Rare 56 f100 Australia right hand drive - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > Projects
Reload this Page >

Rare 56 f100 Australia right hand drive

Notices
Projects Share with other members the details about your project truck or SUV. Old or new, gas or diesel, its all welcome here!

Old 09-06-2017, 06:42 AM
bryangtho
Freshman User
bryangtho is starting off with a positive reputation.

Hi i'm from Australia I have been looking for rhd 56 f100 for a long time now. I finally got my hands on one a few weeks ago. I picked it up from the Dandenong ranges in Victoria about a 3 hours from my home a week ago. I plan on putting a lot money in to it. Its not in to bad of condition but still will need a lot of work. The motor is 272 y block that matches chassis and gear box. My plan is to use a Art Morrison GT Sport chassis and around a 500hp ford race engine. I have it my mates shed now and have to wait for a engineer to come and have a look at it. As it is so hard to get a old car reregister over here but it makes it a lot easier if it is a rhd. And parts are so hard to get over here for the 56

Attached Images     
Old 10-07-2017, 10:00 PM
Rezza56
New User
Rezza56 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hi Mate,
Another Melbourne boy here, I just bought my 56 this week from the US and in the process of getting shipping quotes,etc. should have it here by February 2018.
My plan is a little different, all stock original '56 272ci Y Block too but keeping it that way, just plan to drop it low, get running, keep it Ratty and club rego it (bag it at a later stage).
Parts from US are reasonably priced but exchange rate and shipping is a killer. for us I will be ordering some stuff to come with the truck shipment to save some coin. Maybe we can combine some orders/shipping at a later date. I am in northern suburbs, where are you located?

Old 10-08-2017, 11:20 AM
bryangtho
Freshman User
Hi Rezza i'm in Colac not to far away. I have been sending money like its growing on trees. I got my self a Ford svt 5.4L Supercharged complete engine at 550 hp still in the crate. I got it for $18.000 on eBay i'm hoping to pick it up Wednesday but he want reply back so not sure what's happening. I got a crate of all new glass for the 56 and as for the Art Morrison GT Sport chassis they will not let me use it the *******. I have now hired a engineer from what they call VAS which is a department of vic road. He is coming on Friday to have look at the 56. l have talk to he on the phone and he was saying what ever i want to do. Will be fine as long as i tell what i want from the start. Do you have any pictures of 56 it sounds pretty cool and yes the part in USA are a lot cheaper then here. And yes combining some orders and shipping sounds like a great idea

Old 10-08-2017, 10:15 PM
Rezza56
New User
Hi Bryangtho,

sounds like you plan to build a beast! I have spoken to a guy from Bonneville Consulting re VASS certification in the past, Jean-Christophe Bonneville. He is a very knowledgable guy and works out of Thomastown.
try him if you have trouble.
My ride will be just a ratty cruiser, keeping it fairly stock.

Old 10-08-2017, 10:35 PM
bryangtho
Freshman User
Hi i still waiting to here back for my motor if it don't work out i will order a new 2017 coyote crate engine and transmission from the US. And i all so will put a Edelbrock E-Force Stage 1 Supercharger Kit, Which should give 690 hp. If you are going to go with air bag try a guy called Big l's he's on Facebook

Old 10-17-2017, 03:17 AM
bryangtho
Freshman User
Just got back from Herrod in Melbourne and brought a brand new 2017 coyote with a 6 speed manual gearbox. And all so got a new power steering and AC unit from vintage air. Order a custom front end for it as well it will take about 8 weeks to build it. And still waiting for my stage 2 edelbrock supercharger it should put out about 730 hp

Old 10-17-2017, 04:39 AM
Rezza56
New User
Crazy Power

Hi Buddy,
That is some serious drive train, Herrod is not far from my place and they are doing some serious work on the new Mustangs there. My son had his exhaust upgrade (FPR) done there on his 2016 Mustang GT and I have heard they have a massive waiting list on Supercharger upgrades on the new Mustangs with over 30 booked in to do as they are now the only Ford Warrantied supplier for upgrades.
I take it that your eBay engine fell through?
How did you go with you VASS inspection for what you want to do?
What was the original engine in your truck and was it running? If you want to offload it, I may be interested for parts.
My 56 has been picked up by a local Alabama garage to get running, etc before shipping to Oz which hopefully will happen at the end of the month.
Good luck with everything mate, keep in touch, your truck will be awesome by the sound of your plans.

Old 10-17-2017, 06:44 AM
bryangtho
Freshman User
Hi Rezza yes the motor fell through he wanted me to put money in to his bank but i couldn't even see the motor. And yes Herrod are very good at what they do and really looked after me with the price. And with VASS inspection was saying what ever i want to do he will past it so great news there. The original engine is a 272 y block with a manual gear box and it was running as far as no. Not sure wastes it worth if you what it i will give it to you cheap

Old 11-03-2017, 12:06 AM
bryangtho
Freshman User
l have been having trouble trying to match supercharger to the 2017 coyote motor with the vintage air AC power and steering pump. It will not work so they are saying they have made up a mock up using a Roush supercharger. Which they are saying will work the same as Edelbrock supercharger anyway have to see how it go's. The front end should be here in the few weeks and will be running 330mm baer brakes with 6 piston. And the diff i have ordered full floating diff and will be running 300mm baer with 4 piston brakes. Here's a picture of the mock up motor

Attached Images  
Old 11-04-2017, 04:00 AM
Rezza56
New User
Hi Bryongtho,
That looks awesome, it should do 700+HP from what I have heard about that set up. What are they telling you it will do?
My 56 is about to leave Alabama USA on Monday across the country to LA for shipping, I had a local garage in Alabama get it up and running for me after it had been sitting for God knows how many years (10 years+).
All stock 272ci Y Block, they sent me a video this morning and it was great to see it up and driving, shouldn't need too much work to get it road worthy and on Club Rego when it arrives here in Melbourne. It should get here late Jan/Early Feb, can't wait. Cheers, Steve

Old 11-05-2017, 12:26 AM
bryangtho
Freshman User
Hi Rezza that looks so cool some very good looking panels on there by the look of it. Yes they are saying with the Edelbrock supercharger will make 730 hp. And i have decided to go with all new panels with mine. And will have to get all the door repair kits to fix the doors, and will start on chassis and cab straight after Christmas. l hope everything go well getting your 56 over here

Old 11-05-2017, 06:46 AM
Rezza56
New User
Hi Buddy,
yes this truck was a rare find on eBay, did a load of research on it without going over to see it which was risky but all panned out. There is not a mark on any of the fenders or front end at all and everyone who has seen it at the garage in Alabama I used to get it running can't believe how good it is. It does have some rust in the doors and tailgate but that is it!
As for your truck, make a list of parts from all the usual suppliers in the US, Mid Fifty, LMC Truck, Dennis Carpenters, Mid West Early Ford, Sacramento Vintage Ford, etc. I have used Blue Oval Truck Parts for my stuff, I just gave him a full list from all suppliers which he matched and orders what he doesn't normally stock. I have a mate in Sydney who knows the owner and got all his 49 F1 parts from and said that they are all top quality.
the good thing about Blue Oval is that they are in California and you will need to ship out of LA. I can also recommend the shipping company that I am using, if you private message me, we can exchange details and contacts.
My son was telling me that the Roush and Ford Performance Racing superchargers are both made by Elton, the edelbrock and whipple are stand alone manufacturers.

Old 11-20-2017, 09:42 AM
6t6merc
Posting Guru
6t6merc is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.6t6merc is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Nice stuff. I'm intrigued by the rhd vehicles because of the weirdness of the linkages, interference with the exhaust/steering/ brakes/ etc. Many made here in Canada too!
Most of the repro parts come from the USA of course but you guys might want to try Canada for used and nos because of our (artificially low) 75 cent dollar.
Eric

Old 11-20-2017, 09:53 AM
bryangtho
Freshman User
Originally Posted by 6t6merc View Post
Nice stuff. I'm intrigued by the rhd vehicles because of the weirdness of the linkages, interference with the exhaust/steering/ brakes/ etc. Many made here in Canada too!
Most of the repro parts come from the USA of course but you guys might want to try Canada for used and nos because of our (artificially low) 75 cent dollar.
Eric
Yes i have had a look at Canada for parts but couldn't find any not sure why. If you have some places or websites would be a great help thanks

Old 11-22-2017, 10:13 PM
bryangtho
Freshman User
Well Herrod finally got Edelbrock supercharger on my motor and it looks great. Couldn't use 5.4 steering pump just to big. So i will be using a pump off a Holden Astra

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rare 56 f100 Australia right hand drive

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: