwylietx is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
...Interestingly, the turn signals are amber LEDs. Aren't the Raptors with BLIS (and all F-150 and Super Duty trucks for that matter) equipped with red turn signals? I personally prefer the amber.

It appears the only exterior lights not LED are the license plate lamps. ...
Yes, the models with BLIS have red turn signals, it is integrated with the stop lamps. Amber is actually better for conspicuity, I believe North America is one of the few places in the world where vehicles use red turn signals. I think ECE regulations require an amber turn signal, where our DOT doesn't specify it as required. Either way, you like it and it is actually better.

Unless they changed it, the only non-LED lights you have should be license plate lights, sun visor vanity lights, and your fogs (assuming you have fogs...but I'm not 100% on the fogs being incandescent or LED).

Enjoy the truck, those Raptors are great!
Old 09-08-2017, 08:08 AM
Post Fiend

Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.
I haven't found a single incandescent light on my Raptor yet.. Including those you mentioned...
Old 09-08-2017, 09:37 AM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofwylietx View Post
...but I'm not 100% on the fogs being incandescent or LED).
Raptors are not equipped with fog lights...
Old 09-08-2017, 09:40 AM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Foot View Post
I haven't found a single incandescent light on my Raptor yet.. Including those you mentioned...
Randy, I'd be very curious if you Raptor is different. All the F-150's with LED lights never had LED license plate lights, even Platinums. Unless something has changed. Additionally, the vanity mirror lights were also incandescent...they were on my 2017 Super Duty with all LED lights...even a Platinum did not have LED vanity lights.
Old 09-08-2017, 11:17 AM
Post Fiend

Tyler - I just went and looked again. While my license plate lights to have a blueish tinge to them, they do come on and go out slowly like a typical incandescent (perhaps small halogen?).
The map / dome lights was what I was thinking of and they are LED. You are correct in that the vanity lighting is incandescent. Frankly, I had only noticed one briefly before as my wife was beaming at me with a big smile...
Correct in that there are no fog or driving lights on the Raptor - which is actually disappointing. There are a ton of aftermarket solutions.
If you are on Facebook, there are a few different Raptor groups you can join in and they have a number of options you can look at. All of them are expensive however...
Friend me if you're there and I will suggest the groups for you..
Old 09-12-2017, 08:02 AM
Post Fiend

Hi Randy,

Sorry, I'm not a Facebooker. I'm probably missing out. I'm thinking a lightbar option, wired to an upfitter, might be cool. But I don't want to alter the awesome look of the front of a Raptor.

So far, I like it. Getting pretty reasonable fuel economy. The truck is fast. Ride is nice. Steering wheel feels great. Towing my box trailer with a light load has so far been OK...truck squats to about level. Heavy tow test is coming soon. At least the tires are rated for the load, but laying underneath the vehicle...that trailer hitch assembly looks mighty light duty and states it is capable of 11k max. Apparently, the F-150's that can tow 13k are getting a different, heavier duty hitch. So I'll make sure not to tow more than 11k.

As I bonus, I was pleasantly surprised to find a matching BFG KO2 on a matching beadlock rim as the spare!
Old 09-13-2017, 09:32 AM
Post Fiend

Looking at locking lug nuts now....

Not cheap but....
Amazon Amazon
Old 09-13-2017, 09:41 AM
Post Fiend

Wow! Those are some pretty cool locking lugs. Where I live in rural NH it seems wheel theft is very rare, so I probably won't bother. The price actually seems reasonable to me. Not inexpensive, but not as bad as it could be.
Old 09-13-2017, 10:09 AM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Wow! Those are some pretty cool locking lugs. Where I live in rural NH it seems wheel theft is very rare, so I probably won't bother. The price actually seems reasonable to me. Not inexpensive, but not as bad as it could be.
Wheel theft - or any theft - where I live is generally unheard of.
Problem is that I don't stay put and have come out of a hotel room only to find my vehicle up on blocks before...

Here is a better deal at $108 from Summit Racing
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/gor-96644bdx